Woman who miscarried charged with a crime.

I did. her case is horrible, for her.

Now answer the question. What are we socially trying to stop here?
Anti choice extremists aim to control every aspect of pregnancy and that uppity bitch needs to get that through her little head. She made ONE decision on her own and we just can't have that. Charge her with something. That'll teach her.

You read the link

Each time she left on her own

Before police began to investigate Watts, the medical office receptionist had spent the three previous days in and out of the hospital as her pregnancy faltered.

By the time she first visited the hospital on Sept. 19, Watts already suspected she was miscarrying. She was passing large clots of blood and describing her pain as intense, according to her medical records. Doctors confirmed her suspicions, telling her that although there was fetal cardiac activity, the pregnancy was not viable. Watts left the hospital that day against medical advice, telling the doctor she could “better process what was happening to her at home.”

The next morning, Watts returned, expecting to be induced to deliver her preterm pregnancy. Abortion is currently legal up to 22 weeks of pregnancy in Ohio. For the next eight hours, doctors and officials determined the ethics of inducing labor for a woman who had been diagnosed with preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM), had no detectable amniotic fluid, was bleeding vaginally and had advanced cervical dilation.

One doctor was particularly blunt about the urgency of inducing Watts’s delivery: “My recommendation instead of waiting until mom is on death’s door before proceeding with treatment, [is] to deliver this baby” by inducing, the doctor wrote.

Seven hours later, Watts still had not been induced. She wanted to leave, according to medical records. Finally, when the doctor returned to the hospital room to discuss the induction plan, records state, Watts’s bed was empty and her IV bag was draped over the railing.

At home, the pain and bleeding wouldn’t let up, prompting Watts to briefly return to the hospital the next day, but she again left against medical advice after not being able to see her OB/GYN soon enough.

You can't better process a miscarriage at home but it would seem she followed medical advice.

Rush Limbaugh used to call such stories a “See I told you so” moment.

Brittany Watts was still hooked to an IV, sick for almost a week from a potentially fatal miscarriage, when a detective from the Warren Police Department in Ohio stepped into her hospital room. He assured her that she wasn’t in any trouble.

For more than an hour, Detective Nick Carney interviewed Watts, 33, about the details of that morning and the whereabouts of the nearly 22-week-old fetus that was declared nonviable two days earlier. As Watts described miscarrying in her bathroom, a nurse at Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital rubbed her shoulders and told her everything would be okay, Watts told The Washington Post in a series of text messages.

Two weeks later, Carney arrested Watts on charges of felony abuse of a corpse for how she handled the remains from her pregnancy. If indicted and found guilty, she faces up to a year in prison along with a fine of up to $2,500, her lawyer said.

If Republicans cared about the child half as much as they did the Fetus we would have free medical and the best funded schools in the world for the kids.

But they don’t care. Not even half as much.

The lessons learned. First. Never trust a Republican legislator. Second. Never trust a cop. Ever.
What were the charges ... and why?

Explain why you agree or disagre.

You can't better process a miscarriage at home but it would seem she followed medical advice.
Just read the article

She may not belong in jail, but she was pigheaded and deserves a long stint in community service

Maybe picking up trash along the highway on her days off from work

she could have started with calling 911 since she just had a medical emergency,,
She had been at the emergency room.

One doctor was particularly blunt about the urgency of inducing Watts’s delivery: “My recommendation instead of waiting until mom is on death’s door before proceeding with treatment, [is] to deliver this baby” by inducing, the doctor wrote.

Seven hours later, Watts still had not been induced. She wanted to leave, according to medical records. Finally, when the doctor returned to the hospital room to discuss the induction plan, records state, Watts’s bed was empty and her IV bag was draped over the railing.

At home, the pain and bleeding wouldn’t let up, prompting Watts to briefly return to the hospital the next day, but she again left against medical advice after not being able to see her OB/GYN soon enough.
That sounds terrible. A true ordeal. And you want to prosecute this person with a felony?

Then she was to take the deceased to the hospital. What happens when anyone dies at home? There is no state that permits throwing the corpse out in the back yard.
There we go. But that is not normal practice.

What happens if I miscarry at home?​

Some women miscarry at home before they have a chance to see their doctor or get to the hospital.

If this happens, then:

• use pads to manage the bleeding
  • if you can, save any pregnancy tissue that you pass, as your doctor may recommend it is tested to see why your miscarriage happened
  • take medications such as paracetamol if you have pain
  • rest
  • call your doctor or midwife
There is a chance you may see your baby in the tissue that you pass, but often the baby is too small to recognise, or may not be found at all. It is normal to want to look at the remains, but you may decide you do not want to. There is no right or wrong thing to do.

Some women miscarry while on the toilet. This can also happen if you are out and about, or in hospital. There is no right or wrong way to handle this.

Options for disposal at homeIf you miscarry at home you are very likely to pass the remains of your pregnancy into thetoilet. You may look at what has come away and see a pregnancy sac and/or a very earlybaby (we call this a fetus) – or something you think might a be a fetus. If you complete yourmiscarriage at home you have no obligation to dispose of the pregnancy remains in anyparticular way. You might want to simply flush the toilet – many people do that automatically.If you prefer to dispose of the remains the way you normally dispose of sanitary waste this isa personal choice and there are no regulations to prevent you doing whatever feels right foryou.

That sounds terrible. A true ordeal. And you want to prosecute this person with a felony?

Why are you showing links to websites from the UK? This lady miscarried in Ohio.

whats that got to do with the miscarriage she had and the dead baby in her posession??

if she called 911 after that she wouldnt be in any trouble now,,

See post #167

Then she was to take the deceased to the hospital. What happens when anyone dies at home? There is no state that permits throwing the corpse out in the back yard.

You don't do to a pregnant women what was done to this women. Again, you concern for pregnant women is posted here plainly for all to see.

You are not pro-life.

I never said I did. I said you were posting links to shit from the UK.

You posting incorrect links and me pointing that out doesn't obligate me to do your job for you and post the right ones LOL
They are the only links I can find. I know you're a dude and all, but why do you think women who have miscarriages have funerals etc for them?

she wasnt pregnant when she broke the law,,

Thank you. You have literally proven a point that I’ve made many times. Conservatives stop caring about the “baby” ten seconds after it passes out of the Mother. After that, they don’t give a flying fuck.

Forum List

Back