Wisconsin Collective Bargaining Law is Working

60 years ago parents more of an active part in their kids education.

All these conservatives who think they're genius economists and experts on capitalism, markets, supply and demand, etc.,

and yet they somehow believe that paying teachers less will produce better teachers.

Unfathomable.

All these liberals who think they're genius economists and experts on capitalism, markets, supply and demand, etc.,

and yet they somehow believe that the increase in teachers pay has produced better teachers.

Unfathomable.

Should we pay military personnel less money so we can get better soldiers?

My house is paid for so what's it to you?

Yes, I get a survivor benefit from her pension just like she does mine. What's your point?

I asked you a question a simple question, to gauge the cost of living in the area you work in, thats why.

that survivor benefit, pretty good huh?your contribution to that was....? Zero.

see my point?

please remark on this goose, thx.

you do realize the value in that defined free of market forces pension plan is waaay bigger than the 28k cash face value, right?

Yes but I'm unsure how much it is, perhaps 25%? But she does pay a hefty sum into her retirement benefits.

whoooa what?

she; your wife as a teacher for the state contributed 25% of her pay per paycheck to her defined pension plan?

Tell me that one more time please, you must have mistyped.

whats her retirement per year %?? 2% 2.5, 3?

60 years ago parents more of an active part in their kids education.

All these conservatives who think they're genius economists and experts on capitalism, markets, supply and demand, etc.,

and yet they somehow believe that paying teachers less will produce better teachers.

Unfathomable.

THERRRRRREE she BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

You believe that paying teachers less will result in better teachers.

Where has that EVER happened????

Unfathomable.

All these liberals who think they're genius economists and experts on capitalism, markets, supply and demand, etc.,

and yet they somehow believe that the increase in teachers pay has produced better teachers.

Unfathomable.

Should we pay military personnel less money so we can get better soldiers?

We already do. The front line are the lowest payed of all. Nice try though better luck next time

"She works in a poor area?" SO she's effectively making more than the parents of those children she teaches? Is that what you're implying? Perhaps you're suggesting she's overpaid?

Son, you don't know whether you're shot, fucked, powder-burned or snakebit

Where the fuck do you think you are? Vietnam? Do you want to plagerize the whole movie now?

She's being paid what the market will bear for a person with a Masters.. A small town teacher that is largely rural and agriculture.

Points for actually recognizing the quote but penalized for not realizing how apropos it is for your fucktardery.

1. When is a public sector job based on "What the market will bear?" It's based on what the taxpayers are FORCED to pay, dumbass.

2. Just because she's in a small rural community does not change the basic point, she is possibly overpaid for the community. What is the average median income of that town? Does at least half of the residents have similar compensation packages?

You realize how fucked you are with this argument you're spinning?

No matter what the job if you want work done you have to pay for it. Maybe where you live you don't have to pay for garbage pick up, road repairs, prisoners arrested and jailed, your shit taken care of in a sewage plant, etc.

But most people want these things done and don't mind paying for it.

And we're about to find out just whch of us is right when we see what happens with the recall.

Bullshit. Plain bullshit.

She was hired to provide a service for a set salary. She fulfills her bargain and expects to be compensated as agreed. So gratitude is not exactly called for when she delivers a fair days work for a fair days wage. That way everyone wins and can hold their head up. To expect her to kiss anyone's ass (or for anyone to kiss hers) is asinine just because they both held up their end of the agreement.

I can just picture you going into the boss's office and kneeling down in gratitude just because they paid you for your labor. Around here we have a bit more pride than that.

As for "most other American Workers really would love to enjoy the benefits Teachers enjoy"? I too would like her schedule and not have to work swing shift where I have to change shifts every week, rotate days off and work in heat that makes most people forget their fear of hell. But guess what? She went to college, worked for it and can now reap the benefits of all her hard work. I'm proud of what she has accomplished. But anyone else can do what she has done instead of sitting around crying about it, right?

I don't have a problem with much of what you said except for your convenient denial of the fact your wife should be grateful to the Taxpayers who have provided her with a comfortable living. Unfortunately most Teachers have forgotten that they do work for the Taxpayers. It's not the other way around. Their arrogant Entitlement attitude is no longer acceptable. The Taxpayers should have a say in these fights. And that's why i like Governor Walker. He's standing up for the Taxpayers. It's about time they had a say in things. So i do respect your Wife just as long as she shows proper respect for the Taxpayers who help pay her Bills. However,if she has that arrogant Entitlement attitude,i cannot respect her. That's just how i feel anyway.

I don't know what "arrogant entitlement attitude" you speak of. Maybe you can site a specific example? Most people would not want her job to begin with. She certainly respects the parents she has to deal with, she respects the administration she works for and she respects the school board who makes the rules. But to crawl on her knees in gratitude for the pay she gets through an agreed upon contract is again, bullshit.

And we'll find out just how much the taxpayers "stand behind the Koch brothers, Walker and the GOP Senators" on the recall. I'm guessing that the private employed blue collar workers will stand up for the public employed blue collar workers because they know what it feels like to have someone kicking your ass for no good reason. We tend to side with our own against the establishment.

Newsflash....Generally, the average unionized public employee not only looks upon the general public with contempt, they are also most likely to feel entitled to their gold plated benefits and high wages.
For example. A few years ago when the first annual tax levy cap became law in New Jersey, Public workers and their unions complained and protested. Their number one complaint was "what about our raises?" HUH?!!!!! These people already make very good wages. Many public workers earn six figures And that does not include benefits and pensions.
So please...any public employee represented by a union that has either civil service protections or for teachers, tenure, they do in fact have a duty and an obligation to thank the taxpayers ...every day for putting out the money that funds all those goodies their unions and complicit politicians got for them.
Guess what......The gravy train has parked and is no longer in service. Benefits and pay will have to be reined in because the unions have busted the bank.
Today, in the Bergen Record( NJ) it was reported that because the State has had to slash state aid to cities and towns, the City of Asbury Park would have to raise property taxes 101% just to make their budget. Asbury park already has a very high property tax rate. So what the fuck are the politicians doing with all that money? THe city gets it's tax revenue yet still cannot make ends meet......
It's the spending. Not the revenue.
Asbury Park has 137 employees making in excess of $70,000 per year plus benefits. 50 of them make over $90,000 per year. The city has 300 non-education employees for a population of just 16,000 people.
Fort comparison's sake the town in which I live which has limited government has 50 full time employees for a population of 27,000 people. Our taxes are low, 14 cents per $100 of assessed value city tax and 84 cents county tax.....We have all the services we need. We have parks, a library, and all the other trappings of a nice suburban community.
What we don't have are huge employment rolls, public employee unions and all that other nonsense seen in the big union states.

Unfathomable.

When the teachers say "Oh crap if I don't actually do my job I'm going to get fired"

Awww.....I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But you posted how rough you had it while slamming my wife who you seem to think has it made. But the difference is that she worked for it and you didn't.

I NEVER slammed your wife, show me, please excerpt and post it....thx.

When you slam all teachers that includes my wife.

dude, that is such an outrageous ridiculous statement, its unreal. If YOU want to personalize this, hey count me out, that's YOUR gig. be civil to me....as I am civil to you.

I asked you a question a simple question, to gauge the cost of living in the area you work in, thats why.

that survivor benefit, pretty good huh?your contribution to that was....? Zero.

see my point?

please remark on this goose, thx.

Yes but I'm unsure how much it is, perhaps 25%? But she does pay a hefty sum into her retirement benefits.

whoooa what?

she; your wife as a teacher for the state contributed 25% of her pay per paycheck to her defined pension plan?

Tell me that one more time please, you must have mistyped.

whats her retirement per year %?? 2% 2.5, 3?

No. My survivor benefit is 25%. She only gets 28K for a pension plus medical that she has to pay a percentage of. You do the math.

Excuse me? "Thankful to the Taxpayers who pay her salary"???? Do you walk up to your boss and tell him (or her) "Thank You" and kiss his or her ass for paying you money that your worked for and earned?

As for "All Weekends Off,Several Weeks of Holiday Time Off,and entire Summers Off" she gets paid for days worked and her salary reflects that. Her 9 month salary is spread out over 12 months. Period.

cute. Your point is she's getting a raw deal from the State of IL and your local Municipality? Easy solution. Quit and get a job in the private sector that pays better, or leave the state or work for a charter school that she can get a better contract with.

life sucks so hard for her. :rolleyes:

Nope, you missed the point entirely (why am I not surprised?). I never once complained (and neither does she) about her pay. Yes she could make more in the private scetor (and has turned down a better paying job) but she's happy teaching kids. But while you guys slam her for being lazy and overpaid I will of course take you to task for it.

I'm not slamming your wife. Only your argument.

She's being paid a compensation package agreed upon by the municipality. They have the right to do what they want and make as dumb a deal as they want. If they feel that her teaching skills warrant an 82k a year job (Pay plus benefits) far be it for me to stop them.

But for you to come in here and whine by proxy about how underpaid teachers are, when your personal experience is much different? You destroy your entire argument. I'm sure I'd have no problem living in the TC on $1000 a week plus awesome benefits.

Yep. Y'all got it rough.

I NEVER slammed your wife, show me, please excerpt and post it....thx.

dude, that is such an outrageous ridiculous statement, its unreal. If YOU want to personalize this, hey count me out, that's YOUR gig. be civil to me....as I am civil to you.

Let's say you were a taxi driver and I said all taxi drivers stink and are sex fiends. Are you saying you wouldn't be offended?

"There are other people in Wisconsin he has to care about."

Obviously his cronies and political supporters if the link is to be believed.

Damn that 'crony' taxpaying majority he's striving to help!

Go back, click on the link and learn something.

Read the link....

CRAAAAAAPOLLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Leftwing claptrap bullshit 'opinion' misconstrued as 'fact' and completely irrelevant to your minute by minute pwnage.

cute. Your point is she's getting a raw deal from the State of IL and your local Municipality? Easy solution. Quit and get a job in the private sector that pays better, or leave the state or work for a charter school that she can get a better contract with.

Nope, you missed the point entirely (why am I not surprised?). I never once complained (and neither does she) about her pay. Yes she could make more in the private scetor (and has turned down a better paying job) but she's happy teaching kids. But while you guys slam her for being lazy and overpaid I will of course take you to task for it.

She's being paid a compensation package agreed upon by the municipality. They have the right to do what they want and make as dumb a deal as they want. If they feel that her teaching skills warrant an 82k a year job (Pay plus benefits) far be it for me to stop them.

But for you to come in here and whine by proxy about how underpaid teachers are, when your personal experience is much different? You destroy your entire argument. I'm sure I'd have no problem living in the TC on $1000 a week plus awesome benefits.

Yep. Y'all got it rough.

Well said

Unfathomable.

Talk about misconstruing your entire argument. They are getting a far better deal than damn near the entire public sector and you're claiming they're unfairly having their pay cut!

Moving the goalposts isn't enough anymore, you gotta change stadiums and sports?

Yep. Y'all got it rough.

Never did I say she was underpaid. I pointed out she could make more elsewhere when you guys keep saying she's overpaid. I'm not saying she's over or underpaid. She's under contract and both she and the district are happy with the arrangement. So what's you guys' beef?

Let's say you were a taxi driver and I said all taxi drivers stink and are sex fiends. Are you saying you wouldn't be offended?

Wow... not a strawman or a red herring.

A straw herring.

Stick a fork in it Da goose is done. Move on to next topic.

Talk about misconstruing your entire argument. They are getting a far better deal than damn near the entire public sector and you're claiming they're unfairly having their pay cut!

Moving the goalposts isn't enough anymore, you gotta change stadiums and sports?

I make more money and get better benefits than my wife and all I have is a HS diploma and work a blue collar job.

Stick a fork in it Da goose is done. Move on to next topic.

Oh no, I can fight ignorance for a long, long time.

Forum List

Back