Will Smith assaults Chris Rock at Oscars

I didn’t think the GI Jane joke was out of line

GI Jane was a bad ass, I think it was more of a complement

Sorry but there was no “defending” going on there. There was a joke (that Smith himself was laughing at). And there was an assault. Which took place moments later, prompted by something she said or did. In short Smith just continued to uphold his well earned reputation of being a pussy. First he lets other guys drill out his wife. Then he can’t even stand up for himself, and tell her to “simmer down, it’s a fucking joke”. After all he thought it was funny too. Instead he lets her goad him into an act of violence. The guy is a total bottom rung beta in the truest sense of the word.
Maybe a person isn't supposed to stand up for themselves first.

J-Jesus
O-Other People
Y-yourself

Seeing the offended look on Jada's face alone may have been all that Will needed to do what he chose to do. The only question is how does Jada feel about the way that Will decided to respond?

God bless you and them and their family always!!!

Holly

It is not that that everyone hates Chris. It is just that everybody in Hollywood nowadays are scumbags.
There are some pretty decent people in Hollywood....but nobody ever hires them anymore.
Denzil Washington jr only gets work because he's still good looking and black.
If he was white....his politics would have gotten him black-balled years ago.

I wouldn't have pressed charges ... Joke goes wrong, take the hit and move on.

However ... If Will walked back to his seat and started cussing and threatening me ...
His wife's name would have been the next thing I said, followed by ... "Try that shit again, because the first one was free."
It would have ended up being a bigger mess.

I have more respect for Chris than Will after everything.

Naw.....I've seen Chris Rock's movies......he's a jerk.

FO6AqLBX0AUJJzl.jpg

Maybe a person isn't supposed to stand up for themselves first.

J-Jesus
O-Other People
Y-yourself

Seeing the offended look on Jada's face alone may have been all that Will needed to do what he chose to do. The only question is how does Jada feel about the way that Will decided to respond?

God bless you and them and their family always!!!

Holly
Probably lost more respect for him, if that’s possible. He’ll make a god damn fool of himself, cause she lets him know she’s offended by a haircut joke. And he does nothing about her getting reamed out on the regular, by random guys that aren’t him. She’s practically laughing, if not spitting in his face.

Can't say I blame him. Perhaps Chris will think twice before slamming a spouse again.

Can't say I blame him. Perhaps Chris will think twice before slamming a spouse again.
You NAZI!

How dare you control what a man says about another man wife!!

When you respond this response from me was because one individual in this thread called me a Nazi ( not you… Well not yet ), so I had to do it… Well I didn’t have to but I wanted to!

Forum List

Back