Why You Should Have An AR-15

It's interesting that your multiple layers of security don't assuage your fears enough to convince you that you'd have time to get a firearm from a secure location if you needed it.
One gets the impression you don't really trust your efforts.

Still, if one has been brought up to be scared of one's fellow citizens I guess that's a natural consequence.

I've done an awful lot of animal shooting on foot, often with companions. Semi's have no place there.
Tell me you're FoS w/o telling me you are FoS.
ARs balance terribly for carrying,
Tell me you have no idea what you;re talking about w/o telling me you have no idea what you;re talking about.
they don't have an action that can be closed silently.
Tell me you have no idea what you;re talking about w/o telling me you have no idea what you;re talking about.
They just keep failing the actual sporting rifle tests.

The main argument in favor of every patriot owning an AR, in addition to whatever other weapons he/she may have, is this:

In a SHTF situation, there is an enormous advantage to being in an organized group. And in an organized group, there is a big advantage to everyone having the same weapon, or at least weapons which fire the same cartridge. One other advantage of the AR is that it is easy to use for those of a slender build, which I don't think can be said of all the other alternatives. So ... if you don't have one, buy one, even if you have other (better) weapons. Assuming, of course, we may run into a SHTF situation.

So the question is, is America heading towards such a situation? I think there is plenty of evidence that it is ... that at least, it's a serious possibility. For those who have the time and inclination to read, I recommend Megathreats, by N. Roubini, the guy who predicted the 2008 crash. It's not just about economics ... he identifies ten converging threats, which may lead to some serious collapse of the economic/social/political order.
[ MegaThreats ]

Tell me you're FoS w/o telling me you are FoS.

Tell me you haven't carried pack and rifle up rivers and over ridges after animals and have done no stalking in heavy bush without telling me that.

Sure. And grandchild possible access to unsecured loaded firearms as I am given to understand.
View attachment 748297

And this is a lie......

First of all, the number of firearm deaths for school-age children drops quite a bit when you do not include 18-year-olds.
---
Removing 18-year-olds would drop the gun death number to 28,559 — just slightly fewer than the total for the military and police.
----

In fact, 17- and 18-year-olds make up almost 56 percent of the gun deaths of school-age children. The numbers also drop significantly — 60 percent — if suicides are removed.
---
We are also wary when a single change in the data set — from age 18 to 17 — reduces the number enough that the statistic is no longer correct.

Biden’s startling statistic on school-age gun deaths

One example of the lie....

n 2020 (the most recent year with available data from the CDC), firearms were the number one cause of death for children ages 1-19 in the United States,

When is a child between the ages of 1-19......? Please...tell us...

Only twenty?
I like 20 round magazines. I used to hit the ground pretty hard, coming down M-16 butt first into prone supported, never breaking or damaging a 20 rdn magazine, but can't say the same for a 30. Maybe something to do with the length of my elbows. I don't know. I do know the longer the magazine, the greater the chance of damage to the magazine or possibly your low receiver group. Also if shooting on a range for distance shots on a range table (lazy man style), the longer magazine gets in the way there, also. Don't worry. I have 30s, I just don't use them much, but I'm a consistent quick fire bell ringer at 300M, so I may not need the extra ammo for around the house use.
Make sense?

In Conus, we lock unloaded weapons away to keep them from being stolen, at expense to the taxpayer and danger to the public, not misuse by the soldiers.
In most units, the only people required to secure personally owned weapons in the Arms Room are those who live in the barracks. I lived off base and always had my personally owned weapons at home,

Last edited:
I've done an awful lot of animal shooting on foot, often with companions. Semi's have no place there. ARs balance terribly for carrying, they don't have an action that can be closed silently. They just keep failing the actual sporting rifle tests.
ARs balance very well, you carry them with your left hand forward of the mag well. Rifles have safeties, you don’t need to close the action before firing. If you prefer to carry open bolt, you can silently ease the bolt forward with the operating handle and seat it with the forward assist. No noise at all.

AR-15s?

That's so 20th Century...

That’s stupid. whomever wrote that needs to take English One over again. A 84mm weapon would likely be a Carl Gustav recoiless rifle which would be useless without ammo and unless the owner has a destructivevdevice permit, likely to be illegal as well.

The main argument in favor of every patriot owning an AR, in addition to whatever other weapons he/she may have, is this:

In a SHTF situation, there is an enormous advantage to being in an organized group. And in an organized group, there is a big advantage to everyone having the same weapon, or at least weapons which fire the same cartridge. One other advantage of the AR is that it is easy to use for those of a slender build, which I don't think can be said of all the other alternatives. So ... if you don't have one, buy one, even if you have other (better) weapons. Assuming, of course, we may run into a SHTF situation.

So the question is, is America heading towards such a situation? I think there is plenty of evidence that it is ... that at least, it's a serious possibility. For those who have the time and inclination to read, I recommend Megathreats, by N. Roubini, the guy who predicted the 2008 crash. It's not just about economics ... he identifies ten converging threats, which may lead to some serious collapse of the economic/social/political order.
[ MegaThreats ]
SHTF is my main concern and reason.

As for meathead Joe's comment here, like many Leftists, especially with no military service background, which fits his CV, this is the sort of thinking that imagines all military personnel are mindless robots whom will follow orders blindly. (If things ever got to a shootin' situation between Citizens and Guv'mint, quite probable most military persons would side with the Citizens.)

Biden: The Second Amendment is useless because the government can crush you​

BTW, there's an undercurrent in Joe's remarks that suggests a person itching for an excuse to become the next Fuhrer.

Forum List

Back