Will Trump's Indictment in Georgia cost us the state in 2024? I’m concerned

The nonsense he's about to regale his followers with hasn't passed the smell test in any court in two and a half years. Only a sucker believes there's more snake oil to buy coming right up.
In the mean while... something that's more than "what could be construed as evidence" is in the indictment. I'll post the link if you need it but here is a good summary:

This is how the conspiracy played out according to the indictment:

Rudy Giuliani, Jenna Ellis and Sidney Powell made false statements at a press conference in Nov 2020 with wild accusations of fraud.
Trump, Mark Meadows, and John McEntee draft a memo for their plan to disrupt and delay counting electoral votes from 6 states on J6. Pence was to refuse to count those states and return the issue to the state legislatures who would the adopt the alternate slate of Trump electors, citing "fraud."
Rudy, Jenna, John Eastman and Atlanta lawyer Ray Smith solicited 14 GA Senators to sign off on their fake electors based on voter fraud.
Rudy and Trump made separate phone calls to the President of the GA Senate claiming voter fraud.
Trump calls Gov Brian Kemp to pressure him to call a Special Session. Kemp refused.
Trump then tweets that Kemp and Lt. Gov Duncan are ignoring fraud and refusing to call a Special Session. This begins a pattern where Trump would lie, GA officials would say he is wrong, then Trump would tweet to his millions of followers that they are being traitors and the public should pressure them to go along with the scheme. This happens over and over.
Powell hires a firm to illegally breach voting machines to collect data to try to show votes were "flipped."
Eastman and GA lawyer Robert Cheeley plan to set up meetings in 6 states where alternate slates of electors would be selected and would sign false certificates for Trump.
Cheeley sends an email to a GA Senator saying Eastman told him a Special Session must be called immediately where the GA legislature would approve the alternate electors on the grounds of fraud.
A "Patriot Call to Action" is tweeted calling on people to pressure GA officials to call a Special Session.
Trump has campaign official Bill White get personal and contact info on the GA Senate President and Majority Leader. White sends the info to Rudy.
Trump then calls the Speaker of the House to demand a Special Session.
Trump then calls the GA AG asking him to investigate false claims of fraud and to join the lawsuit filed by other state AGs in Texas.
Trump and Eastman call Ronna McDaniel to ask her to help them recruit people to serve as fake electors.
Trump attorney Kenneth Chesebro writes a memo to Trump campaign attorney outlining how the fake elector scheme would work.
Documents were then sent out to the state GOP Chairs for the 6 contested states for the fake electors to sign.
Rudy then testifies to the GA House the following fabricated things: Video showed election workers stealing votes, Ruby Freeman was using USB ports to flip votes, 96,000 fraudulent mail-in ballots were counted. This was all made up.
Rudy calls WI GOP official to tell him to keep the fake elector scheme secret.
Chesebro sends email to Rudy with multiple different plans to disrupt or delay counting the electoral votes on J6.
Rudy sends email telling everyone in each state to keep the fake elector meetings secret.
Trump tweets out, "Demand this clown call a special session now!" referring to Kemp.
Fake electors in 6 states meet and sign the false certificates under oath that they were "the duly elected and qualified electors" for their states.
Illinois pastor Stephen Lee is recruited to drive to Ruby Freeman's house in an attempt to coerce her into falsely confessing to fraud.
When Freeman refused to speak to Lee, he asked Harrison Floyd with Black Voices for Trump to help him. He said he thought Freeman wouldn't speak to him because he was white.
Rudy and Powell meet with Trump at the WH to discuss strategy, which included seizing voting machines and appointing Powell as Special Counsel to investigate fraud.
Powell hires a firm to hack and copy voting data from Dominion machines.
Meadows flies to GA and attempts to observe an audit of signature-verification ballots by investigators. He is denied entry because it isn't a public meeting.
Trump then calls the Chief Investigator, tells him that he won, and pressures him to find fraud: "When the right answer comes out, you'll be praised."
Eastman then sends email to Chesbro saying that the best plan was to get Pence (or Grassley if Pence was absent for some reason) to "act boldly and be challenged," because that would cause a delay that could throw things back to state legislatures.
Meadows then offers to pay the Chief Investigator out of Trump campaign funds if he will speed up the audit.
Trump then asks AG Jeffrey Rosen and Dep. AG Richard Donoghue to "just say the election was corrupt, and leave the rest to me and GOP congressmen." They refuse.
Jeff Clark writes up a document falsely claiming that DOJ "identified significant concerns that may have impacted the outcome" of the election. Clark then asks Rosen and Donoghue to sign it so he can send it to Kemp. They refuse.
Trump then tweets that Kemp should resign.
A hearing is then held before the GA Senate, where three Trump witnesses gave the following false testimony:
Rudy testified falsely that the same ballots were counted 5 times, 2,560 felons voted, and 10,315 dead people voted.
Ray Smith testified falsely that the Sect of State admitted 8,000 people voted illegally and claimed the Sec of State said the election was only 90% accurate.
Cheeley testified falsely that election workers counted some ballots over and over again.
Jenna then wrote a memo to Trump that Pence should not open the envelopes with the votes from the 6 states because they were "in dispute."
Trump and Eastman then file an injunction against Kemp citing multiple false claims of fraud. Earlier that day, Eastman had sent a memo to Trump campaign attorneys that he knew that some of the allegations of fraud in the lawsuit were false.
Trump and Meadows then call Brad Raffensperger on the recorded call. Trump makes 12 different false statements in that call.
Trump then tweets out that Raffensperger won't listen to him. "He has no clue!"
Lee, Harrison Floyd, and Kanye West publicist Trevian Kutti all make 11 different phone calls to Ruby Freeman. She won't talk to them.
Kutti then flies to GA from Chicago and drives to Freeman's house. She told the neighbor she was a "crisis manager" and was there to help her.
Kutti finally meets with Freeman for an hour and offers her "protection and help" if she will confess to fraud. She asks her to sign a statement that she committed fraud. She refuses.
Trump then tweets, "The VP has the power to reject fraudulently chosen electors."
Eastman then meets with Pence Chief of Staff Marc Short to get Pence to reject electors.
Trump then meets with Pence. Pence refuses to go along with it. Trump told him he was naïve and lacked courage.
Trump later calls Pence and tried again.
Trump then calls Pence another time and tells him "you got to be tough tomorrow."
Trump then puts out a statement falsely claiming that Pence agreed with him that he has the power to reject electors.
Then the indictment details what happened on J6.
The indictment then lays out the scheme orchestrated by Sidney Powell where they hacked voting machines in Coffee County, took ballots, took confidential voter info, data and software illegally.
The bottom line is that the proof in this case is overwhelming. The fact that this trial is going to be public and televised will be extremely valuable. The American public can see and hear and all facts, and don't have to rely on media filters. The evidence in this case is devastating for Trump and his co-conspirators. I fully expect many of them to cut deals to testify against Trump, where even more incriminating evidence will come to light.

You gots like the Word " disrupt " in any of that sheer manufactured
Pap.See how this sort of bilge manages to float like poop and
no one the wiser.
Basically the same crap used to Impeach Trump with a phone
call.The Lie he engaged in a Quid Pro Quo while talking
and congratulating Zelensky about his new presidency.
Now we find out it was Biden { Literally } who had a Quid Pro Quo
dealing with Ukraine and the firing of a Prosecutor investigating
Burisma Holding.

Even if Trump gets his Georgia case moved to federal court, there will be a federal judge and different jury - but Fani Willis will still be trying the case and Georgia state pardon laws will still apply - meaning Trump could not be pardoned until after serving his full sentence and then waiting five more years on good behavior before requesting a pardon. So, I'm no longer worried about Trump or any of the other 18 getting transferred to federal court.

Name just one.
I'll play along.
in 2012 Meloweese Richardson was caught bragging how
she voted Twice for Obama.So someone made a big deal
about.She was investigated and found to have voted more
than once a few times.She got 5 years.
Is this the old "name me one and then I do then you say but that's only one" game again? Ok here is one.

No it doesn't. It makes me a conservative.

There are many possible meanings of "conservative" and the most common historical one was to believe in limiting the federal government to only what was explicitly authorized by the constitution.

But around 1890, the wealth elite took over the Republican party, and conservative has meant a strict government that favors large corporations and the wealthy.
Things like being anti-union, anti-civil rights, etc.

So hard to tell since you have said so little.
But a "CONSERVATIVE" would never allow elections to be dictated by local and corrupt prosecutors and media.
A conservative would value the Rule of Law above all else, and the rule of law says you do not try to bias elections with bogus prosecutions.
And I say BOGUS because the classified doc laws are obvious.
Presidents are totally and explicitly exempt, can give them to anyone they want, including to themselves, in perpetuity.
That is simply a fact.
So then the actual criminal is Jack Smith.
So then if you were a "conservative", you would not only know that, but be forced to Trump's defense because the charges are lies and violate the rule of law.

The nonsense he's about to regale his followers with hasn't passed the smell test in any court in two and a half years. Only a sucker believes there's more snake oil to buy coming right up.
In the mean while... something that's more than "what could be construed as evidence" is in the indictment. I'll post the link if you need it but here is a good summary:

This is how the conspiracy played out according to the indictment:

Rudy Giuliani, Jenna Ellis and Sidney Powell made false statements at a press conference in Nov 2020 with wild accusations of fraud.

Wrong.
There clearly is SOME proof of voter fraud.
The only reason the courts cut off the charges of fraud is that now its too late.
No court ever ruled there was no evidence of voter fraud.
That has always been some proof of voter fraud.

I personally do not believe a large enough conspiracy to have changed the results of the election, would not have left more obvious evidence.
But Trump COULD be right, and it is his right to try to convince others he was defrauded.
So the indictments in Georgia are ridiculous and clearly illegal.

Wrong.
There clearly is SOME proof of voter fraud.
The only reason the courts cut off the charges of fraud is that now its too late.
No court ever ruled there was no evidence of voter fraud.
That has always been some proof of voter fraud.

I personally do not believe a large enough conspiracy to have changed the results of the election, would not have left more obvious evidence.
But Trump COULD be right, and it is his right to try to convince others he was defrauded.
So the indictments in Georgia are ridiculous and clearly illegal.
Basically a political witchhunt in a vain attempt to knock Trump off the ballot and force the RNC to stick us with some limpdick RINO "moderate" who does nothing BUT lose elections.

There are many possible meanings of "conservative" and the most common historical one was to believe in limiting the federal government to only what was explicitly authorized by the constitution.

But around 1890, the wealth elite took over the Republican party, and conservative has meant a strict government that favors large corporations and the wealthy.
Things like being anti-union, anti-civil rights, etc.

So hard to tell since you have said so little.
But a "CONSERVATIVE" would never allow elections to be dictated by local and corrupt prosecutors and media.
A conservative would value the Rule of Law above all else, and the rule of law says you do not try to bias elections with bogus prosecutions.
And I say BOGUS because the classified doc laws are obvious.
Presidents are totally and explicitly exempt, can give them to anyone they want, including to themselves, in perpetuity.
That is simply a fact.
So then the actual criminal is Jack Smith.
So then if you were a "conservative", you would not only know that, but be forced to Trump's defense because the charges are lies and violate the rule of law.
Howz about a widdle Irony.
" A conservative is a man with two perfectly
good legs who,however,has never learned to walk
forward. " --
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Pardon me moi.I was under the distinct impression that the
word "
forward " was an Obama favorite word.

As a conservative Republican, I am deeply concerned about Trump's indictment in Georgia. This is a major blow to our party and a threat to our chances of winning elections in the future.

Trump's repeated lies about the 2020 election have alienated many voters, and his indictment will only further damage his reputation. This makes it more difficult for us to win over independents and moderate Republicans who are looking for a candidate who they can trust to uphold the rule of law and respect the results of elections.

And let’s not forget the fact that he pressured the governor to cheat and make him the winner in Georgia.

We need to move on from Trump and focus on finding a candidate who can unite our party and win elections in 2024. Trump's behavior is a liability to our party, and we cannot afford to have him on the ballot.

I urge all Republicans to join me in rejecting Trump and his behavior. We need to unite our party and focus on finding a candidate who can win elections in 2024. We cannot afford to have Trump on the ballot.
The GOP, other than the two Dem senators in DC, will do well in GA next year.

You held Trump accountable in court.

You acted responsibly in Willis' investigation to the indictment.

You are good Americans.

It is gone but there’s a new election in 2024. And we could lose that one too because of Trump.
In response to a question of who you would vote for, Biden or Trump in 2024, you then answered “Trump.” You say you are a Conservative and I have no reason whatever to doubt you.

I found it interesting that you were abused for pages by the real Trumpster fanatics who piled on insulting you, gave you their little girl middle fingers, called you an imposter, a NWO shill, etc. — just for suggesting they look for a different Republican candidate for the 2024 race.

I don’t know you but I respect that you stuck to your guns, almost alone at first. Only in the last few pages has a single Conservative Republican who supports Trump as the Republican candidate treated you with any respect at all.

I don’t quite understand how you can still consider voting for Trump, knowing that the people who support him are the type who attacked you so viciously here. Trump and his “Big Lies” have emboldened this type and will continue to do so if — heaven forbid — he is re-elected. Most of them are now lost to traditional Republican values and would follow their crazy leader anywhere — even to destroy “rule of law,” liberal democracy and our Republic itself.

I guess I’m just saying I urge you to consider taking a “Never Trump” Republican stance. You will, I think, be more effective that way with all these … “knuckle-draggers.”

In response to a question of who you would vote for, Biden or Trump in 2024, you then answered “Trump.” You say you are a Conservative and I have no reason whatever to doubt you.

I found it interesting that you were abused for pages by the real Trumpster fanatics who piled on insulting you, gave you their little girl middle fingers, called you an imposter, a NWO shill, etc. — just for suggesting they look for a different Republican candidate for the 2024 race.

I don’t know you but I respect that you stuck to your guns, almost alone at first. Only in the last few pages has a single Conservative Republican who supports Trump as the Republican candidate treated you with any respect at all.

I don’t quite understand how you can still consider voting for Trump, knowing that the people who support him are the type who attacked you so viciously here. Trump and his “Big Lies” have emboldened this type and will continue to do so if — heaven forbid — he is re-elected. Most of them are now lost to traditional Republican values and would follow their crazy leader anywhere — even to destroy “rule of law,” liberal democracy and our Republic itself.

I guess I’m just saying I urge you to consider taking a “Never Trump” Republican stance. You will, I think, be more effective that way with all these … “knuckle-draggers.”

It wasn't about him simply looking for a different candidate. He's trying to troll us for being Trump supporters. You got it backwards as he was the one attacking us, not the other way around.

I will consider it since Trump is such a criminal. thanks!

Passssttttttt……CFG is not a conservative. It never was and never will be.

Brian Kemp, the Georgia Governor speaking against Trump today, in the past accused his democrat opponent of trying to steal the election from Kemp! Kemp in 2018 accused the Democrats of what Trump is accusing the Democrats of. Kemp was telling the truth in 2018 but in 2020 Trump is making it up?

"After learning of a failed attempt to hack the state's online voter registration and My Voter Page, my office contacted the Department of Homeland Security and opened an investigation," Kemp said in a brief posting on his campaign's Facebook page.

The accusation emerged on Sunday amid reports that Georgia's election system, which Kemp oversees as secretary of state, is open to glaring vulnerabilities.

Kemp provided few details about his accusation, other than to say, "We have asked the FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation to investigate" the possible crimes.

I'm glad it was a failed attempt to hack the voter rolls.

As a conservative Republican, I am deeply concerned about Trump's indictment in Georgia. This is a major blow to our party and a threat to our chances of winning elections in the future.

Trump's repeated lies about the 2020 election have alienated many voters, and his indictment will only further damage his reputation. This makes it more difficult for us to win over independents and moderate Republicans who are looking for a candidate who they can trust to uphold the rule of law and respect the results of elections.

And let’s not forget the fact that he pressured the governor to cheat and make him the winner in Georgia.

We need to move on from Trump and focus on finding a candidate who can unite our party and win elections in 2024. Trump's behavior is a liability to our party, and we cannot afford to have him on the ballot.

I urge all Republicans to join me in rejecting Trump and his behavior. We need to unite our party and focus on finding a candidate who can win elections in 2024. We cannot afford to have Trump on the ballot.
Trump might win California after all these charges

Forum List

Back