Would you inform on a benefits cheat?

It isn't illegal for me. Sorry to burst your bubble.

hehehe.. of course not. Say, how many posts and blathering idiots do I need in order to validate my music collection with your home improvement plans?

and, if you don't think it's illegal then go ahead and get yourself a secret illegal maid too.

:shock:

You are probably the youngest of a large family.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh NOW you are desperately clutching for the family constelation theory now!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh damn this is fun!

sorry, tiger.. you are wrong again. I know.. I know.. that 900 number psychic SAID you had all these super powers too!

hehehe.. of course not. Say, how many posts and blathering idiots do I need in order to validate my music collection with your home improvement plans?

and, if you don't think it's illegal then go ahead and get yourself a secret illegal maid too.

As long as I pay their taxes, it doesn't matter who I hire. As of this moment, I know of no law that forbids it.

You, on the other hand, are actually breaking the law if you are downloading "free" music.

As long as I pay their taxes, it doesn't matter who I hire. As of this moment, I know of no law that forbids it.

I'm not sure that's true. There is an exception to the verification requirement for so-called casual hires. But if you actual know they are illegal, then the plain wording of the federal statute seems to make it illegal for anyone to hire them for any purpose.

But you'd be better off consulting with an employment attorney to find out for sure.

I'm not sure that's true. There is an exception to the verification requirement for so-called casual hires. But if you actual know they are illegal, then the plain wording of the federal statute seems to make it illegal for anyone to hire them for any purpose.

But you'd be better off consulting with an employment attorney to find out for sure.

I'm talking about as a private citizen. I'm pretty sure I can hire anyone I please to redo my driveway.

I'm talking about as a private citizen. I'm pretty sure I can hire anyone I please to redo my driveway.

No, the federal statute specifically says it is illegal for any "person" or "entity" to hire an illegal alien. That seems to cover private citizens as well. You would probably qualify as a "person."

By the way, I am looking at:

§ 1324a. Unlawful employment of aliens

(a) Making employment of unauthorized aliens unlawful
(1) In general
It is unlawful for a person or other entity—
(A) to hire, or to recruit or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an alien knowing the alien is an unauthorized alien (as defined in subsection (h)(3) of this section) with respect to such employment...

U.S. Code

But the reason you're better off talking to an employment lawyer is things like "employment" sometimes have specific statutory definitions. Would your hiring be considered "employment" within the meaning of the law? I don't know. You could argue that it doesn't, but it will depend on how it is defined in the statute.

We know you are a drug addict because you said so.We know you are a thief, because you said so.We know you are better than everyone else, because you said so.We know you are more intelligent than the rest of us, because you said so.Is there anything else we should know? Shouty man.:D

U.S. Code

But the reason you're better off talking to an employment lawyer is things like "employment" sometimes have specific statutory definitions. Would your hiring be considered "employment" within the meaning of the law? I don't know. You could argue that it doesn't, but it will depend on how it is defined in the statute.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure that only applies in an employer/employee relationship.

But I'll keep it in mind. I can't get my new driveway this year, anyway.

We know you are a drug addict because you said so.We know you are a thief, because you said so.We know you are better than everyone else, because you said so.We know you are more intelligent than the rest of us, because you said so.Is there anything else we should know? Shouty man.:D

indeed, and everything you read on the internet is TRUE, too!

Take, for instance, that knuckle dragging behemoth you met through craigslist.. She didn't tell you she was really a tranny with a bigger dick that you, did she?

It's not my admissions that prove my intellectual superiority, dude... Your replies have a LOT to do with that.

:eusa_doh:

You may well be right. For something that is a casual, and not ongoing relationship, there may be an exception in the law. The U.S. Code on employment is pretty large and that's not my area of specialty.

Im not going to say I told you so because I don't care to rub it in your face like a dogs nose in a pile of shit on the carpet, Ravi... But, playing devils advocate, are you prepared to put hiring illegals for your driveway on PAR with robbing the fucking welfare system for a tivo bill?

Would it make any difference if I called you a drug addict for smoking a few bowls every now and again?

indeed, and everything you read on the internet is TRUE, too!

Take, for instance, that knuckle dragging behemoth you met through craigslist.. She didn't tell you she was really a tranny with a bigger dick that you, did she?

It's not my admissions that prove my intellectual superiority, dude... Your replies have a LOT to do with that.

:eusa_doh:

My replies have a lot to do with everyone laughing at you and not with you, you failing to make the distinction adds to your entertainment value.Shout at me some more:rofl:

Im not going to say I told you so because I don't care to rub it in your face like a dogs nose in a pile of shit on the carpet, Ravi... But, playing devils advocate, are you prepared to put hiring illegals for your driveway on PAR with robbing the fucking welfare system for a tivo bill?

Would it make any difference if I called you a drug addict for smoking a few bowls every now and again?

Come on Shouty man, don't go all soft on us, just admit you are as bad as any other thief and we'll let it lie.

My replies have a lot to do with everyone laughing at you and not with you, you failing to make the distinction adds to your entertainment value.Shout at me some more:rofl:

oh EVERYONE is laughing now, eh? NOT just your throng of angry casualties of previous Shogun dominations? Sounds like a job for (dun du du DUUUUH!) Roomy's super special psychic detective agency!

ohhh ok. duh.

Who needs to shout? I'm LAUGHING my ass off here!

Come on Shouty man, don't go all soft on us, just admit you are as bad as any other thief and we'll let it lie.

BUT YOU ARE NOT MAKING AN ARGUMENT OF EQUIVALENCE, right??

:thup:

:clap2:

check mate, suckah!

:eusa_dance:

BUT YOU ARE NOT MAKING AN ARGUMENT OF EQUIVALENCE, right??

:thup:

:clap2:

check mate, suckah!

:eusa_dance:

Me, no, I am now upping the ante, your position in the pecking order is bottom rung, I am merely cementing it.Admit your hypocrisy and we'll let it lie.:cool:

Forum List

Back