World economy on thin ice - U.N. blames US

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
May 15, 2008: 10:36 PM EDT

UNITED NATIONS (AP) -- The U.N. says the world economy is "teetering on the brink" of a severe downturn and will grow by only 1.8 percent in 2008.

That's down from a global growth rate of 3.8 percent in 2007.

The U.N.'s mid-year economic projections released Thursday blamed the downturn on further deterioration in the U.S. housing and financial sectors in the first quarter.

The U.N. said the U.S. problems are expected to continue to be "a major drag for the world economy" into 2009. It forecast global economic growth of 2.1 percent next year.

more ... http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/15/news/international/global_economy.ap/index.htm?cnn=yes

As I always say: F*ck the UN and f*ck the world. We should withdraw from the UN, kick their asses out of OUR country, and let "the world" take care of itself. Damned ingrates.

As I always say: F*ck the UN and f*ck the world. We should withdraw from the UN, kick their asses out of OUR country, and let "the world" take care of itself. Damned ingrates.

Calm down. I would say that is one poorly crafted article.

The word "blamed" is used as a synonym for "attributed" rather than "faulted".

Calm down. I would say that is one poorly crafted article.

The word "blamed" is used as a synonym for "attributed" rather than "faulted".

I'm perfectly calm. I consider the Useless N just that -- just another level of bumbling bureaucrats that accomplish little to nothing, and I could care less about an ungrateful "world" that once the threat of Soviet expansion was gone and they no longer needed us to cover their asses, do nothing but accuse and shame us no matter what we do.

And no, it is NOT because of Bush. That's partisan bullshit. It's because we're on top. It amounts to nothing more than penis-envy.

Well, we have plenty of problems within our own borders that need to be addressed. We need to take care of our own first.

I'm perfectly calm. I consider the Useless N just that -- just another level of bumbling bureaucrats that accomplish little to nothing, and I could care less about an ungrateful "world" that once the threat of Soviet expansion was gone and they no longer needed us to cover their asses, do nothing but accuse and shame us no matter what we do.

And no, it is NOT because of Bush. That's partisan bullshit. It's because we're on top. It amounts to nothing more than penis-envy.

Well, we have plenty of problems within our own borders that need to be addressed. We need to take care of our own first.

Exactly.
But do watch out for China and the new "Russia" though!

The United States of America is not the same country that are boys are fighting for. It is not the same Free country that our founding fathers founded. If you could go back and ask them if this is what they wanted I am sure they will be disgusted.

The UN is the promblem. They used us and now showing their true colors.

But our foudners were Masonic men.

Unless the super devil aliens didn't like the American branch of Masonry they should be connected with the Illuminati. Come on man, keep your Loontalk straight.

Talk about your agendas and revised history in public.

If you are to save the world, the world has a right to know everything their savior wants to save it from.

UNITED NATIONS (AP) -- The U.N. says the world economy is "teetering on the brink" of a severe downturn and will grow by only 1.8 percent in 2008.

The U.N.'s mid-year economic projections released Thursday blamed the downturn on further deterioration in the U.S. housing and financial sectors in the first quarter.

The U.N. said the U.S. problems are expected to continue to be "a major drag for the world economy" into 2009. It forecast global economic growth of 2.1 percent next year.

Interpretation:
The world will now have to get off their asses and work. We've been propping them all up for decades, time to stand on their own.

Of course it's the fault of the USA, the worlds biggest economy goes tits up, the rest of the world follows, we are treading water here, slowly drowning and until your government turns it around it will continue.Maybe it will take someone like Mr Obama to do this?

Interpretation:
The world will now have to get off their asses and work. We've been propping them all up for decades, time to stand on their own.

Get your head out of your arse you fucking idiot, learn about world politics.

Of course it's the fault of the USA, the worlds biggest economy goes tits up, the rest of the world follows, we are treading water here, slowly drowning and until your government turns it around it will continue.Maybe it will take someone like Mr Obama to do this?

What's he going to do? Should he be elected, he will conform to the machine -- the Washington bureaucracy -- or it will spit him out. He isn't going to do squat.

What's he going to do? Should he be elected, he will conform to the machine -- the Washington bureaucracy -- or it will spit him out. He isn't going to do squat.

Can he do any worse than shit creek Bush has you floating up?

A black president in the USA would make a world wide statement, good times ahead, imo.

Get your head out of your arse you fucking idiot, learn about world politics.

Politics is illusion. Economics runs the world. It's no accident that we are going through this adjustment and the rest of the world will just have to ride it out with us, like it or not. Pay back is hell.

Politics is illusion. Economics runs the world. It's no accident that we are going through this adjustment and the rest of the world will just have to ride it out with us, like it or not. Pay back is hell.

Payback? Payback for what exactly you fucking idiot? And do you think economics and politics have nothing to do with one another? fucking idiot.

I think you said that perfectly. I'll add that the world appears to me to be growing more dangerous by the moment. A unique opportunity in the mature 'leadership' of US. We should back off. Let Europe deal with the awakening Bear; let Japan deal with the Panda. I'd say we might be quicker to help Japan than the other, but heh, that's me.

Time to sit down with Israel. Make a choice. Want a different locale? No? Then deal with what you must. Whatever form it takes. Just have it contained within 5-10 years. Tell the UN we're done. Pay full rate, including tickets or go somewhere else.

A black president in the USA would make a world wide statement, good times ahead, imo.

Roomy, love you, but why should our elections make A WORLD WIDE STATEMENT? That shouldn't be our goal.

and when we ride 'high,' the 'world' decries our decadence.

Gunny

Its no different than what the IMF, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, and many others have stated.

Forum List

Back