Worst of times

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Two and a half months ago the virus killed our jobs. 10's of thousands down the tubes for me personally. Then a few days ago my truck lost power and I had to have it towed to the shop. Yesterday morning I got the call that cylinders 2 & 4 had less than 40% compression. Now this morning the police department calls me at 3am telling me that my jobs box lid has been pryed open and the box was empty and wondering if I left it that way...

Worst 3 months of my entire adult life

The smaller a biz you are, the higher the impact Gramps

Most trades saw their early spring prospects fizzle , then waited a month before any response of relief was offered, most of which had Sisyphean bureaucratic hoops.

Even for those who did make good, CARES , ELUI , PUA ,et all 'economic relief' amounted to a pittance of what sm biz would normally pull down

The end result? We've had to work the entire pandemic, looking over our shoulders for big bro. This was not an option for most of us

And all at the hands of people in power who WE pay for parroting 'We're all in this together'

~S~

Two and a half months ago the virus killed our jobs. 10's of thousands down the tubes for me personally. Then a few days ago my truck lost power and I had to have it towed to the shop. Yesterday morning I got the call that cylinders 2 & 4 had less than 40% compression. Now this morning the police department calls me at 3am telling me that my jobs box lid has been pryed open and the box was empty and wondering if I left it that way...

General Discussion.

Here's the problem I have with your sorry ass fucking OP, gramps.

"Two and a half months ago the virus killed our jobs."

What you should have started out with is this.

"Two and a half months ago the POTUS killed our jobs."

Late to the table, late COVIF-19 Response killed your job and 40+ million American jobs.

General Discussion.

Late to the table, late COVIF-19 Response killed your job and 40+ million American jobs.
Christ dude, really?
Gotta make it political at any cost.....

You notice I didn't blame my leftist mayor? You notice I didn't blame the House for a fucked up stimulus bill? You notice that I didn't make ANY political inference to our current situation or my bad luck?

Not everything has to be looked at through a fucking partisan lense ya douche

How much will it cost you to replace your tools? That's awful. If it makes you feel any better. My car has been sitting broken down for 6 weeks. First time in my entire life I haven't had a car. I was just about ready to take it to my mechanic and he calls up and says don't bring it in. Why? because of the virus! I couldn't really take to someone else because it was a weird problem, that he knew about. beats me. Afraid to touch the car. Or wouldn't because he was classified as a used car dealer and gov ordered a shut down. No income coming in. Worst time in my life. I've taken up drinking and reading forums as a hobby. hang in there grampa.

General Discussion.

Christ dude, really?
Yes, really.
And no I don't.
Your Henchman in the Oval Office has. Defend DJT now, when you need a little help to get a leg up.

Here's the problem I have with your sorry ass fucking OP

But you see, Gramps and I are far from alone Mr Erinwltr, all us sorry ass fucking sm biz owners from sea to sorry ass fucking shinin' sea collectively assume an employment presence rivaling the sorry ass fucking fortune 5's themselves.....

So you see, by proxy a lot of sorry ass fucking folks will be in the unemployment line, because of our sorry ass fucking gub'mit response that used to work for some sorry ass fucking sm biz.

What most are thinking is to simply cut our sorry ass fucking tax man outta the sorry ass fucking loop these days , and further not vote for a single sorry ass fucking politician that had any sorry ass fucking hand in this whole sorry ass fucking lockdown

How'd you like my sorry ass fucking response?

~S~

How much will it cost you to replace your tools? That's awful. If it makes you feel any better. My car has been sitting broken down for 6 weeks. First time in my entire life I haven't had a car. I was just about ready to take it to my mechanic and he calls up and says don't bring it in. Why? because of the virus! I couldn't really take to someone else because it was a weird problem, that he knew about. beats me. Afraid to touch the car. Or wouldn't because he was classified as a used car dealer and gov ordered a shut down. No income coming in. Worst time in my life. I've taken up drinking and reading forums as a hobby. hang in there grampa.
Thankfully most of my tools were not in the box. There were some very expensive plumbing tools still in the box but they are seldom used so the loss won't be an immediate impact at work.

But you see, Gramps and I are far from alone Mr Erinwltr, all us sorry ass fucking sm biz owners from sea to sorry ass fucking shinin' sea collectively assume an employment presence rivaling the sorry ass fucking fortune 5's themselves.....

So you see, by proxy a lot of sorry ass fucking folks will be in the unemployment line, because of our sorry ass fucking gub'mit response that used to work for some sorry ass fucking sm biz.

What most are thinking is to simply cut our sorry ass fucking tax man outta the sorry ass fucking loop these days , and further not vote for a single sorry ass fucking politician that had any sorry ass fucking hand in this whole sorry ass fucking lockdown

~S~
"So you see, by proxy a lot of sorry ass fucking folks will be in the unemployment line."

That was my point. Where is your, and gramps, leg up when all COVID-19 shit has gone to hell? Where is DJT leading the USA out of Depression 2020?

~S~
"So you see, by proxy a lot of sorry ass fucking folks will be in the unemployment line."

That was my point. Where is your, and gramps, leg up when all COVID-19 shit has gone to hell? Where is DJT leading the USA out of Depression 2020?
Your point is partisan , just as those who blamed Obama for the last crash

~S~

General Discussion.

Christ dude, really?

You notice I didn't blame my leftist mayor? You notice I didn't blame the House for a fucked up stimulus bill? You notice that I didn't make ANY political inference to our current situation or my bad luck?

"Two and a half months ago the virus killed our jobs"

I didn't have to notice anything leftist or partisan. You posted it. "leftist mayor" "the House" That's all I had to read about your comment. YOU did exactly what you deny.

General Discussion.

Christ dude, really?
Yes, really.
And no I don't.
Your Henchman in the Oval Office has. Defend DJT now, when you need a little help to get a leg up.
The POTUS didn't kill anybody's job you TDS afflicted moron.

I swear, TDS makes you people stupider by the day.

General Discussion.

Christ dude, really?

"Two and a half months ago the virus killed our jobs"

I didn't have to notice anything leftist or partisan. You posted it. "leftist mayor" "the House" That's all I had to read about your comment. YOU did exactly what you deny.
They were examples of what I could have said in my op but didn't. The op is what YOU took and twisted into your partisan bullshit.

You're an idiot and thats putting it politely

Good luck with your truck.
It's done. Has a quarter million hard miles on it so I'm gonna sell the tires and rims (only a year old) and sell the truck for whatever i can get out of it.
If you go to buy a good used truck I hope you can afford it. They are going for a premium because Obama and the Dems instituted the absolutely stupid $3billion cash for clunkers they destroyed thousands of good used work trucks. That was just one piece of their war on the working class.

They wanted to make them unaffordable so that people need to go in debt to buy a vehicle. One of Obama's ways of stealing from the working class to give to the rich bankers.

The big corporations could be the big winners from this absurd reaction to a virus. As small businesses die in record numbers, if that occurs, we will see an ever greater concentration of wealth into the hands of the 1%.

This all might result in the largest transfer or wealth and the greatest spike in income inequality ever witnessed.

This all makes very good fodder for conspiracy theories

Forum List

Back