Will Obama Veto the Keystone Pipeline?

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
We all know a Keystone pipeline bill will hit Obama's desk sometime in January after the GOP takes control of Congress.

So...does Obama commit political suicide and veto the bill.....or does he sign it?

I'm going to go with: Obola vetoes it.

He's just itching for a fight; afterall, his only real experience is as a community organizer.

If he does, I also predict that enough Dem Senators will join with the GOP to overturn his veto, especially ones from energy producing states.

I'm going to go with: Obola vetoes it.

He's just itching for a fight; afterall, his only real experience is as a community organizer.

If he does, I also predict that enough Dem Senators will join with the GOP to overturn his veto, especially ones from energy producing states.

I completely agree. A lot of Democrat Senators will vote for a Keystone Pipeline Bill. They don't want to continue to go down with the Obama ship.

KeystoneNoThanks.jpg

He'll veto it. Hell, he's been using the excuse for 5 years that they're still studying the environmental impacts. We won WWII in less time! Veto comin', fer sure.............

Maybe they could compromise and both give in on immigration and the tar pipeline.:cheers2:

Since BIG LABOR has always been for it and since the Rats have few if any other friends, I think he'll trade approval for something he wants. And I think the next two years will be like that....bartering for what's good for the country and what Barry the Fairy wants. There could well be a breakout by the remaining Rats in the Senate to override every veto he makes and at that point he might give up and resign. :deal:

Since BIG LABOR has always been for it and since the Rats have few if any other friends, I think he'll trade approval for something he wants. And I think the next two years will be like that....bartering for what's good for the country and what Barry the Fairy wants. There could well be a breakout by the remaining Rats in the Senate to override every veto he makes and at that point he might give up and resign. :deal:

Yeah maybe he'll want the EPA regulations intact and immigration reform. How bad do they want that slurry from Canada?

Do they have 60 votes to get it out of the Senate? If the GOP doesn't, then the smart move for the Democrats would be to demand they bundle it with a broader infrastructure bill,

which would force the GOP to stand against a popular initiative and remind everyone of how extremist and uncompromising they are.

And the best part is, if they went along with it, Obama could sign it and get the credit. lol

The Keystone Pipeline will be leveraged so Obama can get something that he wants from Congress.

Another way of looking at it is, since the pipeline has public support, Obama can sign the bill and get the credit.

Democrats who need to cover their own political interests can go ahead and vote against it without jeopardizing the bill itself.

Why are you against this pipeline that will create jobs and lots of money to be made?

then build the pipeline ... the only way to prove to idiots like you and the keystome kid RW's is to get it done and show you Keystone has absolutely NO LT effect on America ... you're probably too dumb to spell Canada/global oil, union built, in the same sentence.

So the company has to clean it up at their cost. Whats the big deal?

I've seen septic system blowouts bigger than that.
Those will be the only USA jobs to come from it.

So no jobs at any booster stations? No maintenance and monitoring jobs? no jobs at the head and a terminus at the pipeline?

No jobs from the increased access to exports? No jobs from the extra people working in areas of the pipeline's booster stations?

I think the Reps would love a veto of this project. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dems filibuster in order to prevent this from happening.

Forum List

Back