CDZ Women should embrace both owning and carrying guns as acts of personal empowerment.

We agree, however the argument was that it purchasing a gun is less regulated than purchasing a car, which is BS.

A car can be purchased without a license or registering it with the Federal Government or a State. A gun cannot be, so the claim, as baseless as it is, that a gun is easier to purchase is unadulterated bullshit.

A car can be purchased without a 3 day waiting period or a background check, a gun cannot. So the claim that a gun is easier to purchase than a car is again, unadulterated bullshit.

So if the LEFT wants a gun to be as equally hard to purchase as a car, I'M ALL FOR IT!

It simply means, there would BE FAR FEWER RESTRICTIONS ON THE PURCHASE OF A GUN!

If that's what they want, I am ready to oblige!

Chris L vs. Pop….mental midget wrestling.

So I take it you came back for more.

Doubling down on retarded?

You spent all day arguing with someone who essentially agrees with you so I think calling you retarded in return would actually be a compliment and give you something to shoot for. LOL

Then there is this:

3-year-old girl accidentally shoots pregnant mother from backseat of car: Police

View attachment 188842

Another reason to not have a gun in the house (although this happened in the car; it could have easily been the residence). You may be the pinnacle of competence…is your kid? Is her/his friends? What about your guests?

Line up with your personal insults, moronic commentary, BS links…. Facts are not your friends.

Look, if you feel you are too irresponsible or too stupid to own a gun, that is fine. Nobody is even asking you to own a weapon. :dunno:

The guy—FBI agent—who lead the task force that killed John Dillinger and took down most of his crew died while cleaning his weapon.
You introduce a gun into your environment, your chances of dying due to that one lone data point increase.

The data confirms that. If you’re too stupid to understand that; buy two.

Infinitesimal risk is infinitesimal

You have more of a chance dying getting out of bed than by cleaning a gun

I have always enjoyed target practice, probably because I have a natural skill for aim. For entertainment value, I prefer archery. Either way, it's always fun to encounter men who want to patronize me and assume I don't know which end of the weapon to point. Come to that, my natural aim also makes me quite good at pool, and it's never a good night out without letting some ass napkin explain ALL about what I'm doing wrong and how I "should" be playing, and then running the rest of the table on him.

As you can imagine, I don't have a lot of tolerance for men who want to treat my femaleness as though it were a birth defect.

Okay but you did raise the question of "which end of the weapon to point". You know we guys are permanently glued to one end of a weapon that always points to famales. Do you know what level of dilemmas this can cause? A considerable point.

I always assumed the weight of the penis pulls on the brain stem, and that's why men act dumb. :D

I love this physical model. Yes, the entire situation is pretty hard on us and our entire lives. Hard and heavy. And you women just make it even harder on us. Now what shall we do?

I don't know what to tell you about that. I consider my job, vis a vis my menfolk, to be making their lives better. Sometimes, that requires jerking a knot in their tails. But I try not to expect anything from them that's unreasonable. No mind reading acts required.

I wonder what American women think of visual arts? From what I can see, most of us men appreciate the curvy looks even more than sex. Some of my friends appreciate the woodwork of their rifles in all its shapes and carvings too, as if it was a woman. I know a few friends who married because of the shapes of their wives and not sex. Do American women love their shapes? Do they make their men love their shapes? A little bit like loving your rifle that is all hand made and in perfect shape?

As far as I can tell, American women seem allergic to the idea of liking ANYTHING about themselves, and certainly to admitting that they like anything about themselves.

We agree, however the argument was that it purchasing a gun is less regulated than purchasing a car, which is BS.

A car can be purchased without a license or registering it with the Federal Government or a State. A gun cannot be, so the claim, as baseless as it is, that a gun is easier to purchase is unadulterated bullshit.

A car can be purchased without a 3 day waiting period or a background check, a gun cannot. So the claim that a gun is easier to purchase than a car is again, unadulterated bullshit.

So if the LEFT wants a gun to be as equally hard to purchase as a car, I'M ALL FOR IT!

It simply means, there would BE FAR FEWER RESTRICTIONS ON THE PURCHASE OF A GUN!

You spent all day arguing with someone who essentially agrees with you so I think calling you retarded in return would actually be a compliment and give you something to shoot for. LOL

Then there is this:

3-year-old girl accidentally shoots pregnant mother from backseat of car: Police

View attachment 188842

Another reason to not have a gun in the house (although this happened in the car; it could have easily been the residence). You may be the pinnacle of competence…is your kid? Is her/his friends? What about your guests?

Line up with your personal insults, moronic commentary, BS links…. Facts are not your friends.

Look, if you feel you are too irresponsible or too stupid to own a gun, that is fine. Nobody is even asking you to own a weapon. :dunno:

The guy—FBI agent—who lead the task force that killed John Dillinger and took down most of his crew died while cleaning his weapon.
You introduce a gun into your environment, your chances of dying due to that one lone data point increase.

The only way anyone dies in a mountain climbing accident is when a mountain is climbed.

Data backs that up.

Do you enjoy looking simple, or are you that simple?

Last edited:
Guns are not the only answer. Think of how many crimes against women would be prevented if all girls were taught martial arts. This would severely cut down on domestic violence as well as street violence. One of the most prepared woman I have ever known is less than 5' tall and has a black belt. She can put anyone on his ass, even someone over 6'.

Sure, even if he has a gun

Ever heard the saying “he brought a knife to a gun fight”

A gun might be useful against an armed assailant. But many who attack women are not armed. They may be acquaintances, boyfriends, husbands who are not armed with anything but a nasty temper. Guns may be a useful tool to have in a home invasion, but don't pretend that guns are the entire answer. Educate all girls and women in martial arts. A simple flip might be enough to keep Mr. Over-Amorous or Raging Nasty Boy away. There were a couple of times that I'd wished that I knew how to do it. Women must be taught how to fight, in general, and not discouraged by anyone from doing it. Our society has always trained girls from their earliest years to be wimps and act only as terrified prey. Time to change this sickness.
Describe in detail how 5', 110lb woman could defend herself against a dude I know. He is 6'5", about 300lbs, and thinks nothing of carrying a 125lb beer keg in each hand, moving a 3500lb pallet of beer with a manual pallet jack, picking up a mounted semi tractor tire one-handed, or LIFTING his camper's 700+lb tongue onto the trailer hitch.

Nobody has claimed that they are the "entire answer" anyways. That would be a strawman. Sometimes if you strike the assailant, you will make him even MORE angry and it wouldn't be a very nice outcome for the woman. This poster seems to think that attackers are "amorous boys." That is being completely naive.

Being faced with an evil person who means you harm is never a good situation. Facing him while completely helpless is certainly not an improvement.

In order to make gun ownership like car ownership, they would have to REMOVE the 2nd amendment from the constitution. That is not going to happen.

Then there is this:

View attachment 188842

You mean with close to 600 million guns in private hands....and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense....with a grand total of 495 accidental gun deaths...you think you have a persuasive argument? Considering that cars accidentally killed over 38,000 people in the same year?

If you have a car and a gun, get rid of the gun...as long as you aren't a criminal, a drug or alcohol abuser or mentally ill, that gun isn't going to be a problem...

Then there is this:

View attachment 188842

No, the data do not confirm that ..... again 600,000,000 guns in private hands.... 495 accidental gun deaths in 2016..... 38,000 accidental car deaths.

Here is a list...notice how few deaths due to guns? Look at how many people Gravity killed in 2016, and you worry about guns?

And keep in mind, Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent rapes, robberies and murders...those are lives saved.....so even with 495 accidents, the lives saved by normal people with guns far outweighs the accidents...

Do you prefer that women are raped and murdered? Do you prefer law abiding people are murdered and robbed than they stop the attack with a gun?

Do you think those 1,500,000 violent criminal attacks won't happen if those normal people don't have their legal guns?

You should think more deeply on this before you post.....

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786

Then there is this:

View attachment 188842

No, the data do not confirm that ..... again 600,000,000 guns in private hands.... 495 accidental gun deaths in 2016..... 38,000 accidental car deaths.

Here is a list...notice how few deaths due to guns? Look at how many people Gravity killed in 2016, and you worry about guns?

And keep in mind, Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent rapes, robberies and murders...those are lives saved.....so even with 495 accidents, the lives saved by normal people with guns far outweighs the accidents...

Do you prefer that women are raped and murdered? Do you prefer law abiding people are murdered and robbed than they stop the attack with a gun?

Do you think those 1,500,000 violent criminal attacks won't happen if those normal people don't have their legal guns?

You should think more deeply on this before you post.....

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786
Liberals are scared of US because they cant come into our houses and take what they think is theirs. As long as the 2nd amendment protects US, the liberals will hate US and our guns. As soon as the guns are taken away, those fockers will be raping, robbing and destroying what is ours...

So....if you have it your way, more women will be raped and murdered each year......that is what you prefer...right?

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

Selection bias. Your test-takers are, mostly, those who are, simply, BAD DRIVERS. I expect I could pass easily (probably with a perfect score). I took the CDL written test...hadn't touched a CDL study guide in probably ten years, went in with no prep at all.

I missed one question out of twenty.

They aren't as select as you think ... I specifically mentioned allowing parents of students in the class to take the test.
This became common when a mother was drilling her daughter to prep for the exam ... And the instructor bet the mother the daughter would do better than she could.

The daughter passed ... The mother failed.
Since then we make that opportunity available to people who are just curious.

Plus ... You referred to a CDL license ... To administer the actual driving test, you have to have a CDL license.
I would expect any CDL license holder to have a better understanding of our roadways, and regulations than any common driver.

There's no need to argue ... You can believe whatever makes you feel safer on the roads.

The law certainly expects CDL holders to have a better grasp of driving and regulations than common drivers. The restrictions and penalties for a CDL holder, even if he is driving a regular car, are much higher than for those with a regular operator's license.

You want all the links to when children are killed getting run over by cars?

Where’s your outrage?

You really are simple

Again, if you want to place the same restrictions on gun owners that we place on car owners sign me up.

This means you have to take your gun to a mechanic once a year for inspection
Register your gun
Carry liability insurance
etc….

Sound good to you 2aguy?

Where’s your outrage?

You really are simple

Again, if you want to place the same restrictions on gun owners that we place on car owners sign me up.

Register your gun
etc….

Sound good to you 2aguy?

You have obviously mistaken us for people who want to place restrictions on guns, and are eagerly volunteering to find some, because we are eagerly vying for your approval.

Again, if YOU want to place restrictions on gun owners, you need to show some solid proof it will create a substantial improvement, and CONVINCE us you're right, not merely assume that you're in a position to make demands.

Where’s your outrage?

You really are simple

Register your gun
etc….

Sound good to you 2aguy?

And again....owning and carrying a gun is a Right...I get it that left wingers such as yourselves do not understand the concept of Rights....but we have them...which means you don't get to charge us a fee to exercise the Right to own and carry a gun, and you can't enforce a Literacy Test for owning and carrying a gun......this is supported by the Constitution, and Supreme Court decisions...

Where’s your outrage?

You really are simple

Register your gun
etc….

Sound good to you 2aguy?

Here....read and learn...

guns are not cars...

Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105 (1943)

4. A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113.

5. The flat license tax here involved restrains in advance the Constitutional liberties of press and religion, and inevitably tends to suppress their exercise. P. 319 U. S. 114.

6. That the ordinance is "nondiscriminatory," in that it applies also to peddlers of wares and merchandise, is immaterial. The liberties guaranteed by the First Amendment are in a preferred position. P. 319 U. S. 115.

7. Since the privilege in question is guaranteed by the Federal Constitution, and exists independently of state authority, the inquiry as to whether the State has given something for which it can ask a return is irrelevant. P. 319 U. S. 115.

8. A community may not suppress, or the State tax, the dissemination of views because they are unpopular, annoying, or distasteful. P. 319 U. S. 116.

------

Page 319 U. S. 108

The First Amendment, which the Fourteenth makes applicable to the states, declares that

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press . . ."

It could hardly be denied that a tax laid specifically on the exercise of those freedoms would be unconstitutional. Yet the license tax imposed by this ordinance is, in substance, just th

Where’s your outrage?

You really are simple

Register your gun
etc….

Sound good to you 2aguy?

And again....owning and carrying a gun is a Right...I get it that left wingers such as yourselves do not understand the concept of Rights....but we have them...which means you don't get to charge us a fee to exercise the Right to own and carry a gun, and you can't enforce a Literacy Test for owning and carrying a gun......this is supported by the Constitution, and Supreme Court decisions...

Pop is the one equating the two. Perhaps you should debate him….

Where’s your outrage?

You really are simple

Register your gun
etc….

Sound good to you 2aguy?

Any test on a Right is no different from the Literacy Test that democrats used to keep Blacks from voting...

Literacy test - Wikipedia

A literacy test assesses a person's literacy skills: their ability to read and write. Literacy tests have been administered by various governments to immigrants, and in the United States between the 1850s[1] and 1960s, literacy tests were also administered to prospective voters and used to disenfranchise African Americans and others.

We already know from Europe that any test for gun ownership will be used to prevent the exercise of 2nd Amendment protected Rights, as the tests will be used to prevent owning and carrying a gun...

Forum List

Back