🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Women, Do You Make Your Husbands Do Their Own Laundry?

Should The Husband Be Expected To Do Chores?

• Total voters
HAHA! James hasn't cleaned a toilet in his life. If I were to suggest he do such a thing, he'd immediately do a Biden impression. Whaa? Terlit?? Cleaning?

I'll clean a toilet every once and awhile just because I cant stand a dirty toilet.
And I clean my sink and countertop. Our sinks are about 20 foot apart in the Master Bath and we both have our own counter,of course her countertop is three times the size of mine and she uses every friggen square inch of it.

I wash my own underwear.It's not that I don't want my wife handling my delicate underthings it's that they usually look like I've been out 4 wheeling in the mud.
atv-mudding-01

Damn!!!
Those must be some huge skid marks!!!

HAHA! James hasn't cleaned a toilet in his life. If I were to suggest he do such a thing, he'd immediately do a Biden impression. Whaa? Terlit?? Cleaning?

I do the regular bathroom cleaning, but Joe has to handle it if we get calcium build-up that has to be scrubbed off with a pumice stone, because it hurts my hands to do it.

Once I'm able to get started on my new job, I'll be working from home, and I can take on a larger share of the housewifing, with some help from the boys. I've always preferred being a full-time housewife, but it hasn't always been an option financially.

Well, I'm not romantically interested in you anyways so we're good.

No,.. my point is that everybody needs to help out in some way, shape, or form in my household and I already said that it's better if we share the laundry instead along with other chores.
If you're not currently working, doesn't it figure that you would do more of the household chores?

The vast majority of Conservative women are feminist in the sense that they believe in Equality of Sexes. I must admit that they are right. Patriarchal norms which have been popular for about 40 centuries are no longer viable.

Most Liberal women are female supremacists -- they view men as morally inferior oppressors. Most Liberal men are pickup artists (PUA) -- they would agree with Liberal women for one and only one purpose.

With the exception of bedding which is done separately ... Laundry around here is usually done by whoever says,
"I'm doing a load of such and such ... You got anything that needs to go in with it?"

I'll clean a toilet every once and awhile just because I cant stand a dirty toilet.

LOL I first read this as you'll clean a dirty toilet just because you shit in it. XD

If you're not currently working, doesn't it figure that you would do more of the household chores?

No,.. he's like me btw. He's disabled too so he currently doesn't work.

I am currently engaged and this topic came up today when I was sorting laundry. Now, I believe in the idea that if somebody is able to do their own laundry then they should, so that's why I'm not going to do my man's laundry for him unless he's sick or he's busy doing other chores and asks me nicely to do it for him. Generally speaking I will expect him to pull his weight and do half of the work since it's the twenty-first century. Same with dishes and what not. What do you guys think?
Do you mow, snowplow, repair vehicles, repair appliances, paint, remove moss from roofs, cut and split wood, to name just a few of the tasks that my lovely wife does not do. Quit whining.

James and I both cook. I'm surprised I haven't killed anyone with my cooking.

Yet.
When I'm on my game I'm a very good cook, but my biggest failing is the bad habit of falling asleep with something in the oven; burning good food down to carbon.

The view of a man as the head of the family who should be obeyed ended in America very long ago. The vast majority of Conservative Women are feminists in the sense that they believe in Equality Between Men and Women. Any system based on inequality is non-viable now.

Nevertheless, among Generation Z a much worse inequality is very popular -- they view men as morally inferior oppressors.

The vast majority of Conservative women are feminist in the sense that they believe in Equality of Sexes. I must admit that they are right. Patriarchal norms which have been popular for about 40 centuries are no longer viable.

Most Liberal women are female supremacists -- they view men as morally inferior oppressors. Most Liberal men are pickup artists (PUA) -- they would agree with Liberal women for one and only one purpose.

Depends on the "patriarchal norm". I like traditional female roles and activities, and I recognize that I just care a lot more about the house than the guys do. That means I'm going to be the one doing the more advanced, nitpicky sort of cleaning, because they don't even understand why it's necessary. For example, I can ask any of them to run the vacuum or sweep up a messy kitchen floor, but mopping is all me because they don't comprehend why I want it done the way I do. They seem to think you can just wet the floor with hot water, and it's all good.

James and I both cook. I'm surprised I haven't killed anyone with my cooking.

Yet.

The Wife informed me yesterday that she was making homemade yeast rolls today.
Which in my house means I sit in a chair in the kitchen and read Her the recipe and to make sure She doesnt screw it up.
To be honest it would be easier if I did it myself but I figure it's good for Her.

Do you mow, snowplow, repair vehicles, repair appliances, paint, remove moss from roofs, cut and split wood, to name just a few of the tasks that my lovely wife does not do. Quit whining.

I said in the OP if you were capable of doing something you should do it. Quit being a jackass.

Likely excuse. I thought you were the Doctors Wife--did you get divorced before you became engaged.

It's a Doctor Who reference.

The vast majority of Conservative women are feminist in the sense that they believe in Equality of Sexes
Equality, Yes. Sameness/Interchangeability, No. Men and women are different. We always have been and always will be.,Trying to make Men and women interchangeable on a Social/Cultural level is as silly as trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole.

Forum List

Back