Wisconsin's anti-democracy voter I.D. law to stand

I don't have a problem with requiring official ID to vote. Seems like common sense or in voting places near either of the borders what's to stop foreigners from voting? Maybe it's not an actual problem (as seems the case,) but we have lots of laws designed to prevent so things don't become problems. Why should this be any different?

Excellent, finally some common sense response....I agree; however, my problem stems from the timing of such an effort.....Begin this process with local elections.....initiate an all-out effort (door-to-door, if need be) to register people with hand-carried cameras, get invalids and infirm folks registered, open up polls way in advance of an election (early voting,) designate a small state tax right-off for participation, have polls open on weekends, etc.

Such may be the way to get ELIGIBLE voters more involved, rather than passing a law that will have many voters, show up and be DENIED a ballot.

Maybe he went to go get that free ID. Libs like free shit other people pay for.

You know, SOME people have work to do....(LOL) but as I already told this "charming" Obiwan.........for a state like WI who bitched and moaned under Walker about the state being broke, to spend $6 Millions on this PHOTO ID may......just may, have ulterior motives.

I thought it was because Republicans only want real people to vote, instead of all your imaginary friends and the walking dead.....

Gee since Obama won by almost 7 million popular voters. that's a LOT of dead and imaginary zombies........Were monitors at polling stations drugged into a stupor?

I thought it was because Republicans only want real people to vote, instead of all your imaginary friends and the walking dead.....

Gee since Obama won by almost 7 million popular voters. that's a LOT of dead and imaginary zombies........Were monitors at polling stations drugged into a stupor?
Probably primarily in strong Democrat areas like Obama's hometown of Chicago. They're famous for voter fraud.

and while many other posters may disagree with me , the VOTING rights act of 1965 is simply a government granted or given permission to vote , its a favor that government handed out . Its a 'civil rights' law and is not a law written in stone like the Bill of Rights 2nd Amendment Paint and NAT . voting rights law can be amended at any time as voting rights are not inalienable / or unalienable [forget which it is] like the Bill of RIGHTS guarantees . If anyone can correct me , please correct me !!

THAT title sounds like it came right from a brainwashed tool for the Democrat/union party

what is it with these Dishonest titles?

so , what do you think NAT , doesn't look like you are changing any minds or hearts !! :biggrin:

Didn't really expect to......this forum is largely a den of right wingers, some worst than others in their bigoted and moribund efforts to uphold white supremacy......All I try to do is hold up a mirror.....

well , Black Panters showed up at some polling station armed with clubs and dressed as police as they did intimidation to voters that were cowardly NAT !!

so , what do you think NAT , doesn't look like you are changing any minds or hearts !! :biggrin:

Didn't really expect to......this forum is largely a den of right wingers, some worst than others in their bigoted and moribund efforts to uphold white supremacy......All I try to do is hold up a mirror.....
And see an idiot and racist?

Good to have you here NAT , you are a good example of a liberal progressive dem Old Hippie . I'm glad that you are here , you are a good example of the rot of America for everyone to see !!

Tell you what, right wingers, let Boehner and McConnell introduce a law to have ALL ....I repeat ALL, Americans have a photo ID......not just drivers but ALL........lets see how that would fly.

and while many other posters may disagree with me , the VOTING rights act of 1965 is simply a government granted or given permission to vote , its a favor that government handed out . Its a 'civil rights' law and is not a law written in stone like the Bill of Rights 2nd Amendment Paint and NAT . voting rights law can be amended at any time as voting rights are not inalienable / or unalienable [forget which it is] like the Bill of RIGHTS guarantees . If anyone can correct me , please correct me !!

and while many other posters may disagree with me , the VOTING rights act of 1965 is simply a government granted or given permission to vote , its a favor that government handed out . Its a 'civil rights' law and is
not a law written in stone like the Bill of Rights 2nd Amendment Paint and NAT . voting rights law can be amended at any time as voting rights are not inalienable / or unalienable [forget which it is] like the Bill of RIGHTS guarantees . If anyone can correct me , please correct me !!

Actually, the Supreme Court has overturned parts of it.

Good to have you here NAT , you are a good example of a liberal progressive dem Old Hippie . I'm glad that you are here , you are a good example of the rot of America !!

Of course you know what the opposite of "progressive" is, right?

Ironically, the president's expressed admiration for mandatory voting carries with it just this sort of ID requirement. Otherwise, how do you know who to prosecute for not voting?

Once again, the Supreme Court has shown that it NO longer is an arbiter of the Constitutionality of state inspired laws, but yet another biased and partisan segment of our government.

The decision is a setback for civil rights groups that contend the law could disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of residents who lack proper ID — particularly racial minorities, seniors, students and people with disabilities. Governor Walker has not been able to show virtually any voters' fraud and.....I am sure....under his pimps, the Koch brothers direction, has pushed this ridiculous and anti-democratic ban on voters. This to ensure his backers that WI will go for him in 2016.

What republicans cannot win at the polling boots, they'll try to win through the biased SC.

Ummm. Hate to point out the obvious, Walker is a Republican and has won a couple elections in the state in spite of Democrats from all over the country trying to make sure he was defeated.

I know several seniors, students, people with disabilities and poor that have ID cards or DL.

I think you are just whining to whine.

I also how you threw in "Koch" another Dem talking point.

Tell you what, right wingers, let Boehner and McConnell introduce a law to have ALL ....I repeat ALL, Americans have a photo ID......not just drivers but ALL........lets see how that would fly.
Why doesn't Obama make that law, like he did all those others? After all, he's the Dictator in Chief . Is he afraid he will piss off all the imaginary and dead people?

Forum List

Back