Would the founders be proud of "todays America"?

Our founders are DEAD!

So will we all, sooner or later. Personally I'd like to leave this world better than when I came into it. At the rate this administration is going I certainly think things are going bad for the individual Americans including myself.

Personally I'd like to leave this world better than when I came into it.

If you voted Republican since the 60's you've already cemented your failure to leave the world better than when you came in.

At the rate this administration is going I certainly think things are going bad for the individual Americans including myself.

Is it really this administrations fault? I know they are receiving blame. But isn't that just a coverup for the financial failure of the past Republican administrations?

Vox, pay attention to Kondor's comment above.

why should I?

the RATE of abortion ( or the number of abortions per 100 women of particular origin, religion or socioeconomic status) - that what matters in the description of the behavior of any group not the absolute figures, which obviously are going to be higher among any Christian group than Buddhist, since there are statistically more Christians in this country than Buddhists.

But as I've said before - it is a rate which matters to describe the behavior, not the absolute figure - and the most staunch opponents of abortion as Evangelicals have the lowest rate of them amongst all groups - which is absolutely logical and understandable.
Same is with the highest rate of abortion in hte non-religious women - it is also absolutely logical.

This is a simple rule of statistics - the rate matters, the absolute number does not.

But all those rates simply overturn the lie about "the highest abortion rate among Christians in the US" which you, libtards propel.

Last edited:
Rate is not equivalent to totals......Christians still account for 65% of total abortions

:lol:
F in math? even if you count mainstream protestants, which are not considering abortion as sin, it is 61, not 65 :D and it is not PERCENTAGE. It is RATE ( if you know the difference)

they do not add

Actually, I am very good at statistics

If you look only at rate you ignore the percentage of population. As you well know, an overwhelming percentage of our population is Christian while only about 10 percent are atheists

What that pans out to is 1.2 million abortions for Christians and a mere pittance for atheists

This BS you've written proves you have no idea about statistics.

RATE is what matters and describes the behavior, not the absolute number

and the most staunch opponents of abortion as Evangelicals have the lowest rate of them amongst all groups - which is absolutely logical and understandable.

Because (1) evangelicals are a small % of American Christians, which (2) does not affect the fact that Christian women have the most abortions and the highest % among groups.

Can't get around that.

and the most staunch opponents of abortion as Evangelicals have the lowest rate of them amongst all groups - which is absolutely logical and understandable.

Because (1) evangelicals are a small % of American Christians, which (2) does not affect the fact that Christian women have the most abortions and the highest % among groups.

Can't get around that.

Of course you can, if you are not ignorant like you are on statistical methods :lol:
Christian women do not have the highest rate of abortions - the highest is among non-believers. Absolute number or percentage does not matter.

it does not matter how small is the group - the RATE equalizes it - that's why it is used, not the actual number. The RATE describes the behavior, not the percentage or absolute number.

Without this ability to equalize no research, at least in a medical field, would be possible, because sample groups are often different in absolute numbers.

It is the basics of statistics.

Last edited:
Absolute number or percentage does matter. You simply desire to believe the opposite.

OK, that's your right.

Absolute number or percentage does matter. You simply desire to believe the opposite.

OK, that's your right.

I do not have to believe or not believe. I KNOW, contrary to you.
If I read the paper where the "researcher" refers only to absolute numbers - that is garbage, not the research.
It won't be even published, for that matter.

It is the same in sociology, medicine or chemistry.

the statistics are the ones which make the research worthy, nothing else.

These numbers and this aspect is the easiest example of simple statistical methods.

They would be deeply sadened, and ponder what happened, start a milicia, and vote conservative!

:lol:
F in math? even if you count mainstream protestants, which are not considering abortion as sin, it is 61, not 65 :D and it is not PERCENTAGE. It is RATE ( if you know the difference)

they do not add

Actually, I am very good at statistics

If you look only at rate you ignore the percentage of population. As you well know, an overwhelming percentage of our population is Christian while only about 10 percent are atheists

What that pans out to is 1.2 million abortions for Christians and a mere pittance for atheists

This BS you've written proves you have no idea about statistics.

RATE is what matters and describes the behavior, not the absolute number

Rate matters to you because it clouds the number of abortions by Christians......1.2 million a year.

The abortion rate of less than ten percent of the population is not relevant

Last edited:

Forum List

Back