Will Pres. of USA Lie More or Lie Less in 2020

All politicians lie more or less. This being an election year I'll go with the "more" side.

Why do you accept that?

because there’s nothing we can do about it

Of course there is. Don't vote for them.

there would be no one to vote for

Sure there would be. I can understand someone voting for Obama and even Trump the first time. Their promises really aren't lies until they become lies. I can not understand anyone voting for them the second time.

All politicians lie more or less. This being an election year I'll go with the "more" side.

Why do you accept that?

Sure there would be. I can understand someone voting for Obama and even Trump the first time. Their promises really aren't lies until they become lies. I can not understand anyone voting for them the second time.

Trump and Obama lied about everything, not just their promises. All politicians lie. They have been getting away with it forever. Now some tell more lies than others, and some tell bigger lies, but they all lie.

Why do you accept that?

Trump and Obama lied about everything, not just their promises. All politicians lie. They have been getting away with it forever. Now some tell more lies than others, and some tell bigger lies, but they all lie.

And then get re-elected. I do not understand that.

/—-/ I reject your premise. The president doesn’t lie.
You are distorting or misreading the premise.
you never lied??
Everyone lies at times, sometimes on purpose and sometimes by mistake. The test of character is how one reacts when one is informed they have been caught telling a lie, whether by mistake or on purpose.
Camp, you can't lie "by mistake." Lying requires the intent to dissemble.
Being flat out wrong or misinformed is not lying. It's inaccuracies. That is the majority of what comes out of the President's mouth. He doesn't listen very well, gets bored by anything but tv, and probably misremembers a good part of what he did hear.

A distinction without a difference and when it comes to Federal Politicians that are given enormous resources with respect to staff and information technology there is NO excuse to make unqualified inaccurate public statements.

The "I was simply mistaken when I publicly claimed that XYZ was true" doesn't fly when you have at your disposal millions of tax payer dollars worth of resources dedicated to the task of checking your facts before opening your mouth.
While I agree there is no excuse for so much of it, I believe there is definitely a distinction between purposely lying and mistakenly quoting a misremembered fact. Sloppiness is its own bad habit, but not as purposely evil as lying.

2019 was a record-breaking year for the number of undebatable provable lies told by an American President in a year according to some fact-checkers and news media reports. Of course, "undebatable proven lies" are in fact, debatable since in the Trump era of alternative news anything is debatable and any lies are justified or defended with "what aboutism deflections". So, will the new year bring a decrease or increase in alleged lies told by Donald Trump, aka Liar in Chief or IMPOTUS (IMPEACHED PRES OF THE US).
The main question is will the mainstream media stop lying about the president and will it stop pushing its antigun agenda?

If it's OK for the president to lie why is it not OK for the media?
When the lying media is reporting the lie anything else they say is irrelevant

2019 was a record-breaking year for the number of undebatable provable lies told by an American President in a year according to some fact-checkers and news media reports. Of course, "undebatable proven lies" are in fact, debatable since in the Trump era of alternative news anything is debatable and any lies are justified or defended with "what aboutism deflections". So, will the new year bring a decrease or increase in alleged lies told by Donald Trump, aka Liar in Chief or IMPOTUS (IMPEACHED PRES OF THE US).
The main question is will the mainstream media stop lying about the president and will it stop pushing its antigun agenda?

Should this not apply to a lying president also?

Who says he's lying?

/—-/ I reject your premise. The president doesn’t lie.
You are distorting or misreading the premise.
you never lied??
Everyone lies at times, sometimes on purpose and sometimes by mistake. The test of character is how one reacts when one is informed they have been caught telling a lie, whether by mistake or on purpose.
Camp, you can't lie "by mistake." Lying requires the intent to dissemble.
Being flat out wrong or misinformed is not lying. It's inaccuracies. That is the majority of what comes out of the President's mouth. He doesn't listen very well, gets bored by anything but tv, and probably misremembers a good part of what he did hear.

A distinction without a difference and when it comes to Federal Politicians that are given enormous resources with respect to staff and information technology there is NO excuse to make unqualified inaccurate public statements.

The "I was simply mistaken when I publicly claimed that XYZ was true" doesn't fly when you have at your disposal millions of tax payer dollars worth of resources dedicated to the task of checking your facts before opening your mouth.

yeah, anyone can misspeak. I don’t expect politicians to be perfect because of technology or the huge staffs they have. I don’t know why you believe that factors in. Politicians speak often, they’re human, and mistakes happen. Lying is to intentionally deceive, not in the same ballpark as making a mistake

Who says he's lying?

LOL........

Increase. He's been on an ascending spiral the whole time.

Camp NEVER told a lie --he's perfect
ZFsoKxm.gif
I bet he didn't tell 10 or 12 thousand of them in just a couple of years.

Increase. He's been on an ascending spiral the whole time.
Escalation...what happens when a narcissist is allowed to get their way without being checked.

Forum List

Back