Without education, what kind of jobs will be available to young Americans?

Our twin daughters attend private school.....They are so far above their friends who attend public school, it's scary....I sometimes listen to 'em when they are interacting with their friends. With most of their friends, every other word is "like". Listening to my daughters, it's akin' to listening to the two adults in the room. They already have the top prep schools in the area showing serious interest in them.

Tell me, does the private school you send them to individualize their education?
They teach them the basics. They prepare them for the next step, which is prep. It's academically oriented. They don't shove politics or religion down their throats. They teach them history as it actually happened, not the loony liberal revisionist crap being taught in public schools.....They have a high standard set for the students. If the student isn't giving 100%, they won't be there long.....The teachers are also held to a high standard. They don't perform, they don't show overall success by their students achievements, they are gone, period.

This sounds like they make it up, like they do in Texas. Do they teach Creationism?

Republicans believe that Education should only be for the Wealthy.

tipoftheday0ff.jpg

Tell me, does the private school you send them to individualize their education?
They teach them the basics. They prepare them for the next step, which is prep. It's academically oriented. They don't shove politics or religion down their throats. They teach them history as it actually happened, not the loony liberal revisionist crap being taught in public schools.....They have a high standard set for the students. If the student isn't giving 100%, they won't be there long.....The teachers are also held to a high standard. They don't perform, they don't show overall success by their students achievements, they are gone, period.

This sounds like they make it up, like they do in Texas. Do they teach Creationism?
How does "They teach them history as it actually happened" sound like "They make it up"?

Are you really that stupid?

Republicans believe that Education should only be for the Wealthy.

Why do you lie so easily?

I'd love everyone to be educated. But they need to choose it. They have to find the desire to learn the truth and apply it in our lives.

Meanwhile we are lectured by lefties like you about how our children need to be educated and at the same time how there is no truth. Contradict much?

They teach all theories relative to that particular issue. The students are bright enough to make their own conclusions.

Some in this country are fighting education.

No, some of us are fighting against federal government meddling in education. Big frickin' difference.

Why should the Federal government have any say in how our children are educated? Like some bueaucrat in Washington has some better idea how to teach our children then we do? Why the heck should they take our money only to hand it back to us with strings and conditions they don't have a right to ask for?

You want to see our educational system have incredible innovation? Get the Feds out of it.

How does "They teach them history as it actually happened" sound like "They make it up"?

Typical liberal.......They see anything as a threat to their loony idoctrination desires, and you get stupid shit like what he posted.

They teach all theories relative to that particular issue. The students are bright enough to make their own conclusions.

Creationism isn't science, if they bring it up during philosophy or something then that makes sense. But to bring it up during a science lecture is inviting idiocy.

Make it up? Hardly. They just restored what has already been taken out.

But then some politicians don't like the idea of African Americans being mentioned in history unless it's as slaves or the civil rights movements. Thankfully, there are some who want a fuller picture of history in the text books.

And why is it so offensive to learn that some people believe God created the world?

Brilliant. Shows how well you know me. Have fun in that little blinded world.

As I suspected. You have no desire for intellectual discussion. That or you realized you are defeated. Those are the only reason why someone says something like "Shows how well you know me" and ends the discussion there.

As for my blindfolded world. That is rich. You have no idea what a blindfolded world is or how it relates to my world.

Mike

Just because the ignorance of your position allows you to claim a win doesn't mean you've won anything.
You have responded with nothing meaningful yet and come out with the "Your conceding because I said you did."

I'll try again, not that you are willing to listen.

You are not creating a leader, you are creating a follower. Show me evidence to the contrary that your method is better or I'm just going to move on. I've given you mine.

Also, you know absolutely nothing about who I am and what I've done. I suggest you back off your position of singling me out as someone who does nothing for society. You have no idea.

Funny. You don't like being called a monster either? I figured you critiquing me meant you liked it.

That's funny. That I'm not creating a leader. That's not what my child's teachers would tell you. Nor is it what his friends or daycare would tell you. In fact, they would ALL tell you that my son is a leader.

And I'm familiar with the studies. I'm familiar with the positions. Look, I get it. You don't believe it is possible to force a child to do things and encourage him to explore. Funny, is that what they tought you in the military? I doubt that. I doubt that very seriously. I force him to do the things he doesn't like doing and allow him to do the things he does like. I give him leadership opportunities all of the time but he is a child. He is supposed to follow, or did you forget that sometimes following leads to leadership?

Great men are not born, they are not educated and they are not "raised". They are forged. My son is just that. He has come home, hands up in the air throwing up papers in frustration when it was time to memorize a speech for class. He has told me "I can't do this". We've stayed up till 11:00 (he normally goes to bed by 8:00, unless he has practice) memorizing speeches and doing things like learning a new move in soccer. "I can't, or I don't want to" are forbidden in my house. Failure is only a learning opportunity. You won't find my method in a text book or in a study, I'm sure. My evidence? Why don't you look at the Chinese or Koreans? Notice how they are kicking our ass in scholatics? Notice how they are creating leaders? My view on parenting is not that of a wesern philosophy. At least not any more. I've told my son that his decisions are stupid. I've told him he needed to be embarassed, that he has disgraced himself. I believe that my son is strong enough to handle them. I do not believe that I am raising a flower or some delicate being that is not capable of dealing with failure. The consequences of failure in my house are substantial. The results of success are equally extreme. He has confidence that doesn't come from me, it doesn't come from his teachers or his friends. At 8 years old, he has confidence because he has succeeded. He has failed at endeavors. He has succeeded when he did not believe he could. "Trying your hardest" is not rewarded because the real world does not reward effort, it rewrds results. The bar is high in my house. A "B" is not cause for celebration in my house, it is cause for more studying.

Of course I'm a monster. Of course I am. My son will succeed where others fail. Encourage creativity, celebrate success and reward failure with another opportunity to succeed. We've forgotten that because we have changed the definition of success. We no longer view success as the end result, we view success as the ammount of effort. I reject that notion and I reject your ideology. You are free to reject mine. Maybe I am failing my son. I suppose that is a possibility. I doubt it though.

Mike

Last edited:

Creationism isn't science, if they bring it up during philosophy or something then that makes sense. But to bring it up during a science lecture is inviting idiocy.
You're saying science should NEVER be challenged during a science lecture or discussion?

Both sides can't be presented, for the students to learn from, and make up their own minds?

Interesting.

Ya' see, that's exactly why the students in their school are so far above their peers. they can hear all sides of an issue, and make informed judgements. And that is one of the main problems with public school educated students these days. They are taught that things are one way, and one way only.

Last edited:

Typical liberal.......They see anything as a threat to their loony idoctrination desires, and you get stupid shit like what he posted.
They realize that liberalism can't survive the free exchange of ideas.

As I suspected. You have no desire for intellectual discussion. That or you realized you are defeated. Those are the only reason why someone says something like "Shows how well you know me" and ends the discussion there.

As for my blindfolded world. That is rich. You have no idea what a blindfolded world is or how it relates to my world.

Mike

Just because the ignorance of your position allows you to claim a win doesn't mean you've won anything.
You have responded with nothing meaningful yet and come out with the "Your conceding because I said you did."

You are not creating a leader, you are creating a follower. Show me evidence to the contrary that your method is better or I'm just going to move on. I've given you mine.

Also, you know absolutely nothing about who I am and what I've done. I suggest you back off your position of singling me out as someone who does nothing for society. You have no idea.

Funny. You don't like being called a monster either? I figured you critiquing me meant you liked it.

That's funny. That I'm not creating a leader. That's not what my child's teachers would tell you. Nor is it what his friends or daycare would tell you. In fact, they would ALL tell you that my son is a leader.

And I'm familiar with the studies. I'm familiar with the positions. Look, I get it. You don't believe it is possible to force a child to do things and encourage him to explore. Funny, is that what they tought you in the military? I doubt that. I doubt that very seriously. I force him to do the things he doesn't like doing and allow him to do the things he does like. I give him leadership opportunities all of the time but he is a child. He is supposed to follow, or did you forget that sometimes following leads to leadership?

Great men are not born, they are not educated and they are not "raised". They are forged. My son is just that. He has come home, hands up in the air throwing up papers in frustration when it was time to memorize a speech for class. He has told me "I can't do this". We've stayed up till 11:00 (he normally goes to bed by 8:00, unless he has practice) memorizing speeches and doing things like learning a new move in soccer. "I can't, or I don't want to" are forbidden in my house. Failure is only a learning opportunity. You won't find my method in a text book or in a study because I'm sure. My evidence? Why don't you look at the Chinese or Koreans? Notice how they are kicking our ass in scholatics? Notice how they are creating leaders? My view on parenting is not that of a wesern philosophy. At least not any more. I've told my son that his decisions are stupid. I've told him he needed to be embarassed, that he has disgraced himself. I believe that my son is strong enough to handle them. I do not believe that I am raising a flower or some delicate being that is not capable of dealing with failure. The consequences of failure in my house are substantial. The results of success are equally extreme. He has confidence that doesn't come from me, it doesn't come from his teachers or his friends. At 8 years old, he has confidence because he has succeeded. He has failed at endeavors. He has succeeded when he did not believe he could. "Trying your hardest" is not rewarded because the real world does not reward effort, it rewrds results. The bar is high in my house. A "B" is not cause for celebration in my house, it is cause for more studying.

Of course I'm a monster. Of course I am. My son will succeed where others fail. Encourage creativity, celebrate success and reward failure with another opportunity to succeed. We've forgotten that because we have changed the definition of success. We no longer view success as the end result, we view success as the ammount of effort. I reject that notion and I reject your ideology. You are free to reject mine. Maybe I am failing my son. I suppose that is a possibility. I doubt it though.

Mike
HEY, HEY HEY!.....Stop being the parent. That's the governments and schools job!

How dare you hold your child responsible and accountable, DAMMIT!:evil:

:cool:

Great men are not born, they are not educated and they are not "raised". They are forged. My son is just that. He has come home, hands up in the air throwing up papers in frustration when it was time to memorize a speech for class. He has told me "I can't do this". We've stayed up till 11:00 (he normally goes to bed by 8:00, unless he has practice) memorizing speeches and doing things like learning a new move in soccer. "I can't, or I don't want to" are forbidden in my house. Failure is only a learning opportunity. You won't find my method in a text book or in a study because I'm sure. My evidence? Why don't you look at the Chinese or Koreans? Notice how they are kicking our ass in scholatics? Notice how they are creating leaders? My view on parenting is not that of a wesern philosophy. At least not any more. I've told my son that his decisions are stupid. I've told him he needed to be embarassed, that he has disgraced himself. I believe that my son is strong enough to handle them. I do not believe that I am raising a flower or some delicate being that is not capable of dealing with failure. The consequences of failure in my house are substantial. The results of success are equally extreme. He has confidence that doesn't come from me, it doesn't come from his teachers or his friends. At 8 years old, he has confidence because he has succeeded. He has failed at endeavors. He has succeeded when he did not believe he could. "Trying your hardest" is not rewarded because the real world does not reward effort, it rewrds results. The bar is high in my house. A "B" is not cause for celebration in my house, it is cause for more studying.

Mike
HEY, HEY HEY!.....Stop being the parent. That's the governments and schools job!

I know. Its terrible. Try telling my son he can't do something. He will only work harder to prove you wrong. Tell him he is stupid. Its funny. He works harder to prove you wrong. Tell him he's smart. He'll tell you you don't need to tell him that. He's eight and he will outwork you. That's the philosophy. He understands at eight that he is brilliant. He also understands that the world is full of brilliant people who do average things (I consider myself among them tbh... I'm working on changing my situation, I've learned that from him) and he doesn't want to be that person. I expose him to my weaknesses intentionally. I show him where my mistakes are and what my shortcomings are. He's working at the same time I am. He does his homework right next to me as I do mine. Funny thing. This child ,who is clearly not a leader, sat down at the dinner table with me a year ago and asked me "daddy, you're smart, you tell me to work hard in school... why don't you. " I was stunned. I tried to explain that I'm an autodidact and his response (at seven) was "Daddy, I know you're smart, but you need to stop making excuses." This is my child. He gets it. My explanations of why I haven't done things are just that. I'm not judged according to what I think I am capable of but what I have accomplished. Clearly I am beating him down right? I'm making a follower. I'm not creating a leader in any way.

Its funny that way. He is respectful, kind, caring, resourseful, determined, creative and self critical. Oh, and he's 8. His future is much brighter than mine, I'm sure of it. And that should be every parents goal.

Mike

Last edited:

Mike

I know. Its terrible. Try telling my son he can't do something. He will only work harder to prove you wrong. Tell him he is stupid. Its funny. He works harder to prove you wrong. Tell him he's smart. He'll tell you you don't need to tell him that. He's eight and he will outwork you. That's the philosophy. He understands at eight that he is brilliant. He also understands that the world is full of brilliant people who do average things (I consider myself among them tbh... I'm working on changing my situation, I've learned that from him) and he doesn't want to be that person. I expose him to my weaknesses intentionally. I show him where my mistakes are and what my shortcomings are. He's working at the same time I am. He does his homework right next to me as I do mine. Funny thing. This child ,who is clearly not a leader, sat down at the dinner table with me a year ago and asked me "daddy, you're smart, you tell me to work hard in school... why don't you. " I was stunned. I tried to explain that I'm an autodidact and his response (at seven) was "Daddy, I know you're smart, but you need to stop making excuses." This is my child. He gets it. My explanations of why I haven't done things are just that. I'm not judged according to what I think I am capable of but what I have accomplished. Clearly I am beating him down right? I'm making a follower. I'm not creating a leader in any way.

Its funny that way. He is respectful, kind, caring, resourseful, determined, creative and self critical. Oh, and he's 8. His future is much brighter than mine, I'm sure of it. And that should be every parents goal.

Mike
Absolutely!

Our daughters are the same way. They are going places in life for a reason. It's because we've instilled in them that half ass is not acceptable in anything they do. If you're going to do it, do it right. Don't commit to anything you don't intend on seeing through. When ya' make mistakes, don't whine about them, learn from them, and carry on.

You're saying science should NEVER be challenged during a science lecture or discussion?

Both sides can't be presented, for the students to learn from, and make up their own minds?

Interesting.

Ya' see, that's exactly why the students in their school are so far above their peers. they can hear all sides of an issue, and make informed judgements. And that is one of the main problems with public school educated students these days. They are taught that things are one way, and one way only.

Science should be challenged by science. Not superstition.

Interesting.

Science should be challenged by science. Not superstition.
^^And here is the prime example of why kids are so fucked up these days^^

You say you tutor?........Stay away from the kids, please......You're doing them no justice.

Forum List

Back