Would the founders be proud of "todays America"?

You think there was no abortion at the time of the founders?

Yep.

Abortion in Colonial Times

During colonial times, the fetus was thought to be viable only after the time of "quickening."1 One of the men, James Wilson, who helped frame the Constitution, held that the right to life after quickening was protected by English common law. Quickening is a medical term that denotes the point at which the fetus moves in the mother's womb. This concept was upheld throughout the entire history of the U.S., with exception to independent states that adopted legislation to legalize abortion or not, on a state by state basis. These statutes began to surface as early as the first and second decade of the 1800s."

The word "quick" originally meant "alive"
. Historically, quickening has sometimes been considered to be the beginning of the possession of "individual life" by the fetus. British legal scholar William Blackstone explained the subject of quickening in the eighteenth century, relative to feticide and abortion:

Life… begins in contemplation of law as soon as an infant is able to stir in the mother's womb. For if a woman is quick with child, and by a potion, or otherwise, killeth it in her womb; or if any one beat her, whereby the child dieth in her body, and she is delivered of a dead child; this, though not murder, was by the ancient law homicide or manslaughter. But at present it is not looked upon in quite so atrocious a light, though it remains a very heinous misdemeanor.[5]

Nevertheless, quickening was only one of several standards that were used historically to determine when the right to life attaches to a fetus. According to the "ancient law" mentioned by Blackstone, another standard was formation of the fetus, which occurs weeks before quickening. Henry de Bracton explained the ancient law, about five hundred years before Blackstone:

Comrade Starkiev:

Memorize the info provided hereinabove.

There will be quiz tomorrow.

In other words, you two have no idea whether mass abortions existed prior to modern medicine or not.

Got it.

Back to the OP: do you think the Founders would approve of state-regulated abortion laws?

in other words there were NO MASS ABORTION in ancient times, even if you are willing to deny the widely known "sky is blue" issue.

I will pity your obvious ignorance and provide some reading, however I highly doubt you will understand the content:

Elsevier

In other words, you two have no idea whether mass abortions existed prior to modern medicine or not.

Got it.

Back to the OP: do you think the Founders would approve of state-regulated abortion laws?

Personally, I doubt if they would have cared

They advocated slavery, public whipping, executions for trivial offenses. They didn't seem overly concerned for human rights

Liberals have an influence on society at large.

So do Christians

And Christians lead all religions in abortions

Lying again?

without a proof?

how predictable :lol:

Are you IN THE KNOW: Characteristics of U.S. Women Having Abortions

More than seven in 10 U.S. women obtaining an abortion report a religious affiliation (37% protestant, 28% Catholic and 7% other), and 25% attend religious services at least once a month.[38] The abortion rate for protestant women is 15 per 1,000 women, while Catholic women have a slightly higher rate, 22 per 1,000.[32]

Last edited:
So do Christians

And Christians lead all religions in abortions

Lying again?

without a proof?

how predictable :lol:

Are you IN THE KNOW: Characteristics of U.S. Women Having Abortions

give me the link to the HuffPost as the most reliable source :lol:

The most plagued by abortions are atheist countries of post-soviet regime and some Asian countries
UNdata | record view | Abortion rate - a data from the UN, the most official possible, not some obscure site.

so goes out the window the argument about "the most abortions amongst Christians :lol:

as did your lie about the "most abortions in the red states" - whereas in reality the most abortions are performed in the BLUE states :D

The most plagued by abortions are atheist countries of post-soviet regime and some Asian countries UNdata | record view | Abortion rate - a data from the UN, the most official possible, not some obscure site.

so goes out the window the argument about "the most abortions amongst Christians :lol:

as did your lie about the "most abortions in the red states" - whereas in reality the most abortions are performed in the BLUE states :D

50mm abortions in the USA probably leads everyone except Red China.

The most plagued by abortions are atheist countries of post-soviet regime and some Asian countries UNdata | record view | Abortion rate - a data from the UN, the most official possible, not some obscure site.

50mm abortions in the USA probably leads everyone except Red China.

no, dumbo.
read the chart before making your stupid comments.

or you need for somebody to chew the statistics up for you?

the highest rate of abortions is in atheist Russian Federation - 53 per 1000 women

abortion rate in teens is also much lower in religious family vs non-religious

The Effect of Religious Membership on Teen Abortion Rates - Springer

Last edited:
I think arguing about how our founding fathers felt about abortion is a bit silly.

I'm personally against abortion but I don't remember seeing any views on the issue expressed by our founding fathers. I know there is a strong temptation to believe that our own personal views were shared by our founders and that somehow makes our own views more valid or something.

It's just a fantasy of self promotion.

Our founders were brilliant and courageous. But they were far from perfect. If you want to argue that the United States of America should be relegated to an 18th Century society, you're dipping your bucket in a dry well here.

The main reason abortion was not allowed before the era of antibiotics are medical reasons.
It is a very risky procedure without them
Major surgery was performed long before antibiotics, as were abortions.

are you blind:

Liberals have murdered 30,000,000 American babies.....didn't want you to miss that one. :doubt:
You think there was no abortion at the time of the founders?

They still have a fantasy that conservatives don't get abortions

Yet Red States have the highest abortion rates

Lying as always?

not surprised :lol:

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0103.pdf

The HIGHEST rate of abortions are in BLUE states - DE, NY, NJ, CA, DC, MD

The lowest in RED - MS, ID, KY, SC, SD ( and others) and the lowest of the lowest - Wyoming.

rightwinger is liar, liar, pants on fire :lol:

I think arguing about how our founding fathers felt about abortion is a bit silly.

I'm personally against abortion but I don't remember seeing any views on the issue expressed by our founding fathers. I know there is a strong temptation to believe that our own personal views were shared by our founders and that somehow makes our own views more valid or something.

It's just a fantasy of self promotion.

Our founders were brilliant and courageous. But they were far from perfect. If you want to argue that the United States of America should be relegated to an 18th Century society, you're dipping your bucket in a dry well here.

The main reason abortion was not allowed before the era of antibiotics are medical reasons.
It is a very risky procedure without them
Major surgery was performed long before antibiotics, as were abortions.

reading comprehension disorder?

abortions were not performed en masse before antibiotics

abortion-rate-by-religion.jpg

http://www.contraceptionjournal.org/article/S0010-7824(11)00472-0/abstract

Do I think so? ABSOLUTELY NOT
Liberalism and Unions have ruined America
We are steadily going against EVERYTHING this country was founded for
I would LOVE to grow up in my parents age or maybe even my grandparents to really get a glimpse of the great America
Luckily, I am still able to hear stories from my grandmother about the past
If you think they would be proud, PLEASE give logical reasons :)
Yahoo!

You are correct.

This country was founded on slavery. Liberals freed the slaves.

The U.S. Capitol building was built by slaves.

George Washington owned more than 200 slaves
Thomas Jefferson owned more than 100 slaves
James Madison owned and sold slaves all his life
James Monroe owned 30-40 slaves
Andrew Jackson owned about 160 slaves
Martin Van Buren owned at least one slave
William Henry Harrison had several slaves
John Tyler had slaves
James K. Polk had 15 slaves
Zachary Taylor owned more than 100 slaves
Andrew Johnson owned 8 slaves
Ulysses S. Grant freed his slaves

Slavery was legal in those days, its not legal today. End of story. We are not responsible for the acts of our forefathers.

Slavery was a terrilbe chapter in the history of the world, not just the USA. But its over, no one who owned slaves or was a slave in the US is living today. Its over. Move on and get over the racist bullshit.

Christians lead in abortion rate by a wide margin

and 36.2 is more than 24 or 26
yeah, and they are called NO RELIGION :lol:

mainstream protestant denominations do not consider abortion to be a sin - only Catholics and Evangelicals do. And they are the minority

as do red states, right?

rightwinger - liar, liar, pants on fire :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back