Woman sues after being held hostage by cop.

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
If this is true it proves that cops need to be reigned in and retrained about everything they do.

A woman from Carbondale claims she suffered emotional and mental distress during an active shooter training exercise she claims she didn't know she was a part of.Michelle Meeker is suing the Carbondale police chief and an officer. Her employer, the Heritage Park Care Center, where the exercise occurred October 13, 2013, is also listed in the complaint.
In a complaint received by 9NEWS Tuesday, Meeker claims she was taken hostage by a man with a gun while at work at the assisted living center in Carbondale. Meeker says the gunman held her against her will while she begged for her life.
According to the complaint, what she did not know at the time was that the man with the gun was a Carbondale police officer, and it was all a part of an active shooter drill that was taking place.
Meeker claims that she was not informed of the training and suffered severe mental and emotional distress since the incident.

Woman sues after being held 'hostage'

If this is true it proves that cops need to be reigned in and retrained about everything they do.

A woman from Carbondale claims she suffered emotional and mental distress during an active shooter training exercise she claims she didn't know she was a part of.Michelle Meeker is suing the Carbondale police chief and an officer. Her employer, the Heritage Park Care Center, where the exercise occurred October 13, 2013, is also listed in the complaint.
In a complaint received by 9NEWS Tuesday, Meeker claims she was taken hostage by a man with a gun while at work at the assisted living center in Carbondale. Meeker says the gunman held her against her will while she begged for her life.
According to the complaint, what she did not know at the time was that the man with the gun was a Carbondale police officer, and it was all a part of an active shooter drill that was taking place.
Meeker claims that she was not informed of the training and suffered severe mental and emotional distress since the incident.

Hmm. Got to wonder about this. Why no news coverage? Why wait 10 months to file a suit?
Something stinks here.

BTW, that link has a virus or some other kind of malware attached to it.
My security had to block it,

Google "active shooter drill" and check out how many responses you get.

Why are Cops doing these at private businesses? They should be using their own training facilities.

BTW, that link has a virus or some other kind of malware attached to it.
My security had to block it,

It is a local news site.

By the way, it usually takes months to file a lawsuit because of all the legal requirements.

Google "active shooter drill" and check out how many responses you get.

Why are Cops doing these at private businesses? They should be using their own training facilities.

Really? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: Perhaps the actual shootings don't occur at training facilities.

Nope. Law enforcement is there to protect us. While I sympathize with this strong, independent womyn being oppressed by this disgusting manpig hiding behind his badge, and sincerely hope that she wins hyr lawsuit and gets him fyred, the responsible thing to do here is not blaming all police officers.

Nope. Law enforcement is there to protect us. While I sympathize with this strong, independent womyn being oppressed by this disgusting manpig hiding behind his badge, and sincerely hope that she wins hyr lawsuit and gets him fyred, the responsible thing to do here is not blaming all police officers.

I am pretty sure no one on this forum ever accused me of being responsible.

Fyrst tyme for everythyng. I'm doing it ryght now. You're responsible.

Your mind = Blown.

IF her company truly did this without informing its employer and did not let her know she was being held by an actual cop, then THEY are at fault, not the cop IMO.

The company set up the drill they should have left employees know. I can't imagine a company would do something so utterly ridiculous to allow an employee believe her life was in danger for over an hour.

I also believe there would have been more news on this story prior if it did really happen as she says.

PLUS another article states she admits the cop did tell her he was a cop but she did not know if she should believe him.

Although the man told her in hushed tones that he was a police officer, the lawsuit says, Meeker was not informed beforehand of the drill and was unsure whether he was telling the truth.

Read more: Colorado nurse sues after being a 'hostage' in armed gunman drill - Business Insider

Fyrst tyme for everythyng. I'm doing it ryght now. You're responsible.

Your mind = Blown.

Not if I accuse you of lying.

If that really happened, she should sue. I can't imagine how terrifying that would have been for her.

You must be proud.

Forum List

Back