Woman dies in jail while serving sentence for her kids’ unpaid school fines

Being poor is a crime.

Woman dies in jail while serving sentence for her kids? unpaid school fines - Salon.com

This isn't about debt, its about her not following the required procedure in the county when it comes to truancy of her kids.

If she would have kept the log, it wouldn't have gotten to the fine/jail stage.

The death should be investigated, but a 48hr stint in the county lockup to clear your fines isn't exactly doing a dime for robbing a liquor store.

It is expensive to raise kids and most families say, "what saving's account?"

The fact is that you can't get blood out of a stone so sending her to jail is useless and now someone has to take care of her four kids ; I thought the purpose was to go forwards and not backwards.

The fact is that you can't get blood out of a stone so sending her to jail is useless and now someone has to take care of her four kids ; I thought the purpose was to go forwards and not backwards.

I don't think they planned on her dying in jail. It was 48 hrs to basically clear her fines and then start over with getting her kids to school.

There were things she could have done to avoid both, and she didn't.

Again, that being said, a full investigation has to be done as to why someone died in prison after less than 24 hours.

I don't think they planned on her dying in jail. It was 48 hrs to basically clear her fines and then start over with getting her kids to school.

There were things she could have done to avoid both, and she didn't.

Again, that being said, a full investigation has to be done as to why someone died in prison after less than 24 hours.

IT will be interesting to know what caused her death.

With her kids though, she just may have given up the ghost voluntarily.

If the kids being truant from school is what started this whole thing, I wonder what how they feel about it now that their mom may be dead because of it.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

I don't care if the kids didn't attend school. You cannot lock someone up for not paying a fine.

Historically the consequences for many minor crimes have been to either pay a fine or spend a number of days in jail.

surely the state has a fiduciary duty of care for all inmates, anything more than natural causes and the fines will represent peanuts.

God bless the lawyers.

Ooops. I guess she should have sent her kids to school.

If the kids being truant from school is what started this whole thing, I wonder what how they feel about it now that their mom may be dead because of it.

Holly

If they are like the rest of their generation I imagine they are ticked off because they weren't able to get video to post on Youtube.

Without more information, there is simply nothing to be made of this. Most people have choice on where and when they die.

Being poor is a crime.

Woman dies in jail while serving sentence for her kids? unpaid school fines - Salon.com

Very sad. People going to jail because their kids don't go to school? Seems a very ineffective way of dealing with the problem. These parents need parenting classes and support from children's services, not fines they can't pay or jail time.

I'm surprised there isn't more criticism of the mother. Ah, she's white. This thread would look very different had this lady been black.

Last edited:

Holly

you say the ugliest things and then end it with a blessing.

don't you see that as a bit incongruous?

I don't care if the kids didn't attend school. You cannot lock someone up for not paying a fine.

lol, obviously a judge can and they do it all the time.

Maybe you should go tell these judges a thing or two, you fucking idiot.

Those kids should have probably been taken from her some time ago rather than being fined or imprisoned. She was obviously unfit for parenting. Our local dingbats are trying to make a victim of someone who was essentially a child abuser.

Sad and stupid.

Last edited:

Obviously Jim has not heard the aphorism “When you resort to name calling, you’ve lost the argument." He appears to use name calling repeatedly in every post he makes. Losing a lot of arguments I guess. LOL

Last edited:

Obviously Jim has not heard the aphorism “When You Resort To Name Calling, You’ve Lost The Argument." He appears to use name calling repeatedly in every post he makes. Losing a lot of arguments I guess. LOL

You don't even know what ad hominem is, you stupid shit.

If I do not address your logical arguments or the facts you present, but only call names, then yes, I am conceding the argument.

But if you do not present facts with arguments built on them, but only make the kind of insipid and inane unsupported assertions as you repeatedly do, I have every logical right to respond in kind and with the disgust for you that I feel.

You are an ass hole. I do not say this with a cavalier attitude, whimsically tossing it out there like some drunk looking for a fight. No, I have read so many of your posts and the posts of other ideologically bound up idiots like you and you disgust me with the stupidity, hypocrisy, judgementalism and unreflective stereotyping you and your fellow cretins regularly engage in.

Seriously, go fuck yourself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back