Woke churches don't follow the bible on homosexual relations.

Why?

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law and the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill (comply with) them. For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:17-20

To understand what Jesus meant by saying "least", see Genesis 3:14

Thats why

You misunderstand the translation. Jesus fulfilled the Law yes, but it means He fulfilled the requirements and suffered the penalty in our stead. Hence...

22. The Perfect Sacrifice: The Sacrifice that Perfects (Hebrews 10:1-18)​

Definition of fulfill
meet the requirements or expectations of

"They pay no heed to the real hidden meaning of things, but divert themselves instead with all kinds of iniquitous, arcane lore. They do not know the hidden meaning of what is actually taking place, nor have they ever understood the lessons of the past. Consequently, they have no knowledge of what is coming upon them and have done nothing to save their souls from the deeper implications of present events."

Ahh, secret knowledge I see.

Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɣnostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems which coalesced in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects.[1] These various groups emphasised personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of religious institutions. Viewing material existence as flawed or evil, Gnostic cosmogony generally presents a distinction between a supreme, hidden God and a malevolent lesser divinity (sometimes associated with the Yahweh of the Old Testament)[2] who is responsible for creating the material universe.[3] Gnostics considered the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the supreme divinity in the form of mystical or esoteric insight. Many Gnostic texts deal not in concepts of sin and repentance, but with illusion and enlightenment.[3]

You misunderstand the translation. Jesus fulfilled the Law yes, but it means He fulfilled the requirements and suffered the penalty in our stead. Hence...

22. The Perfect Sacrifice: The Sacrifice that Perfects (Hebrews 10:1-18)​

Definition of fulfill
meet the requirements or expectations of
Nonsense. Your own words only prove that you are unethical and your beliefs, morally reprehensible that you would accept the false premise that an innocent human being should suffer and die for your sins that you alone are responsible for, you pusillanimous self indulgent ass.

I'm sure that Jesus is very impressed by your love for him.

I am.

Nonsense. Your own words only prove that you are unethical and your beliefs, morally reprehensible that you would accept the false premise that an innocent human being should suffer and die for your sins that you alone are responsible for.

I am.

So the scripture I quoted is wrong?

Nonsense. Your own words only prove that you are unethical and your beliefs, morally reprehensible that you would accept the false premise that an innocent human being should suffer and die for your sins that you alone are responsible for, you pusillanimous self indulgent ass.

I am.

God said it, not me.

Hebrews 10:14-24

New International Version

14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”[a]
17 Then he adds:
“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”[b]
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

So the scripture I quoted is wrong?

Paul is writing about subjects that were above his grasp. The Body of Christ is not about an edible perfect human sacrifice. It is about the Body of the teaching of Jesus that he received from God like manna from heaven that became his flesh, a new metaphor for divine instruction. Complying with the literal letter of the law is the shadow of good things to come, the good being the teaching of Jesus that the words used in the law are figurative and the subjects hidden revealing the wisdom of God which is comprehensible, healing, and satisfying to even the least intelligent person. Just like the tree of life in the middle of paradise, pleasing to the eye and good to eat.

That being said the subject of ritual slaughter is not and never was about killing anything, beast or human. That specious belief, the flesh of unclean creatures, is vile and loathsome and defiles and contaminates the mind to the point of uselessness as you have so generously demonstrated.

The only thing about the law that became obsolete after Jesus was the wrong way to follow it.

If you do not stand on the law and receive its blessings you will remain under the law and its curse.

What Does the Bible Say About Man Shall Not Lay With Man?

Read this and make up your opinion!

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV / 12 helpful votes​

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Leviticus 18:22 ESV / 614 helpful votes​

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV / 520 helpful votes​

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Romans 1:26 ESV / 128 helpful votes​

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;

Romans 1:26-27 ESV / 56 helpful votes​

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Timothy 1:10 ESV / 49 helpful votes​

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Jude 1:7 ESV / 41 helpful votes​

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Genesis 19:5 ESV / 35 helpful votes​

And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.”

Leviticus 20:13-16 ESV / 25 helpful votes​

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. If a man takes a woman and her mother also, it is depravity; he and they shall be burned with fire, that there may be no depravity among you. If a man lies with an animal, he shall surely be put to death, and you shall kill the animal. If a woman approaches any animal and lies with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.
Nor should they. The Old Testament and all that was derived from it in the New Testament are irrelevant to the gospel of Jesus.

I just did a Google search with the words, "Church with Pride flag". Try it. See the images. I have seen this all over my own state.
They'd rather try to take issue with you as they have nothing to actually offer up to edify the spirit and prefer to see believers stumble if possible.

Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them.

It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret.

But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them,

They'd rather try to take issue with you as they have nothing to actually offer up to edify the spirit and prefer to see believers stumble if possible.

All of which makes me believe you follow an evil, hateful religion. You reap what you sow. Hate begets hate. Good luck with that, it's destroying your souls.

Those are some beautiful flags, I like the one with the cross on it. Jesus would be proud, if he is proud of his philosophy on life being turned into a religion at all.

All of which makes me believe you follow an evil, hateful religion. You reap what you sow. Hate begets hate. Good luck with that, it's destroying your souls.
You are the accuser bub. There is no hate in that comment just truth and God loves those who will follow and seek after the truth always. That hate you spew you do so in your own ignorance. I've already walked the halls of heaven and know beyond a doubt that God loves me very much. Heck, I am even certain that there is a portion in you that same God loves very much but you won't find in while wearing the hat of the accuser with all that hatred in your heart.

Those are some beautiful flags, I like the one with the cross on it. Jesus would be proud, if he is proud of his philosophy on life being turned into a religion at all.
Again you speak in foolish error.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

So, in 1 Corinthians it seems homosexuals are as bad as the greedy, adulterers (how ironic Mr Trump), the "sexually immoral", whatever that means, thieves, drunkards, slanderers (more irony) or swindlers.

Republicans, the party of greed, telling everyone how bad gay people are.... oh my.

"Thou shall not kill"

" they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Uh oh.... contradictions.
Raising taxes is as greedy as it can get. That's your team, pal. Being wealthy doesn't mean you're greedy.

You are the accuser bub. There is no hate in that comment just truth and God loves those who will follow and seek after the truth always. That hate you spew you do so in your own ignorance. I've already walked the halls of heaven and know beyond a doubt that God loves me very much. Heck, I am even certain that there is a portion in you that same God loves very much but you won't find in while wearing the hat of the accuser with all that hatred in your heart.
I believe what Jesus said, not the evil words of the Old Testament and those that were transfered from the Old Testament into the New Testament on the subject of homosexuality. Which, by the way, Christ chose not to address because he knew the difference between love and hate.

I believe what Jesus said, not the evil words of the Old Testament and those that were transfered from the Old Testament into the New Testament on the subject of homosexuality. Which, by the way, Christ chose not to address because he knew the difference between love and hate.
Most people know and recognize the difference between sexual infatuation and inclinations and what love is. Obviously you do not. Nor do you understand that the whole written word is inspired from the spirit of Jesus aka Jehovah's salvation with us.

Most people know and recognize the difference between sexual infatuation and inclinations and what love is. Obviously you do not. Nor do you understand that the whole written word is inspired from the spirit of Jesus aka Jehovah's salvation with us.
And you do not realize that love is not a choice ( like sin is ). It exists in one's heart or hate does. It's your choice, chose wisely.

Believe however you want and let others believe what they want. I won’t push my agenda on you and don’t push your agenda on me. Live and let live as real liberals would say.

And you do not realize that love is not a choice ( like sin is ). It exists in one's heart or hate does. It's your choice, chose wisely.
Sex is a choice but you are free to give yourself over to immoral and perverted ways if you so desire.

Forum List

Back