Would it be wise politically for trump to take marijuana off the list of controlled substances

Aponi

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2018
Lets face it marajuana is on the federal controlled substance list with herion and cocaine and i think most of us know thats bull shit.
I dont use it but have been told it can help me with diabetic retinopathy by my doctor.
I have not considered it even with it being medically legal in fl due to standards i hold my employees to.
But I support it being legal.what do you think

There are some jobs that should be prohibited from cannabis use.
pilots
train engineers
truck drivers
stuff like that

pilots
train engineers
truck drivers
stuff like that

I agree on that . many of my customers want my employees drug tested as its a controlled substance I have little choice .myself as long as they are not high at work im ok with it .

Lets face it marajuana is on the federal controlled substance list with herion and cocaine and i think most of us know thats bull shit.
I dont use it but have been told it can help me with diabetic retinopathy by my doctor.
I have not considered it even with it being medically legal in fl due to standards i hold my employees to.

You know, the last 8 years I was in the military, one of my collateral duties was that of a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor. And, out of all the stuff that they gave me on marijuana, I could never figure out why it was illegal. Granted, it is an intoxicant, but there are no physical symptoms of addiction of any kind. To tell you the truth, alcohol is much more addictive and damaging to the human body than cannabis is.

Then, after I retired, I spent 6 months getting my hands on all the medical research I could about marijuana. Out of all that research, again, nothing could show me why it was considered a Schedule I drug by the government. So, I finally decided to do the ultimate experiment and see how it affected me.

Well, after seeing how I felt if I smoked daily all day for a couple of weeks, I suddenly stopped. All that I noticed is that I was no longer stoned. There were no shakes, no nausea, or any kind of physical withdrawl at all. Try that with alcohol, drinking a case of beer a day for 2 weeks straight, and then suddenly stopping. You will end up with the DT's, possibly even bad enough to kill you.

Then, CO legalized it for recreational use, so I started taking trips up there to check it out. Along the way, I met many veterans who had come back from the wars in the ME, and the VA had them on 10 to 15 pills PER DAY. When CO legalized it for recreational, many of the vets had heard how it helped out with PTSD, and started to try it for themselves. Almost all of them were able to reduce their medications from the VA down to 1 or 2 pills, or in some cases, they were able to get off them all together. They also said they got healthier because marijuana didn't give them all the side effects the prescriptions did.

And, if you have VICE channel on your cable provider, I recommend educating yourself about marijuana by watching a show called "Weedequette". It shows many different people and the many different reasons they use marijuana. One show, they profiled a heroin rehab that was using marijuana, THC oils, and edibles to help wean people off of opiates. They did that because when people are coming off of heroin, they have body aches, nausea, and are very twitchy and nervous. Know what a really good Indica does? Relieves body pain, stimulates your appetite and reduces nausea, as well as calms you down to the point where you can sleep. Their success rate? They were operating at around 60 percent success for getting people off of opiates. Usually the success rate is in the single digits only.

Do I support legalization of marijuana? You bet. Not only am I supportive of it because of all the things it can do, but I also think the reason it was made illegal in the first place was wrong. Marijuana was made illegal by some idiot named Anslinger because he had a thing against black and brown people (the primary users of marijuana), and was looking for a way to lock them up. I recommend watching the documentary "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson some time. It teaches you a lot about the reasons why it was made illegal.

pilots
train engineers
truck drivers
stuff like that

I agree on that . many of my customers want my employees drug tested as its a controlled substance I have little choice .myself as long as they are not high at work im ok with it .

There is only one problem with that. Marijuana is a "tattle tale drug", meaning that traces of it can be left in your system long after the intoxicating effects have worn off. THC is stored by the body in fat cells, so how long it stays in your system depends a great deal on your body fat and metabolism rate. If you are skinny and have a high metabolism? It might be gone after a week and a half to three weeks. If you have a slow metabolism and a high body fat percentage? It could be detected in your urine up to 45 days later after use.

Current drug tests for marijuana can't tell if a person is intoxicated or not, just if the person has used in the past month or so. The only reliable way to tell if a person is intoxicated on marijuana is to give them a field sobriety test.

Legalize marijuana. Gather all the addicts up and warehouse them. Give them all the marijuana they can stand until they peacefully pass on. Keep them locked up so they can't hurt anyone.

Legalize marijuana. Gather all the addicts up and warehouse them. Give them all the marijuana they can stand until they peacefully pass on. Keep them locked up so they can't hurt anyone.

See..............you are a prime example of how much some people DON'T know about marijuana. Marijuana is NOT PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE in any way shape or form, so marijuana users aren't addicts, they are consumers.

If you want to go with the psychological addiction side, well..........people can get addicted to people (codependent relationships), shopping, eating, gambling, running, or any other thing, mentally.

And, while your wish for them to die is duly noted, sorry, but marijuana won't kill you if you smoke it. Matter of fact, it may help you live longer by reducing stress.

And finally, marijuana doesn't reduce a person's inhibitions or make them do things they wouldn't do normally. And, marijuana users are a lot less aggressive that most.

I don't really care if it helps or hurts Trump, but I am for removing it as an illicit drug.

I think it should be legalized and treated the same way as alcohol. That means fines, punishment, age restrictions, the entire nine yards plus the end zone.

Latest studies say heavy pot use causes psychosis.
But I'm all for live and let live.
Use it until you lose it.
You just don't want to lose it around me.

I don't really care if it helps or hurts Trump, but I am for removing it as an illicit drug.

I think it should be legalized and treated the same way as alcohol. That means fines, punishment, age restrictions, the entire nine yards plus the end zone.

You know, in CO it is harder to get into a 420 shop than it is to get into a liquor store. You are kept in a little anteroom until they verify your ID, and then you are buzzed into the shop. You can't even walk into a 420 shop without proper ID, much less buy anything.

CO has it right for how to run shops. I suggest going to visit sometime and see for yourself.

You know, in CO it is harder to get into a 420 shop than it is to get into a liquor store. You are kept in a little anteroom until they verify your ID, and then you are buzzed into the shop. You can't even walk into a 420 shop without proper ID, much less buy anything.

CO has it right for how to run shops. I suggest going to visit sometime and see for yourself.
I don't partake Myself. I think that last time I even took a hit from a joint was back in 98. However, if I do manage to make it to CO in the future, I'll be sure to do that just for the experience. My wife still enjoys a bit from time to time. I Myself just don't like the high it provides.

Latest studies say heavy pot use causes psychosis.
But I'm all for live and let live.
Use it until you lose it.
You just don't want to lose it around me.

Hate to tell you, but you cherry picked that. Granted, there have been studies that have shown that heavy pot use can POSSIBLY lead to psychosis, but that only affects people who are under 21, and their brain hasn't finished forming yet. Yes, in young people who are heavy users, there is a slight possibility of that. But, then again, you also need to understand that in certain people who suffer from seizures, marijuana has been PROVEN to reduce the intensity and frequency of those seizures.

If you are over the age of 21? Your brain has fully formed, and you can smoke if you want. Me? I didn't start smoking until I was around 39 (after I retired from the military), and I am a daily consumer. I have noticed zero negative effects on myself, and interestingly enough, when I watch Jeopardy in the afternoon, I smoke a little while playing, and it calms me down enough that I can concentrate and get most of the questions right.

See..............you are a prime example of how much some people DON'T know about marijuana. Marijuana is NOT PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE in any way shape or form, so marijuana users aren't addicts, they are consumers.

If you want to go with the psychological addiction side, well..........people can get addicted to people (codependent relationships), shopping, eating, gambling, running, or any other thing, mentally.

And, while your wish for them to die is duly noted, sorry, but marijuana won't kill you if you smoke it. Matter of fact, it may help you live longer by reducing stress.

And finally, marijuana doesn't reduce a person's inhibitions or make them do things they wouldn't do normally. And, marijuana users are a lot less aggressive that most.
tipsy is part of the reefer madness crowd who thought the movie was very realistic....

H*l no Biker

I spent 3 decades draggin' drunks outta wrecks and redneck bars , can't really recall a stoner starting a bar fight or domestic.

~S~

tipsy is part of the reefer madness crowd who thought the movie was very realistic....

H*l no Biker

I spent 3 decades draggin' drunks outta wrecks and redneck bars , can't really recall a stoner starting a bar fight or domestic.

~S~

She's just a shock troll, dude. Nothing of value to add to any discussion, she just hopes someone takes her up on the dumb shit that she says.

Forum List

Back