Will White Privilege End Affirmative Action?

Um. No. I was Republican before it was crazy.

Let's review, shall we. Republicans today in the Cult of the Orange Blob hate John McCain, a war hero that they said should be president a mere 14 years ago. They hate Mitt Romney, a guy they said should have been president 10 years ago. They hate the Bush family. They even hate the guy that was Trump's Vice President for four years. This isn't a political movement, this is a cult.

Ronald Reagan wouldn't be welcome in today's Republican Party. He put merit ahead of ideology on his SCOTUS picks, he gave amnesty to 3 million undocumented aliens, raised taxes after it was clear Supply Side didn't do what they said it would do. So instead, republicans create a "mythical" Reagan of sound bites. Understandable, he's the only Republican since Ike who wasn't impeached, forced to resign, voted out of office or left the country in an economic mess.

Wow, you really are a retard, aren't you?

You can't lock up 2 million people and then claim you respect "Freedom". Usually, when a Republican talks about "liberty", he means the ability of those with privilege to abuse those without.
WRONG!! What John McCain did was assist Obama pass a Health Insurance Bill that favoured no-body but the Insurers. he did that after giving his word that he would not. Thus he lost cred and frankly I don't give a toss about him (remember I'm no yank) especially after he FAILED against Obama. OK; Lehmann Bros sunk his tilt at the Presidency but that was no reason to go Troppo on Trump. When Trump could have done with a steady hand in McCain all he got was a self-serving snit!!!

Reagan did a good job; not always perfect but recall that the debt at the time was very small compared to today and the economy did need Business(especially small) being stimulated after years of Carter.

Greg

Actually, bullshit. Our middle class neighborhoods were built because the Government under FDR took the side of the working class and supported unions.
Yes! They worked and we needed unions back then. WE DONT NEED UNIONS TODAY.. I grew up in urban middle class. Majority of Americans won’t work for unions they support communist ideas. It’s corrupt. It leaves Americans to get stuck in low wage jobs with hatians and Latinos that HATE AMERICANS, because the trade jobs are so hard to get in to because of barriers. That they turn to drugs.
Um, okay, not sure what your point is, here Corky. we have a population of 330 Million and about 20,000 homicides a year. Statistically, a small town is unlikely to see a homicide when your chance of being a victim of homicide is 1 in 16,500. Big cities have more homicides because they have higher concentrations of people.
Our large cities are police states.. and crime is still getting out of control. We lost our rights, welfare causes a break down of family which leads to crime
Really? I seem to remember when Wall Street and the Banks made horrible decisions, the government rushed to help them out.... But I guess that only applies to rich white people
Wall Street and banks play a huge role in small business. Let’s fix the welfare state, we fix families we fix debt

No, both parties have been complicit. You are completely wrong but that's the problem. Whites like you won't listen and think you can tell people who have lived the experience that you have not, what has gone on.
Ah yes; you ain't black so just cough up reparations!!

No!! You're just being a sponge!! You think YOU will get ONE CENT OF IT???? lmao

It will go to the "leaders"; ie, if anyone is stupid enough to grant it to you (Yes; Dems may well be).

Greg

Our middle class neighborhoods, as we know them today, were largely built thanks to the GI bill post WW2, merit was based on skin color.

The G.I. Bill almost single-handedly built the American middle class by addressing core social needs—unemployment, education, and health care—and, importantly, it did so through government-backed, low-interest, fixed-rate mortgages with zero or low down payments and up to 30-year terms. In effect, the G.I. Bill put homes within reach of all but the poorest American vets.

By 1952, 2.4 million veterans had received government-backed loans. A new class of postwar homeowners was born—and they looked awfully alike.

Most poverty is “bad decisions”? B.S. There is that “poverty is a moral failing” judgement.
It helped and it helped destroy, so we need a balance. GI bill required you TO WORK. You even had to serve in a military or when you get out you had to pick up trash on the side of the road. I’m good with welfare Queens getting dryed out of bed making them pick up trash.. deal?

I don’t know where you live I’m assuming the suburbs?

It helped and it helped destroy, so we need a balance. GI bill required you TO WORK. You even had to serve in a military or when you get out you had to pick up trash on the side of the road. I’m good with welfare Queens getting dryed out of bed making them pick up trash.. deal?

I don’t know where you live I’m assuming the suburbs?
No, not the suburbs, rural.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
WRONG!! What John McCain did was assist Obama pass a Health Insurance Bill that favoured no-body but the Insurers. he did that after giving his word that he would not. Thus he lost cred and frankly I don't give a toss about him (remember I'm no yank) especially after he FAILED against Obama. OK; Lehmann Bros sunk his tilt at the Presidency but that was no reason to go Troppo on Trump. When Trump could have done with a steady hand in McCain all he got was a self-serving snit!!!
Actually, McCain voted against the ACA. All the Republicans did. The reason why it ended up being a pro-insurance policy is because Joe Liberjew (D-Israel) fought against a public option or a Medicare Buy in for people over 55, which would have solved a lot of the problems. When Ted Kennedy died, they were stuck with the Senate version instead of the House version that included these things.

Reagan did a good job; not always perfect but recall that the debt at the time was very small compared to today and the economy did need Business(especially small) being stimulated after years of Carter.
The national debt was less than a trillion when Reagan took office. It increased to 3 trillion by the time he left. He tripled the national debt in 8 years.

Reagan ran up unemployment to 11.3% to fight inflation. The Reagan years were not the great years everyone wants to remember.

Um. No. I was Republican before it was crazy.

Let's review, shall we. Republicans today in the Cult of the Orange Blob hate John McCain, a war hero that they said should be president a mere 14 years ago. They hate Mitt Romney, a guy they said should have been president 10 years ago. They hate the Bush family. They even hate the guy that was Trump's Vice President for four years. This isn't a political movement, this is a cult.

Ronald Reagan wouldn't be welcome in today's Republican Party. He put merit ahead of ideology on his SCOTUS picks, he gave amnesty to 3 million undocumented aliens, raised taxes after it was clear Supply Side didn't do what they said it would do. So instead, republicans create a "mythical" Reagan of sound bites. Understandable, he's the only Republican since Ike who wasn't impeached, forced to resign, voted out of office or left the country in an economic mess.

Wow, you really are a retard, aren't you?

You can't lock up 2 million people and then claim you respect "Freedom". Usually, when a Republican talks about "liberty", he means the ability of those with privilege to abuse those without.
Mitt Romney and John McCain are not Republicans they let Democrats walk all over them call them racist didn’t fight back. And lost.
finally a real Republican steps up and doesn’t tolerate being trashed on. And what do John McCain and Mitt Romney do to the guy attack him for having back bone. They all sided with Democrats. I hope John McCain is rotten in fucking hell.
The only reason why Ronald Reagan gave amnesty was to end illegal immigration.. that’s a fact.

Yes! They worked and we needed unions back then. WE DONT NEED UNIONS TODAY.. I grew up in urban middle class. Majority of Americans won’t work for unions they support communist ideas. It’s corrupt. It leaves Americans to get stuck in low wage jobs with hatians and Latinos that HATE AMERICANS, because the trade jobs are so hard to get in to because of barriers. That they turn to drugs.

We need unions today for the same reason that we always need them. Because the investor class is too fucking greedy.

Our large cities are police states.. and crime is still getting out of control. We lost our rights, welfare causes a break down of family which leads to crime

Our large cities are where people actually live. Hello, Corky.

Wall Street and banks play a huge role in small business. Let’s fix the welfare state, we fix families we fix debt

Okay. Here's how we fix debt. We stop spending on a bloated military industrial complex and we make the rich pay their fair share.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Actually, McCain voted against the ACA. All the Republicans did. The reason why it ended up being a pro-insurance policy is because Joe Liberjew (D-Israel) fought against a public option or a Medicare Buy in for people over 55, which would have solved a lot of the problems. When Ted Kennedy died, they were stuck with the Senate version instead of the House version that included these things.

The national debt was less than a trillion when Reagan took office. It increased to 3 trillion by the time he left. He tripled the national debt in 8 years.

Reagan ran up unemployment to 11.3% to fight inflation. The Reagan years were not the great years everyone wants to remember.
You mean he rectified the Carter malfeasance?? Check!!!

Greg

Mitt Romney and John McCain are not Republicans they let Democrats walk all over them call them racist didn’t fight back. And lost.

Except no one called McCain a racist. Romney, on the other hand, didn't get called racist enough. The guy is a Mormon, a member of a racist cult that didn't even let black people join until 1978 and calls dark skin a curse from God.

The problem McCain had was that Bush had fucked up the economy so bad, he really had nothing to say. Romney lost because he was an out of touch rich guy.

Trump didn't win, exactly. He just got lucky that too many stupid people voted third party because Hillary wasn't likable, and because we use a racist electoral college system that gives more weight to places white people live.

finally a real Republican steps up and doesn’t tolerate being trashed on. And what do John McCain and Mitt Romney do to the guy attack him for having back bone. They all sided with Democrats. I hope John McCain is rotten in fucking hell.

First, it's "rotting in hell", not "rotten in hell". Seriously, you seem to lack basic English Comprehension skills.

Secondly, Trump isn't a "real Republican". Trump just realized that the Republican base cares more about its racism than any ideological points.

The only reason why Ronald Reagan gave amnesty was to end illegal immigration.. that’s a fact.

Bullshit. What Reagan did probably made the situation worse. First, giving amensty to the last batch made the next batch think they'd get it too. Secondly, his policy shifted the burden of proving citizenship to the employer, which is pretty much like asking the foxes to guard the henhouse.

"Many will remember McCain as the incidental savior of the Affordable Care Act. His late-night thumbs-down vote halted his party’s most promising effort to overturn a major Democratic achievement — the signature achievement, in fact, of the Democrat who beat him to become president. It was a vote that earned him regular — and biting — admonishments from President Donald Trump........

In his 2018 memoirs, “The Restless Wave,” McCain said even Obama called to express gratitude for McCain’s vote against the Republican repeal bill.

“I was thanked for my vote by Democratic friends more profusely than I should have been for helping save Obamacare,” McCain wrote. “That had not been my goal.”

Not his goal but it is what he did!!!

Greg

No, not the suburbs, rural.
Yea there is a lot you don’t know about the middle class areas. I’ve seen the transition from the 70’s until now. We can get in to it later. Gotta go to work

We need unions today for the same reason that we always need them. Because the investor class is too fucking greedy.
And unions are greedy, and it hurts the poor .. Poor people use small contractors to get out of poverty up until the 1960s

Except no one called McCain a racist. Romney, on the other hand, didn't get called racist enough. The guy is a Mormon, a member of a racist cult that didn't even let black people join until 1978 and calls dark skin a curse from God.

The problem McCain had was that Bush had fucked up the economy so bad, he really had nothing to say. Romney lost because he was an out of touch rich guy.

Trump didn't win, exactly. He just got lucky that too many stupid people voted third party because Hillary wasn't likable, and because we use a racist electoral college system that gives more weight to places white people live.

First, it's "rotting in hell", not "rotten in hell". Seriously, you seem to lack basic English Comprehension skills.

Secondly, Trump isn't a "real Republican". Trump just realized that the Republican base cares more about its racism than any ideological points.

Bullshit. What Reagan did probably made the situation worse. First, giving amensty to the last batch made the next batch think they'd get it too. Secondly, his policy shifted the burden of proving citizenship to the employer, which is pretty much like asking the foxes to guard the henhouse.

Wrong again.. will you ever be right?

ohhhh joe real salty about the zionists today

nice

Ah yes; you ain't black so just cough up reparations!!

No!! You're just being a sponge!! You think YOU will get ONE CENT OF IT???? lmao

It will go to the "leaders"; ie, if anyone is stupid enough to grant it to you (Yes; Dems may well be).

Greg
More white off topic bullshit.

Forum List

Back