Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

...There have been absolutely NO correlations made between how a woman is dressed and her likelihood of getting raped. Because it's bullshit. Plenty of ugly/unattractive/overweight women are raped. Also, children and grannies sometimes.
Oh, I'm quite happy to concede that people are raped all the time, outside the framework of provocative or suggestive clothing.

I suppose my point is...

If your attractive young daughter is going to be going to be walking down a city street at 3:00 am, and had to choose between (1) provocative and (2) non-provocative dress...

Which would you advise her to don, in the hopes of reducing her chances of being raped?

And why?

Well, why is she walking down a city street at 3 a.m. is the first thing I would want to know.
That's not the question.

Let's assume that she has a good and true reason, regardless of whether your or I can conjure-up that reason at the moment.

...There have been absolutely NO correlations made between how a woman is dressed and her likelihood of getting raped. Because it's bullshit. Plenty of ugly/unattractive/overweight women are raped. Also, children and grannies sometimes.
Oh, I'm quite happy to concede that people are raped all the time, outside the framework of provocative or suggestive clothing.

I suppose my point is...

If your attractive young daughter is going to be going to be walking down a city street at 3:00 am, and had to choose between (1) provocative and (2) non-provocative dress...

Which would you advise her to don, in the hopes of reducing her chances of being raped?

And why?

Well, why is she walking down a city street at 3 a.m. is the first thing I would want to know.
in my alternative, she could be "trolling" for a new husband to "press" into her gang, if he falls for it. Otherwise, she will be free to travel unmolested nude at 3am.
Final answer, or would you like to come back down to Reality, before we lock-in yours?

There have been absolutely NO correlations made between how a woman is dressed and her likelihood of getting raped. Because it's bullshit. Plenty of ugly/unattractive/overweight women are raped. Also, children and grannies sometimes.

Define "plenty".
Define "ugly".
Define "unattractive".
Define "overweight".

There are also plenty of guys who would settle for what you call ugly/unattractive/overweight, or to sum it up "less worthy".

Anyways, this article is not about the rape, but could help...

Bikinis Make Men See Women as Objects, Scans Confirm

If women knows what reaction they cause by wearing the bikini, isn't that reaction a reason why are they wearing it?

I suppose my point is...

And why?

Well, why are you always dodging the question is the first thing I would want to know. You always play this game whenever the answer is inconvenient for you.

It was hypothetical question. It really doesn't matter if is 3 AM or 3 PM.

OK, here is the easier question: Why do women wear bikini?

I suppose my point is...

And why?

Well, why are you always dodging the question is the first thing I would want to know. You always play this game whenever the answer is inconvenient for you.

It was hypothetical question. It really doesn't matter if is 3 AM or 3 PM.

OK, here is the easier question: Why do women wear bikini?
It's a matter of Intellectual Cowardice.

If you cannot answer in a fashion supportive of your position, then either deflect or go silent, thereby avoiding the need to concede a point.

A very cowardly mode of behavior.

I can see a scenario where girl is dressed provocatively, out and about and guys start hitting on her and messing with her - and if rebuffed, guys get angry and could rape her.

I don't think the clothing "entices a rapist" however in most cases. But it can ADD to a possible outcome of rape.

I suppose my point is...

And why?

in my alternative, she could be "trolling" for a new husband to "press" into her gang, if he falls for it. Otherwise, she will be free to travel unmolested nude at 3am.
Final answer, or would you like to come back down to Reality, before we lock-in yours?
Yes; it is my final answer. I have a Bible and several religions for moral support. I already know those of the opposing view have nothing but fallacy. So, Job 34:30 applies.

There have been absolutely NO correlations made between how a woman is dressed and her likelihood of getting raped. Because it's bullshit. Plenty of ugly/unattractive/overweight women are raped. Also, children and grannies sometimes.

Define "plenty".
Define "ugly".
Define "unattractive".
Define "overweight".

There are also plenty of guys who would settle for what you call ugly/unattractive/overweight, or to sum it up "less worthy".

Anyways, this article is not about the rape, but could help...

Bikinis Make Men See Women as Objects, Scans Confirm

If women knows what reaction they cause by wearing the bikini, isn't that reaction a reason why are they wearing it?
should we strive to unleash our inner Pygmalion for social purposes?

Thumbs in the eyeballs are a good way to stop a rape.

Knee to the groin, knee to the outside of the thigh, kick the outside of the knee....also can stop a rape.

Knife eedge of the hand to the trachea....a good way to stop the rape.

Cup your hand....like when you swim = and as hard as you can and with as much force and distance as you can in your swing -----> Slap the ear. They will drop like a rock. ( This needs to be done with speed or when the assailent is not expecting it to prevent the hit from being blocked ).

A small portion of rapist......key word a small portion will break off their assault, when they loose physical and or psychologial control, versus the female whom only closes her eyes, turns her head and crys.

Shadow 355

You don't need weapon
All you needed is attitude.

I used to live 5 mins from SE Dc. I was a thin, attractive white-girl, never was bothered, not even once.
Never had a weapon.
So, either it was attitude or it was God.

Attitude and a pistol is a lot better than just attitude.....

God gave you the attitude...and your guardian angel probably did the rest......

The studies do show that rapists don't go for provacativly dressed women, they do actually target women who have low confidence, as shown in their body language.

And now we have one who believes "guardian angels" protect women from being raped??? Not only is that bogus, it is also pretty rotten.

Please...I was being funny......she said she was able to walk in really bad places and not get raped.......anyone who takes their lives in their hands like that is just lucky, not smart...

Thumbs in the eyeballs are a good way to stop a rape.

Knee to the groin, knee to the outside of the thigh, kick the outside of the knee....also can stop a rape.

Knife eedge of the hand to the trachea....a good way to stop the rape.

Cup your hand....like when you swim = and as hard as you can and with as much force and distance as you can in your swing -----> Slap the ear. They will drop like a rock. ( This needs to be done with speed or when the assailent is not expecting it to prevent the hit from being blocked ).

A small portion of rapist......key word a small portion will break off their assault, when they loose physical and or psychologial control, versus the female whom only closes her eyes, turns her head and crys.

Shadow 355

You don't need weapon
All you needed is attitude.

I used to live 5 mins from SE Dc. I was a thin, attractive white-girl, never was bothered, not even once.
Never had a weapon.
So, either it was attitude or it was God.

Attitude and a pistol is a lot better than just attitude.....

God gave you the attitude...and your guardian angel probably did the rest......

The studies do show that rapists don't go for provacativly dressed women, they do actually target women who have low confidence, as shown in their body language.

It has nothing to do with God or angels or provocative dressing or any of that. It has to do with LUCK. Some people happen to be at the wrong at the wrong time where a RAPIST is present. :rolleyes-41: Stop spreading your stupid fairy tales and lies.

You get the benefit of not understanding my post.......and then we'll try again....

...Yes; it is my final answer. I have a Bible and several religions for moral support. I already know those of the opposing view have nothing but fallacy. So, Job 34:30 applies.
So, rather than honestly meet the challenge of the 3:00 AM mode-of-dress scenario...

The honest addressing of such would result in a reinforcing of the concept that provocative dress may, indeed, make a difference, in such scenarios...

Your final answer is to weasel-out of the challenge by asking what the woman is doing on the street at 3:00 AM, rather than choosing modest dress vs. provocative...

And that, after being given a second chance to change your mind, and to answer the challenge honestly...

Your unwillingness to provide a straightforward and common-sense answer to that question smacks of intellectual cowardice...

My condolences.

...Yes; it is my final answer. I have a Bible and several religions for moral support. I already know those of the opposing view have nothing but fallacy. So, Job 34:30 applies.
So, rather than honestly meet the challenge of the 3:00 AM mode-of-dress scenario...

The honest addressing of such would result in a reinforcing of the concept that provocative dress may, indeed, make a difference, in such scenarios...

Your final answer is to weasel-out of the challenge by asking what the woman is doing on the street at 3:00 AM, rather than choosing modest dress vs. provocative...

And that, after being given a second chance to change your mind, and to answer the challenge honestly...

Your unwillingness to provide a straightforward and common-sense answer to that question smacks of intellectual cowardice...

My condolences.
condolences for what?

you are the one with nothing but diversion.

why do you believe my scenario would not work with recourse to religious freedom via our First Amendment, and a no contest of Jurisdiction by the public sector?

My condolences.
condolences for what?

why do you believe my scenario would not work with recourse to religious freedom via our First Amendment, and a no contest of Jurisdiction by the public sector?
The original challenge was served-up here...

Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...' | Page 88 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Your earliest post in this sequence was a lame attempt to address the 3:00 AM scenario, and choices of manner of dress, in connection with potential for rape.

You appear to have responded with nothing but nonsense ever since.

The question was simple; namely, would a person stand more chance of being raped, while being dressed modestly, or provocatively.

You have evaded and dodged and squirmed and twisted in the wind, carefully avoiding the serving-up of a straight answer.

Once you have chosen to engage, such unworthy evasion is highly indicative of Intellectual Cowardice.

And, for that, you have my condolences.

Last edited:
condolences for what?

i did address that very scenario with a social and religious perspective.

condolences for what?

What the hell are you babbling about?

You were asked whether a modestly-dressed woman or a provocatively-dressed woman was more likely to be raped in that 3:00 AM scenario.

I have no idea what-the-hell Religious Freedom or First Amendment or Jurisdictions have to do with a simple answer of (1) "modestly-dressed" or (2) "provocatively-dressed" .

Good; we are getting somewhere. Rejection is not refutation via sound reasoning.

Good; we are getting somewhere. Rejection is not refutation via sound reasoning.

Is there a psychiatrist in the house?
confused_smile.gif

condolences for what?

What the hell are you babbling about?

You were asked whether a modestly-dressed woman or a provocatively-dressed woman was more likely to be raped in that 3:00 AM scenario.

I have no idea what-the-hell Religious Freedom or First Amendment or Jurisdictions have to do with a simple answer of (1) "modestly-dressed" or (2) "provocatively-dressed" .

There are insufficient variables in your scenario. Please clarify:
Was it a full moon?
Is she walking on left or right side of street?
Is she maybe heading East?
What she had for dinner last night? What about night before?
Sunglasses on?
Is her purse on left or right shoulder?

If you want straight answer, you can't omit any of important details.

Forum List

Back