Why wouldn’t legitimate politicians introduce a Bill to end birthright citizenship?

I know Democrats cringe at the thought of such a Bill but aren’t politicians supposed to protect Americans and not Mexico’s people?
Could a Bill such as this have any negative affect on REAL American’s?
I laugh at the thought of such a bill. I wish one of those cucks would, it would be funny to watch Republicans make the case that's congressional bills can over ride constitutional protections.

I know Democrats cringe at the thought of such a Bill but aren’t politicians supposed to protect Americans and not Mexico’s people?
Another day...another Republican wants to trash the Constitution. :itsok:

Don't need a bill
Need a court case to get to SCOTUS where they can correct the inappropriate way the 14th amendment has been used.

You racist fucks never gjve up, do you?

The reason is purely political. Even if a politician wanted to do it (It was something that Donald Trump campaigned on), it is very controversial matter, and every major news outlet in the country (POSSIBLY excepting Fox News) would immediately brand the sponsor(s) of such legislation bigots, xenophobes, flat-earthers and anything else they could think of.

Despite Leftist assertions to the contrary, the Fourteenth Amendment DOES NOT sanction birthright citizenship, and in fact there are no Supreme Court opinions on point. Hence it could easily be eliminated by Congress with appropriate legislation. It would take a Republican Congress and President to pull it off, and it would probably have to EXCLUDE anyone who was born in the U.S. prior to enactment of the law.

The following text comes from the Fourteenth Amendment:

"All persons born... in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States..." The words, "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" were intended to exclude the children of foreign diplomats. Leftists simply gloss over those words and deem them meaningless. But they apply directly to children of illegals who are - ta daa! - subject to the jurisdiction of their parents' home country.

Suppose we end birthright citizenship. What will replace it?

How will one become a citizen? I'm hoping for grandkids, and I'm hoping they will be Americans. If my first grandbaby being born in Texas is not enough for him or her to be a citizen, what else will the baby be required to do? What if one of my kids marries a ferner? Will there be even more requirements, even if the baby is born in Lebonon, Kansas, near the geographic center of the contiguous United States?

Forum List

Back