🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Women, Do You Make Your Husbands Do Their Own Laundry?

Should The Husband Be Expected To Do Chores?

• Total voters
I sort by color and type, but I have to sort by person a little bit. My clothes can't be mistaken for anyone else's, because I'm the only woman in the house, and my older son is quite a bit larger than my younger son, so it's easy to tell theirs apart. My husband, however, is right between the two of them in size, so it can be easy to mistake his clothes for belonging to one of them, or vice versa, so he keeps his separate.

I hate doing the whites. James and my brother are not the same size, but they wear the same style and size sock. Ack!

Hebben hulp me.

At the moment no I'm on SSI due to my disabilities.

They're not physical disabilities if I remember correctly.
My Wife does the laundry and always has. But I did all of the repairs and fixes around the house,took out the garbage and things like that.
I dont mow the lawn we pay to have that done and the Wife doesnt clean the house since we hired a maid.
I do the vast majority of the cooking and she does the dishes.
It's been this way for 31 years and it's worked out great.
She doesnt mind doing the dishes for good reason....she cant cook worth a lick and she's more than happy to leave that to me.

Definitely. I will say that I would not have been in a relationship with a woman who didn’t have those same Traditional Values.

Well, I'm not romantically interested in you anyways so we're good.

And you're here crowing about how you "won't do his laundry for him"? WTF?

No,.. my point is that everybody needs to help out in some way, shape, or form in my household and I already said that it's better if we share the laundry instead along with other chores.

I didn’t think you were. Then again, I don’t engage in Romance or Romantic Love and never have.

So then why did you get married in the first place if you don't mind me asking.

I wash my own underwear.It's not that I don't want my wife handling my delicate underthings it's that they usually look like I've been out 4 wheeling in the mud.
atv-mudding-01

I am currently engaged and this topic came up today when I was sorting laundry. Now, I believe in the idea that if somebody is able to do their own laundry then they should, so that's why I'm not going to do my man's laundry for him unless he's sick or he's busy doing other chores and asks me nicely to do it for him. Generally speaking I will expect him to pull his weight and do half of the work since it's the twenty-first century. Same with dishes and what not. What do you guys think?
I think I a marriage isn't a competition. It isn't about keeping score.
If my wife pulled out her clothes and left mine in the hamper to do myself... the marriage would be on very thin ice that very day.

I think I a marriage isn't a competition. It isn't about keeping score.
If my wife pulled out her clothes and left mine in the hamper to do myself... the marriage would be on very thin ice that very day.

Why? Because you expect her to baby you and do everything for you?

Forum List

Back