Why wouldn't Jesus...

Personal responsibility is key. We are commanded not to be idle. Not to steal. Not to rob from others. We are commanded to provide for the poor. We are to minister and uplift people both temporarly and spiritually. We are. We aren't commanded to outsource our responsibilities to the poor to someone else. We are to take care of them as individuals.

So then tithing and donating to charities is also against the teaching of Jesus?

I don't think so.

I dont know why you cant understand that there is a difference between giving voluntarily and forcing others to give of themselves through violence
Violence? No offense, but you are insane. Or a liar. Did you know that Jesus doesn't approve of liars, no matter what Mormons say.

Last edited:
What goes on in your mind is of zero relevance to the real world, Rav.

But it's good that you keep practicing.

What goes on in your mind is of zero relevance to the real world, Rav.

But it's good that you keep practicing.

If Romney ever had a snowball's chance in hell at winning, I would :lmao: when he canceled your EITC.

Obama told us his plan is working. You are saying you want more people living in poverty, more people on food stamps, more people unemployed, more inflation, more home foreclosures, more terror attacks, and more Washington DC telling us what we can do with our bodies (healthcare)? What a "master" you have picked.

Personal responsibility is key. We are commanded not to be idle. Not to steal. Not to rob from others. We are commanded to provide for the poor. We are to minister and uplift people both temporarly and spiritually. We are. We aren't commanded to outsource our responsibilities to the poor to someone else. We are to take care of them as individuals.

So then tithing and donating to charities is also against the teaching of Jesus?

I don't think so.

I dont know why you cant understand that there is a difference between giving voluntarily and forcing others to give of themselves through violence

violence?

the only person mentioning violence is you.

want us to structure our society to help the poor?

Jesus preached that we should help the poor...that is indisputable.

I often see self-described Christians arguing against social welfare, claiming that Jesus meant that we should help the poor individually.

This makes no sense to me. If we have the power, as individuals, to collectively help the poor then IMO this is what Jesus would want us to do.

Any thoughts?

My thought is you are being disingenuous. On the off chance you aren't, why would you believe that Jesus would structure the society to force people to give when he argued against that very thing when he was here?

Awsome posts Logical, very well said! I've never looked at the story of Joseph in quite that way, and it makes perfect sense and ties in very well. Well done! ;)

I got that from a black preacher trying to reach his congregation on why they should not have "faith" in the gov't. Wish it was mine :(

Well, the important thing is that you are continuing to spread his great message! ;)

Awsome posts Logical, very well said! I've never looked at the story of Joseph in quite that way, and it makes perfect sense and ties in very well. Well done! ;)

I got that from a black preacher trying to reach his congregation on why they should not have "faith" in the gov't. Wish it was mine :(

I heard something similiar from a black preacher I was listening to on the radio. It was a perspective I hadn't considered.

Violence? No offense, but you are insane. Or a liar. Did you know that Jesus doesn't approve of liars, no matter what Mormons say.

Are you seriously unaware that the government collects taxes through the use and the threat of force AKA violence?

I know Jesus doesn't approve of liars. That's why I will invite you to repent and stop lying.

God is not going to vote for Obama, Ravi. Give it up.

God can't vote, he's not a US citizen.

But there is no doubt in my mind that he would prefer Obama over a fucktard leech/vampire on society: Mitt Romney.

Odd conclusion considering Romney is the one who has spent his life contributing to the betterment of society and Obama is the leech/vampire.

I don't think so.

violence?

So you are arguing that the government doesnt force people now?

Are you seriously unaware that the government collects taxes through the use and the threat of force AKA violence?

I know Jesus doesn't approve of liars. That's why I will invite you to repent and stop lying.
Yes, I am seriously unaware of that. You're the liar, not me.

VIOLENCE for evading taxes? :doubt:

Tax evasion refers to attempts by individuals, corporations or trusts to avoid paying the total amount of taxes owed through illegal means, known as tax evasion fraud. This may include underreporting income, misrepresenting deductions, offshore tax evasion strategies, or or failing to file returns in a timely manner. Tax evasion penalties can have serious repercussions. The government imposes serious tax evasion sentence and penalties on offenders, including prison terms and hefty fines, for tax evasion.

Cost of Tax Evasion

The U.S. government estimates that approximately 3 percent of taxpayers do not file tax returns at all. While not filing taxes can involve both civil and criminal penalties, these are usually related to the amount of tax owed. For example, if a taxpayer does not owe any taxes, the penalties for not filing are less serious. However, failing to file a tax return for a year in which you do owe taxes is a crime. For each year a taxpayer does not file a return, the penalty can include a fine of up to $25,000 and a prison sentence of up to one year.

If the IRS can demonstrate that the individual or company willfully did not file in an attempt to evade taxation, the IRS can pursue a felony conviction, which could include a fine of up to $100,000 and a maximum prison sentence of five years.

Although incarceration is rare, the threat is very real. Therefore, the best course of action is to file an accurate tax return on time every year. This is true even if you don’t have the money to pay the entire tax bill. In these cases, the IRS will work with you to set up a payment plan. If you need for more time to prepare an accurate tax return, such as owing to insufficient records, you can request an extension of time to file.

If individuals or corporations file tax returns late, the IRS can levy a penalty or a “late filing fee” of 5 percent for every month the return is late up to a maximum of 25 percent of the total tax due. However, the IRS usually does not pursue criminal charges against taxpayers who file their tax returns late. It also tends to extend more sympathetic treatment in collecting taxes to those who file on their own before the IRS “catches up with them.”

Even if you have not filed taxes for many years, it is best to file missing returns late. The IRS computers do not automatically search for a taxpayer’s history, and the IRS wants to encourage non-filers to begin filing taxes.

Penalties for Tax Evasion | Lawfirms.com

you can't possibly be this stupid and still breathe, so i'll assume that you're a liar.

good to know :thup:

there's nothing i like better than a hypocritical holy roller.

it confirms my bias.

you may now resume high fiving each other on your piety.

violence?

So you are arguing that the government doesnt force people now?

you're going to argue that people are physically coerced by the government through violence to pay their taxes?

is that really something you think any rational person is going to believe?

your lies greatly sadden the baby jesus.

Forum List

Back