Will Republicans ever admit the mess they left President Obama?

There certainly wasn't much reason to vote Republican with an economy in collapse and dead American soldiers all over the Middle East.

And who controlled congress for the 2 years preceding the collapse? Yes lying filth Democrats that's who. And who spewed nothing but economic doom and gloom for those two years hoping to drive the economy into the ditch so they could win the 2008 presidential election? Yes lying filth Democrats that's who. There's your daily dose of butt hurt libs.
You're certainly giving the Democrats a ton of credit, thinking that they alone could drag the largest economy on the planet into the most complex and broad financial meltdown since the Great Depression.

And we had one Commander In Chief. It was his decision to invade Iraq. That decision can't be pushed on to anyone else.

Yeah, well that's laughably ignorant, Mac because the Commander in Chief still needs the approval of Congress to go to war. Bush got that approval. That decision is owned by anyone who voted for it...be they Republican, Democrat or Independent and that includes Hillary Clinton!
Who makes the final call?

Is it, or is it not, the Commander in Chief?

There certainly wasn't much reason to vote Republican with an economy in collapse and dead American soldiers all over the Middle East.

And who controlled congress for the 2 years preceding the collapse? Yes lying filth Democrats that's who. And who spewed nothing but economic doom and gloom for those two years hoping to drive the economy into the ditch so they could win the 2008 presidential election? Yes lying filth Democrats that's who. There's your daily dose of butt hurt libs.
You're certainly giving the Democrats a ton of credit, thinking that they alone could drag the largest economy on the planet into the most complex and broad financial meltdown since the Great Depression.

And we had one Commander In Chief. It was his decision to invade Iraq. That decision can't be pushed on to anyone else.

Yeah, well that's laughably ignorant, Mac because the Commander in Chief still needs the approval of Congress to go to war. Bush got that approval. That decision is owned by anyone who voted for it...be they Republican, Democrat or Independent and that includes Hillary Clinton!

If the Congress doesn't vote to approve going to war, Mac...the President can "call" anything he wants...it's not happening!

Will Republicans ever admit the mess they left President Obama?

Dunno. Will you ever admit Obama's solution to W's mess was W's economic policies?

As opposed to military where Obama's solution to W's middle east policy was W's middle east policy ...

I'd suggest you look into FDR's battle with Congress over our entering WWII. He wanted in...Congress wanted nothing to do with another war. It wasn't until Pearl Harbor that Roosevelt got the approval he sought.

If the Congress doesn't vote to approve going to war, Mac...the President can "call" anything he wants...it's not happening!
If the Congress votes to go to war, but the President changes his mind and decides it's not a good move, does he still have to do it?

Nope. The President issues the order.

Will lefties ever stop whining? Truman left Eisenhower the mess in Korea that we are still dealing with not to mention a decimated demoralized Military and a failed economy. LBJ left Nixon the freaking Vietnam war. Carter left Reagan gas lines and a freaking misery index. Republicans didn't whine about it. They fixed it.
reagan fixed the nam war????HE FN PROLONGED IT he and the pos Kissinger

Reagan prolonged the Vietnam War? Really, Eddie? That may be the dumbest statement since this one...

Sorry misswrote Meant NIXON prolonged the nam war

As someone who had a draft lottery number of 18, Eddie...I will always have a little love for Richard Nixon because he ended the Vietnam War. There's very little else I liked about Tricky Dick but say what you will about him...he ended that war. Johnson surely didn't. Neither did Kennedy.

very true oldstyle ,,,but in my history reading days it said nixon with kissingers help lost as many as lbj did ,maybe more and it could have ended sooner........if you were there my thanks to you ,,,and everyone involved in another bs war

This is what really kills 'em...

FT_16.01.06_presApproval_year5to8.png

"job approval ratings?" That just may be the most useless political chart I've ever seen ...

I'd suggest you look into FDR's battle with Congress over our entering WWII. He wanted in...Congress wanted nothing to do with another war. It wasn't until Pearl Harbor that Roosevelt got the approval he sought.
you mean the congress in those days didn't see germany taking over countries one by one ,,countries we had treaties with??

If the Congress votes to go to war, but the President changes his mind and decides it's not a good move, does he still have to do it?

That's two totally different things, Mac! The President can't declare war without Congress voting him the authority to do so. It is what it is! Those Democrats who voted to give George W. Bush the authority to invade Iraq are just as responsible for the invasion that followed as any Republican who did. Anyone claiming otherwise is simply being partisan and laughably so!

you mean the congress in those days didn't see germany taking over countries one by one ,,countries we had treaties with??

Oh, Eddie...let me guess...you didn't study history either?

That's two totally different things, Mac! The President can't declare war without Congress voting him the authority to do so. It is what it is! Those Democrats who voted to give George W. Bush the authority to invade Iraq are just as responsible for the invasion that followed as any Republican who did. Anyone claiming otherwise is simply being partisan and laughably so!
I've not denied that both parties voted for the war. I disagreed with all who did. Party affiliation irrelevant.

I've just pointed out a fact: One person makes the final decision, and that's the Commander in Chief.

The buck stops there.

I studied history in college...European history to be exact. Do you really want me to start rambling on about how the US came to enter WWII?

Exactly, both parties are 100% responsible for their own actions

does the vast majority of repubs voting authority,,more so than dems mean anything ? Like both were guilty BUT repubs more guilty??

I've not denied that both parties voted for the war. I disagreed with all who did. Party affiliation irrelevant.

I've just pointed out a fact: One person makes the final decision, and that's the Commander in Chief.

The buck stops there.

If Congress doesn't vote for war, Mac...the buck stops THERE! It doesn't matter WHAT the President does!

I studied history in college...European history to be exact. Do you really want me to start rambling on about how the US came to enter WWII?

It started with Woodrow Wilson in Paris in 1920 ...

The buck stops there.

If Congress doesn't vote for war, Mac...the buck stops THERE! It doesn't matter WHAT the President does!
I can't get you to just focus on what I'm actually saying and admit that one person makes the final decision.

No reason to continue here.

does the vast majority of repubs voting authority,,more so than dems mean anything ? Like both were guilty BUT repubs more guilty??

you would have an argument if you held the Dems who voted for it to the same standard as the Reps who voted for it. That would involve really esoteric things, you know, like not voting for them for President ...

no wasn't a history major

no wasn't a history major

Yeah, kind of guessed that, Eddie! :eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back