Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

Marriage equality was on the ballot in my state in the 2012 election.

The people of my state voted and voted in a good majority for marriage equality.

So the people of Washington state spoke loud and proud, gay marriage will forever be legal in Washington. It wasn't done by a court or a state legislature. It was done by the vote of the people.

California voters voted against it. What happened there?

It was a different time

It would pass overwhelmingly in California today

Black democrats killed it in California......

Actually blacks were pretty low on the demographic scale on the outcome of Prop 8...

Blacks were 7% of the voting population and voted 58% in support of Prop 8.

Other demographics that had a greater impact were:

Conservative - 36% of the voting population voting 82% in support of the measure
Republican - 34% of the voting population voting 81% in support of the measure
Weekly Religious Services - 45% of the voting population voting 70% of the measure
Age 65+ - 23% of the voting population voting 67% in support of the measure
Latino/Hispanic - 14% of the voting population voting 59% in support of the measure​

It would be more accurate to say that Conservatives, Republicans, Religious Folks, older folks, and Latino/Hispanics had more impact on passing Prop 8 than did Blacks.

http://www.thetaskforce.org/static_html/downloads/reports/reports/pi_prop8_1_6_09.pdf

>>>>
But that wouldn't sound so COOL to them.

If they refuse to serve a gay person, you don't think the word will get out?

They don't want to lose business is why. They want to be cowardly about their discrimination because they know they can't survive on bigots business alone.

I doubt that will happen. The worst that will happen is that gay people will avoid the business. How many business owners give a damn about 2% of the population not patronizing their business?

Then what are they so afraid of that they would not advertise that they refuse to serve that 2%? Know what other group makes up 2% of the population?

3717755282_69fee1c9a4.jpg

I've already explained that, but morons have to have everything explained to them at least a dozen times before they get it.

You're just a mass of contradictions. You say that businesses should not have to say up front that they won't serve gays because they will be "targeted", but that if they don't serve gays and word gets out its no big deal because gays are only 2%. Which is it? Are you afraid of the gays or aren't you?

You're too stupid to bother arguing with.
We already know you are too frightened of us.

[
Welcome to reality. We "Leftists" are original thinkers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

not 'informed' by 'pundits'.

Give me your original thoughts on my post.

Is that the talking point from KOS today?

Here is a thought that is not original, people have the right to engage in commerce with whom they please, for whatever reason they please, as long as the transaction is free of coercion, or fraud.

You seek to use coercion, the threat of violence, to force people to engage in business against their religious views. This violates the 1st Amendment and the 13th, but as an enemy of civil rights, you persist.

Pense took a step to protect the civil rights of people - this angers you of the left, who seek to utterly crush civil liberty.
Only in what I'll call 'the mind' of a Conservative does eroding right amount to protecting rights. Only in that Conservative 'mind' does crushing civil liberties amount to expanding them.

How does discrimination equal a civil liberty?

The racists in the Jim Crow south made the exact same arguments. You're in company with your Conservative predecessors.

You have no right to be served by any business. No one does. The business owner has the right to associate with whomever he wishes, or to not associate with whomever he wishes. That's called "freedom of association." Somehow you feel that compelling him to associate with people he has no desire to associate with increases rights. It takes a special kind of stupid to swallow that idea.
So...why be a coward about putting a "I don't serve.........." in a prominent place at your business entrance?

You know why, you stupid slut. That's like putting a target on your business so sleazy operators like you can attack it.

In other words, you want them to be able to keep their dirty little secrets and humiliate unknowing patrons publically. Sweet.

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".
See how many Final Fours come back to Indianapolis. Superbowl? Forget it Mike

But at least you got to score points with your gay hating base

Republicans just can't help themselves.

Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com

Why are you so dishonest?

I support a business' right to serve whom they want, I don't hate gays. And this bill doesnt support hating gays either.

Hating gays is its sole reason for being
If not, why wasn't it introduced ten years ago?

No, its reason for being is to protect the rights of businesses. And it wasnt introduced 10 years ago, for the same reason no law is introduced until it is needed, because duh it wasn't needed. Ten years ago there weren't gays who were actively looking for businesses that they could coerce into serving them. Today there are.

And , I already know you are going to deny that there are such gays out there, so let me save you the trouble and just inform you now that I will have no part of a conversation with a person who makes such claims. If you want to discuss the issue, fine. If you want to pretend gays haven't forced this to the front, find someone else to scream at.

How do you coerce a business into not serving you?

Like blacks coercing at a lunch counter?
It's the fault of those wanting to be treated like every other customer.

The bush boy said the following:

Assclown, granted that you have an IQ less than 40, but what the fuck do random hating points from the Soros hate sites have to do with the Indiana law protecting the 1st Amendment?

You have no awareness at all of what is going on around you, do you?
How about now? Feeling smarter?

You need to be answering the question why as a conservative you support the oppressive intrusive Big Nanny Government in Missouri giving citations to Blacks for "manner of walking"....WTF is that Bro....

Tyrant, you define stupid. :thup:
Following Indiana's enactment of a law that will ensure the right to discriminate against LGBT Americans and other marginalized groups, #BoycottIndiana started trending on Twitter Thursday and hit the #1 spot (behind a promoted link) Friday.
Screen_Shot_2015-03-27_at_9.20.12_AM.png
WOW! You mean there are enough homos in this country to vote a tag to number one? The mountains are going to crumble now!
It must really terrify you now.

This is certainly your MO....trying to convince yourself how smart you are by accusing others of being unintelligent. Is it working? Do you feel smarter?

When one puts on the assclown, one advertises to all that they are stupid as a dog turd.

What other purpose is there in the assclown avie?

Now shortbus, you are an assclown and stupid as they come; but logically speaking, your stupidity has noting to do with my intellect. There is no tie between the two,
Priceless.....right there. :D

Good. Will make sure I never buy from Indiana, which is desperately trying to one up Putin.

Whereas I WILL start trying to buy products from companies in Indiana and would consider it more highly as a potential travel destination.
Meh. Indiana will take an economic hit, as international firms pull out and as events move out of the state. A few red state visitors or buyers won't change that.
That's what the retards said about Chick fil A too....
No one should ever get between a RWr and their junk food.

First, I'm not leftist. Second, you are wrong about me stating that they need to use due process for establishing laws. You apparently have a reading disability.

"nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.. " means That the states may with due process take your life, liberty, and property. Learn to read nimrod. FYI: An example of the use of that clause is the right of states to take your property for the common good, such as to build a public road.

You claimed that due process was fulfilled by the creation of statutes - it is not. If you or other lefties want to force bakers to labor against their will, the equal protection clause holds that you must take them to court on a case by case basis in order to deprive them of their civil liberties.
No, liar, I did not claim "that due process was fulfilled by the creation of statutes." You are clearly a moron. Again, I'm the opposite of left.

Good. Will make sure I never buy from Indiana, which is desperately trying to one up Putin.

Whereas I WILL start trying to buy products from companies in Indiana and would consider it more highly as a potential travel destination.
Meh. Indiana will take an economic hit, as international firms pull out and as events move out of the state. A few red state visitors or buyers won't change that.

I agree. It is my understanding that the majority of the businesses there are pro LGBT there because they are after talent. Indiana has a brain drain already due to the quality of life issue. The best and brightest don't really dream of going to say.......Indiana.
oh well, they don't like it they can move. simple
To be fair. I don't know why anyone would want to live in a state that hates them. I already live in a pro-LGBT state, so people are welcome to move here, as long as they leave their anti-LGBT attitudes at the door.

oh for crying out loud. It doesn't say a STATE hates them. they are the ones pushing hate on the REST OF US if people don't ALL BOW down to them

so whatever
Lol. Good luck with 'no gays' signs, and trying to distinguish LGBT people from 'straight', as most LGBT people are straight acting.

Wonder how many straight people will be barred because they fail the store 'gay test', or aren't wearing the right t-shirt.

There won't be any "No Gay" signs, stop being hysterical and full of hyperbole
Because people like you like to keep your bigotry on the down low. So much for principles.

[

Times, and people, evolve.

The Tea Party is devolving not evolving...they want to take the US back to Jim Crow times...

Actually, that isn't possible....jim crow is a violation of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and the principals stated in the Declaration of Independence....all things the Tea Party supports and tries to protect....it is the democrats, and their hate of any limits on their power that are the problem....they started jim crow, after they lost a war to keep blacks as slaves...after Republicans.....the earliest form of Tea Partier.....fought them to free those slaves.....

Then why do you want to be able to violate the 14th Amendment to our constitution?

[
Following Indiana's enactment of a law that will ensure the right to discriminate against LGBT Americans and other marginalized groups, #BoycottIndiana started trending on Twitter Thursday and hit the #1 spot (behind a promoted link) Friday.
Screen_Shot_2015-03-27_at_9.20.12_AM.png

Really, twitter?

I guess the state should just pack up and go under...

:rofl:

You're dumb as a dog turd, Tyrant.

Why would anyone go to Indiana anyway?
Fly over, Drive thru. That's it.

I would like to point out that PA laws and whether they cover homosexuals or not doesn't matter.

Homosexuals didn't go to court to gain the right to marry using public accommodation laws. They used the constitution.

Which the constitution says that everyone must be treated equal under the law.

Indiana created a law that discriminates and doesn't treat people equal under the law.

So they're violating the 14th amendment. The PA laws really don't matter.

I realize you are an assclown, ergo you have an IQ<40..

Still, what provision of the 14th do you allege support of the 1st Amendment violates?

This should be rich...

This is certainly your MO....trying to convince yourself how smart you are by accusing others of being unintelligent. Is it working? Do you feel smarter?

Your MO is a constant spew of personal attacks.

Do you think that makes you look smart?
I think you should talk tough to me again. It's what you do....:D

Forum List

Back