Will GOP Oppose Placing a Woman on the $20.00???

I saw on Yahoo that one of four women are being considered for the $20...

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

I'm curious how the GOP is going to oppose this. Because you know they are.
On the FACT it has been reserved for mainly presidents yes.
A 25 dollar bill would have more use and NOT ruffle anyone.

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

Possibly the dumbest OP posted yet this year. You people really are unhinged from the epic beat down the GOP put on you last November.

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

On the FACT it has been reserved for mainly presidents yes.
A 25 dollar bill would have more use and NOT ruffle anyone.

Would you stop using the $20 if a black women were on the bill?

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

Possibly the dumbest OP posted yet this year. You people really are unhinged from the epic beat down the GOP put on you last November.

Gee, I'll have to learn to live with your outrage....somehow I think I'll manage.

The really cruel thing is that there is a chance every ATM in every Red State will be churning out photos of black women so when their disability check is deposited at the fist of every month, poor whites can buy a carton of smokes using those $20's....and some lottery tickets of course; can't forget the Mega Millions....

:dance:
:lol::dance::lol:
:lol::dance::lol::dance::lol:

Or pay their trailer park rent

The really cruel thing is that there is a chance every ATM in every Red State will be churning out photos of black women so when their disability check is deposited at the fist of every month, poor whites can buy a carton of smokes using those $20's....and some lottery tickets of course; can't forget the Mega Millions....

:dance:
:lol::dance::lol:
:lol::dance::lol::dance::lol:

Or pay their trailer park rent
There is something satisfying about it.....

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

If they were looking for a Historical person to replace Jackson, and came up with a woman, that would be great. Instead what they are doing is looking for just a Woman, Is there a reason why? why the misplaced activism. As i had mentioned before, If they are to replace Andrew Jackson I would replace him with something representing our Native American Allies in the founding of America. To me, if your looking to make some sort of statement of respect, this would be much more fitting, considering Andrew Jackson's historical treatment of native Americans.

Oneida Indian Nation History

Our money is FINE the way it is. Like some said on here the only woman I would find fitting would be our first African-American SOS Condi Rice.
Why condi out of every woman of importance?

Because she is a republican perhaps.....

You know that is a terrible reason right?

I don't care she's a Republican.

these people have Margret Sanger on the list for crying out loud

these people aren't rational.
SNIP:

It's Time To Put A Woman On The 20 Dollar Bill
Updated: Mon 2:13 PM, Mar 09, 2015
By: Aaron Smith; Nick Viviani

Forget about Andrew Jackson and his big hair. It's time we put a woman on the 20 dollar bill.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Forget about Andrew Jackson and his big hair. It's time we put a woman on the $20 bill.

So says an organization called Women on 20s, which is trying to convince President Obama and Congress to replace the controversial seventh president with a woman.

The group, which also calls itself W20, lists 15 candidates to replace Jackson. They include Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Eleanor Roosevelt, Rachel Carson, Margaret Sanger and Susan B. Anthony.

Anthony used to adorn the dollar coin, which now bears the image of Sacagawea. But there are still no women on paper currency.

W20 is petitioning the president and Congress to put one of these women on the $20 bill by 2020, the 100th anniversary off the ratification of the 19th amendment, which granted women the right to vote. Anthony, an abolitionist and suffragist, campaigned for the passage of that amendment.

W20 is inviting people to vote on its web site for their favorite candidates to grace the $20 bill.

A vote for Tubman -- a key player in the Underground Railroad, helping slaves escape from the antebellum South to the North -- would be a stark contrast to Jackson, who owned a slave plantation in Nashville.

A fervent believer in Manifest Destiny, Jackson is also infamous for having supported the Indian Removal Act of 1830, the forced removal of Native tribes from the Eastern states to Oklahoma.

"Commonly known as the Trail of Tears, the mass relocation of Indians resulted in the deaths of thousands from exposure, disease and starvation during the westward migration," said W20. "Not okay."

The Bank of England did something like this in 2013, when it replaced Charles Darwin on the £10 note to make way for Jane Austen.

all of it:
It s Time To Put A Woman On The 20 Dollar Bill

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

We are dealing with weapons grade stupidity here...but candyass was just as unhinged and stupid last year.

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

I just wonder if our government doesn't have better things to work on than changing the 20 dollar bill, how about stop spending 2 plus cents to make a penny, worth a penny.

Let business round up to the next nickel for people who still carry cash, and not round up for checks(yeah, they still around) or plastic.

As far as changing the 20 goes, why change it? why not make a 25 dollar bill, and produce it in the numbers they produce a 2 dollar bill, It makes it spendable and collectible.

And I could go for any of the women listed, except for Mankiller, I never even heard of her before this started. And I would say Emilia Earhart would be more popular than any of the 4 listed.

Do I opposed changing the 20? YES! It's bad enough that we have 4 or 5 different versions of it already.

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

I am not the GOP but hell yes I oppose it. If this shit passes I will refuse to use a 20$ bill unless its a real one and I mean real by as in CORRECT not this diverse bullshit.

When the first female president dies put her picture on the $20.00 bill. Not women who did nothing. Betsy Ross did more than any of the women listed.

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

Well of course, what with the War On Women and everything going on, sure.

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

lol, no kidding
I was thinking this is the next RAGE of the week coming...
man oh man. turning it into frikken politics over some picture on money

Harriet Tubman
Elenor Roosevelt (sp?)
Rosa Parks
Wilma Mankiller

If they were looking for a Historical person to replace Jackson, and came up with a woman, that would be great. Instead what they are doing is looking for just a Woman, Is there a reason why? why the misplaced activism. As i had mentioned before, If they are to replace Andrew Jackson I would replace him with something representing our Native American Allies in the founding of America. To me, if your looking to make some sort of statement of respect, this would be much more fitting, considering Andrew Jackson's historical treatment of native Americans.

Oneida Indian Nation History

It's probably political however, I do see the point of including something other than white men on the currency.

Forum List

Back