Will the Electoral College screw up another election?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Last edited:
The Electoral College is a curse on American democracy! It must be terminated, which I'll never see in my lifetime - but it must be terminated. Presidential elections should be based on PEOPLE - not ACREAGE.

What do you think?
Nope. Not unless you can put something in its place that works better at distributing the power equally twixt rural and city. The country cannot really survive without that mechanism.
Not that there don't need to be some changes, for sure. Committed electors should have no..zero..latitude on who they vote for. The vote should be a rubber stamp--nothing more.
Devoid of politicking...like that's going to happen~

The Electoral College is a curse on American democracy! It must be terminated, which I'll never see in my lifetime - but it must be terminated. Presidential elections should be based on PEOPLE - not ACREAGE.

What do you think?

It's time to abolish the Electoral College

5 Reasons to Abolish the Electoral College

Outgrowing the Electoral College

Why We Should Abolish the Electoral College

1725502984706.png

What do you think?

I think blue states should lead the way and get rid of the winner takes all electoral rules.
Divide up the districts into separate electoral districts.

What do you think?

Good Lord. This again. smh Democrats would rather change the rules than field a good candidate who actually has policies to talk about. Do you even understand why the electoral college is so important?

than field a good candidate who actually has policies to talk about.
Remind me again (or for the first time) what was the trump POLICY that lowered gas prices in April 2020?

Remind me again (or for the first time) what was the trump POLICY that lowered gas prices in April 2020?
Gas was under $3 for most if not all of Trump’s term. Trump made us energy independent. Gas has been above $3 for all of Kamala/Biden’s term. FACT.

Gas was under $3 for most if not all of Trump’s term. Trump made us energy independent. Gas has been above $3 for all of Kamala/Biden’s term. FACT.
We were energy independent because of COVID.
We were still producing OIL, yet using way less of it.
Therefore the US produced more oil than it used under trumps failed COVID response.

You need to do some proper research, and learn about 'Energy Independence' rather than just spewing Right Wing Talking points.

The Electoral College is a dinosaur!

“It wasn’t like the Founders said, ‘Hey, what a great idea! This is the preferred way to select the chief executive, period,’” says Edwards. “They were tired, impatient, frustrated. They cobbled together this plan because they couldn’t agree on anything else.”

The Electoral College is a curse on American democracy!

It is a curse on democrats only. It prevents mob rule.
It prevents 2-3 states from determining the outcome of every election.
It gives a voice to every state and to all of us.

Only a communist would want to get rid of it. Don't hold your breath.
☝️ Look at the commie.

What do you think?

Yes, the EC and the FPTP system are awful.

People come up with reasons why Proportional Representation shouldn't be implemented, but almost always these reasons are based on ignorance.

This is how a conversation goes. I say, actually in Germany where they have a Land (state) with 21% of the population of Germany, it doesn't mess up the country, rural and urban areas both get their say. Then the reply coming back is "we're not Germany, blah, blah, blah"

People don't want to have the conversation, they don't want to talk about things they don't understand, they don't want to learn about things they don't understand. They like knowing barely enough to understand how the election functions and they don't want change.

This suits the rich people who benefit from this.

What do you think?

No.

The electoral college is genius. Best idea we’ve had.

The better idea would be to strengthen the electoral college to include the popular vote.

Meaning that you have to get the 270 in the electoral college BUT you also have to win the plurality--not majority--of the popular vote. If you don’t get both, the House figures out who is the President. Meaning that of all the people who ran in the election, you have the will of the people embodied in the President elect either through their direct vote or through their elected representatives in the House.

Forum List

Back