Why You Should Have An AR-15

Subject to the laws of the land, I have a right to own an AR-15 or any other legal gun and my reasons for doing so are none of anyone else's business. I do not have to justify anything to anybody as far as gun ownership is concerned.

Only one AR and only two magazines?

fetchimage
I only built one. One of my sons gave me a charging handle in my Christmas stocking one year, so I decided to do a complete build, choosing all components to justify it, which he knew I would. As for ammo, I don't wasted it, as I mark my targets and don't miss much, not being one for suppressing fire, as a rule.

Chances of a visiting granddaughter here, disturbing a stored but handy weapon are nil.
Sure. The same rationale where on bases with disciplined soldiers under supervision they don't lock unloaded weapons away. I hear ya'.

Sure. The same rationale where on bases with disciplined soldiers under supervision they don't lock unloaded weapons away. I hear ya'.
In Conus, we lock unloaded weapons away to keep them from being stolen, at expense to the taxpayer and danger to the public, not misuse by the soldiers.

I only built one. One of my sons gave me a charging handle in my Christmas stocking one year, so I decided to do a complete build, choosing all components to justify it, which he knew I would. As for ammo, I don't wasted it, as I mark my targets and don't miss much, not being one for suppressing fire, as a rule.
I love to build them. So I have many more than I need. I am also a greedy magazine hoarder so I have hundreds of them. Funny because for the last 20 years I have been using one 50 year old GI 20 rd magazine as my range mag.

The only time I use a 30rd mag is when I take out my M-16.

In Conus, we lock unloaded weapons away to keep them from being stolen, at expense to the taxpayer and danger to the public, not misuse by the soldiers.
And of course the same reasons could not apply in your situation. I hear ya'.

The AR platform is probably the best thing to come down the pike since brass cartridges and smokeless powder.
Endless variations = endless versatility - you can, quite literally, build an AR for any purpose you might have for a firearm.

An AR pistol or carbine in a major pistol caliber (9 40 10 45) is probably the best weapon you can have for home defense.

I love to build them. So I have many more than I need. I am also a greedy magazine hoarder so I have hundreds of them. Funny because for the last 20 years I have been using one 50 year old GI 20 rd magazine as my range mag.

The only time I use a 30rd mag is when I take out my M-16.
Well you are ready for the apocalypse now. I have enough for immediate security, but also know if something really goes down, there will be plenty lying around to pick up, if people start to shoot at me. Just saying, battlefield rules would apply.

And of course the same reasons could not apply in your situation. I hear ya'.
I arguably have triple barrier protection of fencing, exterior locks, internal locked areas, as sell as surveillance of a roving, very protective, distrustful of strangers, 90 lb German Shepherd. UPS has been scared shtless just to leave packages on the concrete by the door, long since learning not to ring the doorbell, as Lexie goes bananas, and I have a tendency coming to the door say loudly, "No Lexie, you can't eat that man".:auiqs.jpg:

Except as a useful sporting rifle.
^^^
A statement of ignorance, or dishonesty.
I've done an awful lot of animal shooting on foot, often with companions. Semi's have no place there. ARs balance terribly for carrying, they don't have an action that can be closed silently. They just keep failing the actual sporting rifle tests.

Sure. And grandchild possible access to unsecured loaded firearms as I am given to understand.
View attachment 748297
No. She is outside playing on the deck with her mother, (my daughter) and my wife, Grams as she calls her.

• Sad
Reactions: cnm
No probs. As Flash has said, it's just the price of freedom...
No. Just the benefit of being 65 degrees in the middle of January for some reason, instead of freezing cold and wintry mix.

Except as a useful sporting rifle.
A lot of people hunt with them.

Some people do competitive marksmanship shooting.

Some people use them for three gun competitions. That is a lot of fun if you are into it.

As far as "useful sport" that is what I do every week when I got to the shooting range for recreation.

Myself and many other people also enjoy building and collecting ARs.

Of course none of that is what the Founding Fathers intended with the Second Amendment. They intended to put power into the hands of the people as a check on government tyranny. The people should have used that power when the Democrats stole the 2020 election but it is obvious none of them had the courage to do the right thing did they? All they did was take selfies in Nancy Pelosi's office.

Forum List

Back