Woman shot 3 times by 2 home invaders...able to return fire...and lives....

Well she is the only one who got shot. Would she have is she wasn't armed? They wanted to rob, not kill.

That is why they came armed? And what should she have done, let them take what they needed and go on with their day?

Having a gun may be why she was shot. If she had called the police and not had a gun they probably would have left right away or been caught. She may have called we don't know. There is much we don't know. Certainly can't claim the gun saved her.

Well she is the only one who got shot. Would she have is she wasn't armed? They wanted to rob, not kill.

That is why they came armed? And what should she have done, let them take what they needed and go on with their day?

Having a gun may be why she was shot. If she had called the police and not had a gun they probably would have left right away or been caught. She may have called we don't know. There is much we don't know. Certainly can't claim the gun saved her.

And you can't claim it didn't.

When seconds count, cops are minutes away.

I didn't know there were people as stupid as you obviously are.

Brain....the story doesn't say who shot first......

Nope that's why I said make you wonder. I'd be curious to hear more details. Especially who started shooting first.

They brought guns didnt they? seeing as they are the ones who are the criminals, brought the guns, Id lay the blame on them, if they pointed the guns at her then she was right to shoot.

Nah, braino doesn't think like a reasonable person.. The perps only brought the guns to scare the people. They had no intention of actually hurting anyone don't ya know. They just wanted to frighten them a little.

That is often the case. If every criminal with a gun started shooting people we'd have a much higher homicide rate. The police are treating it as a burglary gone bad, not murder. So it is quite possible that having a gun is the only reason she was shot.

Then why did the criminals use weapons in their home invasion?

that issue is going to be debated for a long time.....however......what has turned out to be even more important.....increased levels of gun ownership, as more Americans not only buy guns, but also carry them for self defense, have not led to more crime......in fact, as more Americans have bought and carry guns.....the gun crime rate and the accidental gun death rate have gone down...substantially, and not up, as the anti gunners predicted they would....

Most gun sales are to people who already own. Ownership is down.

Actually, not true.....that is anti gunner propaganda hoping it is true.....there are more people buying guns for the first time....with huge increases in the number of women buying guns for the first time....and getting permits to carry them....

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/03/1...ship-is-down-survey-shows.html?pagewanted=all

You do realize Brain that NICS background checks are up......also, your article says that ownership is going down in the South and West....the very people least likely to answer a phone survey about wether or not they own guns.....the left wing anti gunners are trying to convince people that gun ownership is on the decline......they are pushing a false narrative to help their anti gun agenda.....the fact is more people are refusing to acknowledge ownership, and more people are buying and carrying guns...especially women....who are now buying guns for protection in larger numbers than ever before.....

Sales are up yes. But it's the same people buying more guns. Ownership is down.

A provable lie, but that's never bothered idealogue's like you.

:laugh::laugh: Average time for the police to respond to a call is 10 minutes. Yep, the cops will be right over!:laugh::laugh::laugh: Average time for a call to my neck of the woods is around an hour.....should I rely on them for my protection?:laugh:

Nope that's why I said make you wonder. I'd be curious to hear more details. Especially who started shooting first.
if the home owner shot first she had every right to do so.

The scum bag pieces of shit were threatening her safety the second they forced their way in

Yes but that may be why she got shot. In which case she would have been safer not being armed.

If you want to take the chance of being unarmed in while criminals invade your house that's your choice.

It didn't end too well for the Petit family in CT

Ghastly Details In Conn. Home Invasion - CBS News

So now tell me you would still rather be defenseless.

If I were a criminal I would target people just like you. Talk about your easy pickens.
Do you gift wrap?

I've never been robbed. With 232,000 guns stolen each year gun owners seem to be easy targets.

Well....you have never been robbed hence there is no reason to be armed.......nice for you....

I wasn't to concerned about being robbed either....right up till the time it happened.
Thank God for Remington.

It must be nice to be a liberal.....you know each day what is going to happen before it happens....so they never have to worry about being attacked.....hence, they don't need guns

A gun is not always the best thing to have. Look at all the accidental shootings. Studies show you are more likely to be shot if you carry. Cases where they really save a life seem more rare than acidental shootings. Most people are probably safer without.

and you are more likely to drown if you own a pool.

That so called statistical analysis is pure crap.

They brought guns didnt they? seeing as they are the ones who are the criminals, brought the guns, Id lay the blame on them, if they pointed the guns at her then she was right to shoot.

Nah, braino doesn't think like a reasonable person.. The perps only brought the guns to scare the people. They had no intention of actually hurting anyone don't ya know. They just wanted to frighten them a little.

That is often the case. If every criminal with a gun started shooting people we'd have a much higher homicide rate. The police are treating it as a burglary gone bad, not murder. So it is quite possible that having a gun is the only reason she was shot.

Yeah but we are just supposed to point them to the hefty bags, so they can clean house. You know so nobody gets hurt.

I really get the sense these progressive types put more blame on the homeowner defending their property, than the criminals entering. This country has some loonballs in it, that have been brainwashed to believe such rhetoric.

No I can't with certainty. But she is the only one who was shot and the cops don't seem to think they came to kill her.

Home owner might shoot at them?

Most gun sales are to people who already own. Ownership is down.

Actually, not true.....that is anti gunner propaganda hoping it is true.....there are more people buying guns for the first time....with huge increases in the number of women buying guns for the first time....and getting permits to carry them....

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/03/1...ship-is-down-survey-shows.html?pagewanted=all

You do realize Brain that NICS background checks are up......also, your article says that ownership is going down in the South and West....the very people least likely to answer a phone survey about wether or not they own guns.....the left wing anti gunners are trying to convince people that gun ownership is on the decline......they are pushing a false narrative to help their anti gun agenda.....the fact is more people are refusing to acknowledge ownership, and more people are buying and carrying guns...especially women....who are now buying guns for protection in larger numbers than ever before.....

Sales are up yes. But it's the same people buying more guns. Ownership is down.

A provable lie, but that's never bothered idealogue's like you.

You have a source stating different?

:laugh::laugh: Average time for the police to respond to a call is 10 minutes. Yep, the cops will be right over!:laugh::laugh::laugh: Average time for a call to my neck of the woods is around an hour.....should I rely on them for my protection?:laugh:

That's really up to you. Often people aren't really protected by guns.

if the home owner shot first she had every right to do so.

The scum bag pieces of shit were threatening her safety the second they forced their way in

Yes but that may be why she got shot. In which case she would have been safer not being armed.

If you want to take the chance of being unarmed in while criminals invade your house that's your choice.

It didn't end too well for the Petit family in CT

Ghastly Details In Conn. Home Invasion - CBS News

So now tell me you would still rather be defenseless.

What are the odds of that happening compared to someone accidently being shot and killed? How often is the defender the only one shot like the woman in this thread?

I've never been robbed. With 232,000 guns stolen each year gun owners seem to be easy targets.

Well....you have never been robbed hence there is no reason to be armed.......nice for you....

I wasn't to concerned about being robbed either....right up till the time it happened.
Thank God for Remington.

It must be nice to be a liberal.....you know each day what is going to happen before it happens....so they never have to worry about being attacked.....hence, they don't need guns

A gun is not always the best thing to have. Look at all the accidental shootings. Studies show you are more likely to be shot if you carry. Cases where they really save a life seem more rare than acidental shootings. Most people are probably safer without.

I don't have a pool.

No I can't with certainty. But she is the only one who was shot and the cops don't seem to think they came to kill her.

:blahblah: :eusa_wall:

I don't have a pool.

This is why you are stupid beyond comprehension.

He threw out a general, if you own a pool as a hypothetical. And you respond with "I don't own a pool".

Either you are the biggest idiot I have ever debated with, or you are a troll. (And you don't need to respond with, I don't own a bridge). The biggest irony, is that you use the moniker "Brain". I have a name change suggestion, how about "Brain Stem"?

I don't have a pool.

This is why you are stupid beyond comprehension.

He threw out a general, if you own a pool as a hypothetical. And you respond with "I don't own a pool".

Either you are the biggest idiot I have ever debated with, or you are a troll. (And you don't need to respond with, I don't own a bridge). The biggest irony, is that you use the moniker "Brain". I have a name change suggestion, how about "Brain Stem"?

What point have I made that is wrong? You seem not very smart to me.

If I were a criminal I would target people just like you. Talk about your easy pickens.
Do you gift wrap?

Thank God for Remington.

Only if you're a dumbass.

Last edited:

Thank God for Remington.

Only if your a dumbass.

Must be lot of dumb gun owners then. But all those involved with accidental shootings probably talk like you before they happen.

Forum List

Back