World's Largest BBQ competition will consume my weekend.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
American Royal World Series
Kansas City, MO, is home to “The World Series of Barbecue,” the world’s largest BBQ competition -- with 500 teams competing and 70,000 spectators.
A 25 dollar pit pass buys you enough samples from contestants to feed a small family.

The smoke & the smell is DIVINE

Kansas City, MO, is home to “The World Series of Barbecue,” the world’s largest BBQ competition -- with 500 teams competing and 70,000 spectators.
A 25 dollar pit pass buys you enough samples from contestants to feed a small family.

Sounds great, I hope the potato salad equals the BBQ!

Sounds awesome!!

Enjoy!!

DSC_0003.jpg

There better be plenty of terlits..

Sounds great, I hope the potato salad equals the BBQ!
The beans & nitrogen ice cream are great too.

I f-word love BBQ cook offs! I also love trying the many different styles of slaw from the booths. Have fun and good luck!

Last edited:
are you competing or just eating?
Cooking & eating but not competing.
Tonight & tomorrow are the pros. Then tomorrow & Sunday over a thousand amateurs & 700 judges.
I have always wanted to enter a competition. Cooking is my hobby. Grilling is my passion.
I will enter one, one day. Probably not one that big though lol

Rib Fest is going on this weekend in Pittsburgh as well. I plan on heading down for lunch on Monday. Beer and BBQ!

are you competing or just eating?
Cooking & eating but not competing.
Tonight & tomorrow are the pros. Then tomorrow & Sunday over a thousand amateurs & 700 judges.
I have always wanted to enter a competition. Cooking is my hobby. Grilling is my passion.
I will enter one, one day. Probably not one that big though lol
You should at least goto one of these. The smell is a once in a lifetime never wanna shower again urge

Rib Fest is going on this weekend in Pittsburgh as well. I plan on heading down for lunch on Monday. Beer and BBQ!
Monday I'll be going to President Truman's home for Turkey legs. Every year they hold Santicaligon days here.
Last year I went to Irish Fest instead.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Forum List

Back