Would you back Trump if he enforced the law that bans illegal kids from our schools?

There is no law written by congress that says schools must accept illegal kids. In fact section 1324 of title 8 of the US code makes it a federal felony to encourage illegals to live here and letting them attend our schools certainly violates that. Read it hear at clause a 1 A iv

8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

Illegal kids are in our schools because in 1982 the US supreme court wrote a law saying states must admit them even though the constitution says only congress can write laws. "All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states."

Not only should trump kick the illegals out of our schools, but both the constitution and federal law say he must.
The Supreme Court decreed that we must educate illegals!
There is some process to challenge SC rulings. They need to do that.
We should NOT be paying to educate illegal aliens.
WE need to cut off ALL incentive
That process is called a constitutional amendment.

There is no law written by congress that says schools must accept illegal kids. In fact section 1324 of title 8 of the US code makes it a federal felony to encourage illegals to live here and letting them attend our schools certainly violates that. Read it hear at clause a 1 A iv

Illegal kids are in our schools because in 1982 the US supreme court wrote a law saying states must admit them even though the constitution says only congress can write laws. "All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states."

Not only should trump kick the illegals out of our schools, but both the constitution and federal law say he must.
You can appeal it.

You can appeal it.
Who do you appeal to after the supreme court?

You can appeal it.

The American people, oh wait they voted for Trump's immigration policies.

Leave out the last seven words and ask yourself "would you support President Trump if he enforces the law".

You can appeal it.
A different Supreme Court.
They have overturned many previous rulings.

Leave out the last seven words and ask yourself "would you support President Trump if he enforces the law".
I would. However; going back to the OP, banning illegal immigrants from our school once they are here isn't currently the law according to the supreme court.

You can appeal it.
go for it. LOL

Yes, because illegal kids (for which I blame the parents, not them) use up educational resources that could be used on American citizens. Hell, our liberal schools are fucked up enough that banning illegals from them may actually be doing them a favor.

You can appeal it.
go for it. LOL
I would love too!
Its fucking bullshit we do that. It also breaks federal law. Which is why, i think, they would hear the case.

You can appeal it.
go for it. LOL
I would love too!
Its fucking bullshit we do that. It also breaks federal law. Which is why, i think, they would hear the case.
What has changed that would be a reason to revisit an issue, aside from you're thinking they were wrong?

You can appeal it.
go for it. LOL
I would love too!
What has changed that would be a reason to revisit an issue, aside from you're thinking they were wrong?
Because it was wrong.

go for it. LOL
I would love too!
Because it was wrong.
Good luck with that. LOL

go for it. LOL
I would love too!
Because it was wrong.
Good luck with that. LOL
Good luck with what? That ruling defies federal law.
The better question is, what makes you think it WASNT a bad decision?

I would. However; going back to the OP, banning illegal immigrants from our school once they are here isn't currently the law according to the supreme court.
They passed such a law in California, and the courts overrulled them. I don't recall whether it went all the way to the SC.

They passed such a law in California, and the courts overrulled them. I don't recall whether it went all the way to the SC.
Post number 28 has a Wikipedia link about the Supreme Court ruling. The ruling overturned local laws against illegals attending schools. Perhaps a federal law granting localities the right to turn away illegal immigrants would pass muster.

Forum List

Back