🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Women, Do You Make Your Husbands Do Their Own Laundry?

Should The Husband Be Expected To Do Chores?

• Total voters
Call it whatever you want. It worked for thousands of years and we were far better off, at least as I see things, before we gave up on Traditional Values a century ago.

Far better off for whom ...
Those that push themselves to succeed, or those who neglect perseverance and a drive towards continuous improvement?

At no point did I ever suggest that people cannot become complacent and comfortable with their rather lack-luster low expectations.
Nor did I suggest that others won't use that condition to better "manage" a populace and promote their own desires.

At that point, a well-conditioned, highly supported social structure, varies little from simple domestication.
If one's ambitions are more akin to mirroring domesticated livestock, it's not hard for them to feel at home, fat and happy on green patch of grass.
It's possible they will even come to view that as success in itself, when in reality they are little more than a prized investment of those with greater ambitions.

My thread wasn't sexist until you made it appear that you thought that women should be the ones to do the laundry no matter what because it was their place so to speak.
You are trying to put your own thoughts into my statements. I didn't say it was the woman's JOB, unlike the title of the OP leads one to believe. Your poll does the same. You were looking for someone to take the bait and I just made it clear to all what you were doing.

Far better off for whom ...
Those that push themselves to succeed, or those who neglect perseverance and a drive towards continuous improvement?
I’ll leave you with this thought… Some of us believe doing what we SHOULD is far more important than what we CAN. Right and Wrong trump everything else. Is living your exceptional life worth the Damnation of your Eternal Soul? [/conversation]

I am currently engaged and this topic came up today when I was sorting laundry. Now, I believe in the idea that if somebody is able to do their own laundry then they should, so that's why I'm not going to do my man's laundry for him unless he's sick or he's busy doing other chores and asks me nicely to do it for him. Generally speaking I will expect him to pull his weight and do half of the work since it's the twenty-first century. Same with dishes and what not. What do you guys think?
Both my ex wives did all the laundry.

You are trying to put your own thoughts into my statements. I didn't say it was the woman's JOB, unlike the title of the OP leads one to believe. Your poll does the same. You were looking for someone to take the bait and I just made it clear to all what you were doing.

Take the bait of what exactly? All it's asking is if people believe in the traditional way of women doing the laundry or if a couple should share the responsibility. I'm just not the kind of person where I'm going to be waiting on my man hand and foot and all I'm asking is for him to do half the work. I don't really see how that's an issue.

I do my own laundry. I have for longer than we have been together. She doesn't make me. I just do it.
Do you do her laundry at the same time? If not than that act is fiscally and environmentally irresponsible. We don't separate laundry by sex, nor do we assign gender roles to particular jobs unless the task requires certain knowledge not known to the other, i.e. she doesn't have a clue as to what happens under the hood of the car. She also doesn't have a hell of a lot of knowledge in the baking department which is also a task I embrace. This is a thinly veiled sexist thread where a woman is trying her best to justify a sexist point and get someone to take the bait.

House maintenance
Lawn care
Vehicle maintenance
Etc...

Chores? Lol
Also, EVERY couple I know the men do all the things listed above and someone's tripping on laundry duty?

Thank you. It works for us as it has worked for generations before us. I’m sorry to hear about the troubles your family has had to deal with.

Obviously not everyone is cut out for Traditional married life. I think we would be better off if they stayed single, but I obviously have no power to enforce that. Even if I think Society should.
In our younger days, when my wife wasn't working, she'd keep house spotlessly, and I'd come home to a delicious meal every day.

She can't do that now, so I do. It makes for long days, doing housework when I come home from work. But my efforts are appreciated.

Like I said, you take care of family.

"Make your husband do.."? How does that work?

Simple, it's the same thing that you expect from your children,.. be responsible for yourself or there will be consequences for your actions. Children are grounded and have their toys and special privileges taken away, men are sent to the sofa.

I’ll leave you with this thought… Some of us believe doing what we SHOULD is far more important than what we CAN. Right and Wrong trump everything else. Is living your exceptional life worth the Damnation of your Eternal Soul? [/conversation]

Some of us believe that all of our Blessings come from God ... And look nowhere other than His Grace for comfort.

Of course, Judgement is what makes God Divine ... And for the most part people assholes.
It's not like I was asking you what you may believe is right or wrong.
That would be between you and God, and I am not turning my back on His Blessings.

Last edited:
Take the bait of what exactly? All it's asking is if people believe in the traditional way of women doing the laundry or if a couple should share the responsibility. I'm just not the kind of person where I'm going to be waiting on my man hand and foot and all I'm asking is for him to do half the work. I don't really see how that's an issue.
I believe your opening post said something along the lines of You won't do "your" man's laundry unless he was sick AND asked you nicely. I don't see that as being anything other than looking for a reason to refuse. My wife doesn't have to ask me to go out and cut and split firewood. It is part of the separation of household chores for a common good. If she was to nitpick the question of whose job it is to do laundry--we would either both be cold or, more likely, we wouldn't have stayed together for 48 years.

Do you do her laundry at the same time? If not than that act is fiscally and environmentally irresponsible. We don't separate laundry by sex, nor do we assign gender roles to particular jobs unless the task requires certain knowledge not known to the other, i.e. she doesn't have a clue as to what happens under the hood of the car. She also doesn't have a hell of a lot of knowledge in the baking department which is also a task I embrace. This is a thinly veiled sexist thread where a woman is trying her best to justify a sexist point and get someone to take the bait.

As long as it is a full load, it is not irresponsible at all. I do mine because they are my clothes to do. Nothing sexist at all.

Forum List

Back