CDZ Woman charged with boyfriend's suicide

For people who suffer from major depression, life is hell, and I'm sure he conveyed these feelings to her. He was a tortured soul apparently, and she may have been brainwashed by him (at the age of 17, it's not too hard!) to believe she was helping him to end his misery.

Trying to get in the mind of the girl friend: I have to wonder if she thought the he was full of shit with all the suicide talk and that she beleived it to be a method he used to gain attention and to control and manipulate others. She may had thought she could call his bluff and that he would never really kill himself.

Have you read any of the transcripts? It is obvious that she felt as if she was helping him, and it is obvious that she also cared about him.
Oui.

I don't know that it's obvious, but I agree that it is possible.

For people who suffer from major depression, life is hell, and I'm sure he conveyed these feelings to her. He was a tortured soul apparently, and she may have been brainwashed by him (at the age of 17, it's not too hard!) to believe she was helping him to end his misery.
And my theory is that she thought he was bluffing.

Judge should rule soon.
This is a very important ruling on personal responsibility and individuality.
I hope she wins cause this charge is bullshit.

Trying to get in the mind of the girl friend: I have to wonder if she thought the he was full of shit with all the suicide talk and that she beleived it to be a method he used to gain attention and to control and manipulate others. She may had thought she could call his bluff and that he would never really kill himself.

Have you read any of the transcripts? It is obvious that she felt as if she was helping him, and it is obvious that she also cared about him.

If she wanted to help him then it is already a hard burden on her. Even in class long time who we concluded that the EMO gf/bf is the worst.b how do you shrug that off? I think the prosecutor wants boost his case file.

Judge should rule soon.
This is a very important ruling on personal responsibility and individuality.
I hope she wins cause this charge is bullshit.

Prosecutorial case pressure is high. Too bad retards and newbies are their targets. Low life competitions? Who wins, the muggler or the prosecutor, generally speaking?

ChrisL

Mixed emotions

I would categorize this under "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

I think manslaughter is too harsh, but I have no problem with her pulling some time - reckless endangerment :dunno:

ChrisL

Mixed emotions

I think manslaughter is too harsh, but I have no problem with her pulling some time - reckless endangerment :dunno:

I agree, she was 17, never touched him, I dont sense any desire to do him personal harm, hell she thought he would go to heaven and be happy.

ChrisL

Mixed emotions

I guess they are using her to try and set a precedent. Now we can be prosecuted and thrown in jail for our speech, if a judge finds it "disagreeable."

Shows how stupid Americans are. It is now known worldwide, that if you put a ham sandwich in front of an American jury, then they will find the ham sandwich guilty too.

Obviously, you have no idea how American justice works. For all it's problems, it's a fair process that convicts the guilty and exonerates the innocent.

Here's the thing. 98% of cases never go in front of a jury. 56% of them are plead down, usually because the police did their job and put together iron-clad cases.

Most of the rest are either dismissed or heard by judges. Nobody really wants to put his fate in the hands of 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.

ChrisL

Mixed emotions

I guess they are using her to try and set a precedent. Now we can be prosecuted and thrown in jail for our speech, if a judge finds it "disagreeable."
You could always be jailed for your speech

If you plan a bombing is that free speech? You didn't actually bomb
If you order someone to murder is that free speech? You didn't kill anyone

In this case, she participated in his death.......more so she talked him into doing it after he had backed away from suicide, she rooted for his death

Reckless behavior that led to death......manslaughter

ChrisL

Mixed emotions

My wife is a teacher

If she fails to report a suspected suicide, she can go to prison.

I look at this as action & coercion - at least just as bad as driving the getaway car in a robbery

ChrisL

Mixed emotions

My wife is a teacher

I look at this as action & coercion - at least just as bad as driving the getaway car in a robbery

Your wife is a teacher and in a position of authority. This was a 17-year-old child!

ChrisL

Mixed emotions

My wife is a teacher

Your wife is a teacher and in a position of authority. This was a 17-year-old child!
Alexander the Great was what, 16?

17 is old enough to know better

But again, the charge or manslaughter was probably an overreach

ChrisL

Mixed emotions

My wife is a teacher

Alexander the Great was what, 16?

17 is old enough to know better

But again, the charge or manslaughter was probably an overreach

Alexander the Great? Seriously? Lol.

Yet there was another case a few years ago where a bunch of people were online where a man was threatening to kill himself, and they were actively encouraging him to do it, and he did, and none of THOSE people even had to go to court!

Forum List

Back