Would a President Hillary enact Australia-style gun confiscation as she recommended last October?

As usual, the gun-rights-hating fanatics are trying desperately to shout, "No, no! She didn't really mean that! She meant, um, ah, something else!!!" Followed by frantic scrabbling to figure what else she might have meant.

Aren't these people a blast to watch?

Hell hath no fury like a bunch of leftist fanatics suddenly seeing their cherished ideas disproven and dying by the roadside.

For the record I own 4 guns.

Shhhhhh....Hillary reads this board

Why were gun businesses on the hit list of Operation Choke Point if Obama isn't anti-gun?
Do you think a fraud and money laundering operation should be excluded from a program to stop fraud and money laundering just because they sell guns?

Man, that would be seriously retarded. You aren't seriously retarded, are you? Please tell us you are just a parroting creduloid who doesn't investigate the facts and not a seriously retarded person.
If business is part of illegal fraud and money laundering, the the people involved should be arrested and prosecuted.

In like, say, an operation? Like, say, an operation called Operation Choke Point?

Hmmm...that's brilliant!

Selling guns does not make a business a money laundering operation,but selling guns does make it a target for Operation Choke Point.

Nope. Money laundering makes it a target for Operation Choke Point.

Duh!
You don't know what operation choke point did.
Not all gun sellers were targeted, and not all those targeted were gun sellers. In fact, most of them were payday lenders and companies that process credit and debit card transactions.

So I guess we're going to have to come down on the "seriously retarded" verdict in your case. That's a damn shame.
Yes, legal businesses on the Obamas' department of justice's bad list were at risk of having their bank accounts closed due to Operation Choke Point. It was a backdoor way of targeting businesses that were legal. Not for arresting anyone for doing anything illegal. By calling me retarded you are showing your ignorance.

Obama goon squads took my guns early in 2009
Mine too. They landed in our front yard in black helicopters and muscled their way into our house. They shouted, "You wanna' go to a FEMA camp or just hand over that gun instead?"
When leftist fanatics convincingly lose the debate, they usually start ranting hysterically.

It's been happening quite a lot recently. :lol:

Ranting hysterically at someone starting a "Hillary is going to take our guns" thread?
You got it all wrong... Hildabeast is going to TRY to take our guns... Lol

Ranting hysterically at someone starting a "Hillary is going to take our guns" thread?
Hillary made the suggestion. I just pointed out that fact. (See how much the liberals hate that?)

Unsurprisingly, little rightringer is trying to get people to stop talking about it, since he can't refute it or defend his support.

As usual, the gun-rights-hating fanatics are trying desperately to shout, "No, no! She didn't really mean that! She meant, um, ah, something else!!!" Followed by frantic scrabbling to figure what else she might have meant.

Hell hath no fury like a bunch of leftist fanatics suddenly seeing their cherished ideas disproven and dying by the roadside.

Buy more guns and ammo...

Stockholder?

Hillary made the suggestion. I just pointed out that fact. (See how much the liberals hate that?)

Unsurprisingly, little rightringer is trying to get people to stop talking about it, since he can't refute it or defend his support.

Its not a "suggestion"

it is a mandatory gun confiscation of the magnitude of the Great Obama Gun Confiscation

The "worth considering" remark has been taken out of context.

Clinton Praises Australian Gun Buyback Program

VOTER: Back to handguns. Recently, Australia managed to get away, or take away tens of thousands, millions of handguns. In one year, they were all gone. Can we do that? If we can’t, why can’t we?

HILLARY CLINTON: Australia is a good example, Canada is a good example, the U.K. is a good example. Why? Each of them have had mass killings. Australia had a huge mass killing about 20-25 years ago, Canada did as well, so did the U.K. In reaction, they passed much stricter gun laws.

In the Australian example, as I recall, that was a buyback program. The Australian government, as part of trying to clamp down on the availability of automatic weapons, offered a good price for buying hundreds of thousands of guns. Then, they basically clamped down, going forward, in terms of having more of a background check approach, more of a permitting approach, but they believe, and I think the evidence supports them, that by offering to buyback those guns, they were able to curtail the supply and set a different standard for gun purchases in the future.

Communities have done that in our country, several communities have done gun buyback programs. I think it would be worth considering doing it on the national level, if that could be arranged. After the terrible 2008 financial crisis, one of the programs that President Obama was able to get in place was Cash for Clunkers. You remember that? It was partially a way to get people to buy new cars because we wanted more economic activity, and to get old models that were polluting too much, off the roads. So I think that’s worth considering. I do not know enough detail to tell you how we would do it, or how would it work, but certainly your example is worth looking at.
Obama’s Economy In Action! Data Shows Cash For Clunkers Was An Epic Debacle

Last October, Hillary praised Australia's gun confiscation program, and said it would be worth taking a look at for this country.

In 1996 Australia passed laws requiring its subjects to turn in their guns. Though the government tried to disguise what they were doing by calling it a "purchase" or a "buyback program", the subject had no choice in the matter. People who didn't want to turn in their gun, faced fines or imprisonment, and lost their gun anyway. And it was hardly a "purchase", which implies that the "seller" was a willing participant. If he's being forced to give up his property against his will, it's either confiscation or theft, regardless of the thief sticking money in his pocket afterward.

And calling it a "buyback program", is even more disingenuous, implying that the government owned the gun in the past and thus had some right to it.

Last October, Hillary said that such a program is "worth considering" in the U.S. She carefully didn't mention that the 2nd amendment flatly forbids such a thing.

If she becomes President, is there any reason to believe she won't do what she said she wanted to do? Lying and illegality has never bothered her before, why would they now?

--------------------------------------------------

Hillary: Australia-style gun control ‘worth looking at’

by Bradford Richardson
October 16, 2015, 02:46 pm

Hillary Clinton says a gun buyback program similar to the one Australia implemented in 1996 is “worth considering” in the United States.

“I don’t know enough details to tell you how we would do it or how it would work, but certainly the Australia example is worth looking at,” Clinton said at a New Hampshire town hall on Friday.

The Democratic presidential front-runner said data indicate the Australian program reduced the number of firearms in circulation by paying citizens to turn over their weapons.

“The Australian government, as part of trying to clamp down on the availability of automatic weapons, offered a good price for buying hundreds of thousands of guns, and then they basically clamped down going forward in terms of having, you know, more of a background-check approach, more of a permitting approach,” Clinton said.

After two terms of predicting President Obama would seize your guns, I guess its only natural the right wing nut jobs would have to stop claiming President Obama is going to seize the guns and start claiming President Clinton will.

They have to fearmonger about what isn't going to happen because the rightwing agenda in reality simply isn't as popular politically as the liberal agenda,

and that is the equation for losing presidential elections.

It's a good thing liberals never fear monger.

you fucking idiotic partisan hacks just need to go away and leave the rest of us alone.

Is that what passes for a brilliant rebuttal in your end of the trailer park?

Even if Clinton wanted to confiscate our guns in a mandatory buyback program, she'd never be able to get such a plan passed in the US. Not matter how much she wanted to, and no matter how many more schoolkids get slaughtered.
If a so called "buyback program" was to be tried, millions would die on all sides. Because anyone knows a buyback program absolutely would never work, it would just bring more death just like more laws equal more crime…

We've already had dozens of buyback programs in this country, dimwit. Read a paper or something once in a while.

Last October, Hillary praised Australia's gun confiscation program, and said it would be worth taking a look at for this country.

In 1996 Australia passed laws requiring its subjects to turn in their guns. Though the government tried to disguise what they were doing by calling it a "purchase" or a "buyback program", the subject had no choice in the matter. People who didn't want to turn in their gun, faced fines or imprisonment, and lost their gun anyway. And it was hardly a "purchase", which implies that the "seller" was a willing participant. If he's being forced to give up his property against his will, it's either confiscation or theft, regardless of the thief sticking money in his pocket afterward.

And calling it a "buyback program", is even more disingenuous, implying that the government owned the gun in the past and thus had some right to it.

Last October, Hillary said that such a program is "worth considering" in the U.S. She carefully didn't mention that the 2nd amendment flatly forbids such a thing.

If she becomes President, is there any reason to believe she won't do what she said she wanted to do? Lying and illegality has never bothered her before, why would they now?

by Bradford Richardson

Hillary Clinton says a gun buyback program similar to the one Australia implemented in 1996 is “worth considering” in the United States.

“I don’t know enough details to tell you how we would do it or how it would work, but certainly the Australia example is worth looking at,” Clinton said at a New Hampshire town hall on Friday.

The Democratic presidential front-runner said data indicate the Australian program reduced the number of firearms in circulation by paying citizens to turn over their weapons.

“The Australian government, as part of trying to clamp down on the availability of automatic weapons, offered a good price for buying hundreds of thousands of guns, and then they basically clamped down going forward in terms of having, you know, more of a background-check approach, more of a permitting approach,” Clinton said.

I think you should take out home loans to buy more guns .. just in case.

Hillary will not have to confiscate the guns

Martial-Law.jpg

by Bradford Richardson

After two terms of predicting President Obama would seize your guns, I guess its only natural the right wing nut jobs would have to stop claiming President Obama is going to seize the guns and start claiming President Clinton will.

They have to fearmonger about what isn't going to happen because the rightwing agenda in reality simply isn't as popular politically as the liberal agenda,

and that is the equation for losing presidential elections.

It's a good thing liberals never fear monger.

you fucking idiotic partisan hacks just need to go away and leave the rest of us alone.

Is that what passes for a brilliant rebuttal in your end of the trailer park?

LOL moron says what?

Martial-Law.jpg
When leftist fanatics convincingly lose the debate, they usually start ranting hysterically like this.

It's been happening quite a lot recently.... especially in this thread. :lol:

Lost what debate? We've had dozens of gun buybacks in this country. Your doomsday scenario hasn't materialized.

btw, you don't own any guns do you?

Martial-Law.jpg
When leftist fanatics convincingly lose the debate, they usually start ranting hysterically like this.

Its your lame OP

I am merely reminding my fellow posters that we have seen it all before

Rinse/Repeat

Question: Sec Clinton, what do you think of the Australian buyback program
Clinton: May be worth looking at

RW Nutjobs: Hillary is going to take our GUNS!

Last edited:

Martial-Law.jpg

It was an absurd joke about an absurd OP, acorn. No one is coming for your guns. I'm looking for a hand gun for my daughter presently. Her first weapon, so all things being equal, imo, a revolver is easier to use and needs little maintenance. My arthritis prevents me from shooting anything over a 9mm or .38+p, but I've never tried a .40. I believe there are a few .40 cal revolvers, but I haven't looked in ten years.

Stockholder?
Dealer

Forum List

Back