Would You Lock Your Doors

The caucasoid or the flag?

Just curious guy.. How much did they pay this guy??

hqdefault.jpg

And second question -- would ya spit on him?? Hey don't tell me that there isn't no rift between those Black Southern Proud and their Northern Brethren.. I know for a fact -- that there is in the hearts of ALL Southerners a very different view of Southern heritage than the Yankee view.

I read a book about twenty years ago documenting the significant numbers of Blacks who joined their slave owners and donned the Confederate uniform and fought and killed and died for the South.

hqdefault.jpg

And second question -- would ya spit on him?? Hey don't tell me that there isn't no rift between those Black Southern Proud and their Northern Brethren.. I know for a fact -- that there is in the hearts of ALL Southerners a very different view of Southern heritage than the Yankee view.

I read a book about twenty years ago documenting the significant numbers of Blacks who joined their slave owners and donned the Confederate uniform and fought and killed and died for the South.
Yet no one has documented this anywhere you can link to on the internet. Matter of fact I will ask you a simple question. Would you provide someone a gun that you have have kept locked up, abused, and raped and sold off their family members? I thought so. You must be pretty ignorant to believe a significant number of Black slaves fought for the confederacy. Next thing you know you will post the debunked photo of Blacks in confederate uniforms.

Oh I get the message.. So do those Southern Black docents that dress in slave garb and conduct the tours. But you are selling your southern kin short by not focusing on the acheivers and their importance to society even as slaves. Those black lawn jockey statues that you see on White people's lawn that piss you off in the NORTH ??? In the South, they still tell of tales of black slave jockeys who won 4 Kentucky derbies as slaves. And I've yet to see one on someone's lawn down here. ((OK.. Maybe in rural Kentucky :lol:))

The appreciation of the Southern heritage story down here is part of the reason for the HONEST and comprehensive HEALING in race relations. BECAUSE of the links in heritage and ancestry between black and white. And a lot of those yahoos with the Star/Bars that scare Miss Ravi and piss you off, may know just as much or more about the fame of your ancestry than your typical average northern Black studies professor. Those Confederate symbols are not the racial taunts you imagine them to be. They are just a convienient marker for the past culture of the South. Tragedy and all.

I've heard the side of the story that that the confederate symbols are not racial taunts or more specifically a yearning for those good ole days. I just dont buy it. When its all said and done the flag symbolizes the souths attempt to keep my ancestors enslaved. There is no skating around that fact. A Black person pretending thats not true is just about the most severe case of delusion I can think of.

Wouldn't expect you to understand. It's tainted history to you. And to me to some extent. Have you followed the Southern part of ancestry back? Making it personal and human might help you skip over their "legal state" a bit and understand their impact on the culture and development of the South. Even stood in Slave Quarters on a plantation? Looked at the kitchens and barns they worked in? The structures and businesses they helped build? There were many more poor whites in the South that never ever make a FOOTNOTE on history.. But the slave contributions actually ARE integral to the history...

Yeah -- I know -- you're STILL not impressed. Come visit. You'll be singing Sweet Home Alabama by the time you head back north..
All of my ancestry is southern. I am first generation that is not southern. Our family tree has been traced all the way back to Africa and on the white side to Ireland. I have been to Ghana where the slaves were place on the ships and in the plantation homes in MS. Yes we are/were an integral part of this country but to me that was just making lemonade out of lemons. These accomplishments were done under duress and against significant odds. I dont take solace in a few whites recognizing that. The larger issue was and remains the climate under which these accomplishments were done.

Before which they were captured and held by other Black Africans. Then sold to Europeans by Black Africans.

Thats what white people try to tell you. They dont mention that the Europeans threatened the locals with guns and coerced them to give up the slaves they had captured in local battles instead of their own families. I learned quite alot while in Ghana. Try that story on someone that doesn't know any better.

hqdefault.jpg

Yet no one has documented this anywhere you can link to on the internet. Matter of fact I will ask you a simple question. Would you provide someone a gun that you have have kept locked up, abused, and raped and sold off their family members? I thought so. You must be pretty ignorant to believe a significant number of Black slaves fought for the confederacy. Next thing you know you will post the debunked photo of Blacks in confederate uniforms.

Pretty sure you're gonna lose on that one Mr A.. But I'll stay out of it.
Would I give them a gun? Considering the time to LOAD a muzzle what about 40 seconds --- YES.. Would you give them a horse? Sure. Machetes? Sure. Your children? -- All the freaking time.

Far as I can tell, every Southern plantation spawn was raised and nannied by the HouseKeepers. The parents were over-acheiving yuppies with no time to deal with the details of raising kids..

I have a Confederate Flag bumper sticker on the back of my car.

Any negro that confronts me in an aggressive way about it and threatens physical harm will be introduced to Mr. Colt 1911. ..... :cool:

From Harvard... Guess I can't resist getting into the scuffle.. :lmao:

Black Confederates Harvard Gazette

At the Harvard Faculty Club on Wednesday (Aug. 31), Stauffer opened the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute’s Fall Colloquium Series with a lecture on black Confederates. He acknowledged that critics of the concept now dominate the academic arena, including one scholar who called it “a fiction, a myth, utter nonsense.”

Still, Stauffer acknowledged the seeming popularity of neo-Confederate ideas in general. He cited a recent poll showing that 70 percent of white Southerners believe that the cause of the Civil War was not slavery, but a deep divide over states’ rights. Stauffer also outlined evidence that the notion of black Confederates is at least partly true — an assertion that he said got him “beaten up” in a discussion at a Washington, D.C., history event months ago.

Though no one knows for sure, the number of slaves who fought and labored for the South was modest, estimated Stauffer. Blacks who shouldered arms for the Confederacy numbered more than 3,000 but fewer than 10,000, he said, among the hundreds of thousands of whites who served. Black laborers for the cause numbered from 20,000 to 50,000.

Those are not big numbers, said Stauffer. Black Confederate soldiers likely represented less than 1 percent of Southern black men of military age during that period, and less than 1 percent of Confederate soldiers. And their motivation for serving isn’t taken into account by the numbers, since some may have been forced into service, and others may have seen fighting as a way out of privation.

In arguing that there were some black Confederates, Stauffer draws on at least one ironic source: 19th-century social reformer Frederick Douglass, whose life Stauffer studied for his 2008 book “Giants: The Parallel Lives of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln.” In August 1861, Douglass published an account of the First Battle of Bull Run, which noted that there were blacks in the Confederate ranks. A few weeks later, Douglass brought the subject up again, quoting a witness to the battle who said they saw black Confederates “with muskets on their shoulders and bullets in their pockets.”

hqdefault.jpg

Pretty sure you're gonna lose on that one Mr A.. But I'll stay out of it.
Would I give them a gun? Considering the time to LOAD a muzzle what about 40 seconds --- YES.. Would you give them a horse? Sure. Machetes? Sure. Your children? -- All the freaking time.

Far as I can tell, every Southern plantation spawn was raised and nannied by the HouseKeepers. The parents were over-acheiving yuppies with no time to deal with the details of raising kids..

Are you familiar with the term "fragged" as it pertains to the military? In war a slave could easily get away with killing the white guy that disrespected him and made his life miserable. That was not so easy to do back on the plantation without someone the slave loved getting punished. Totally different circumstances. The slave owners/confederates knew this. Thats why they never had any Black guys fighting for them.

At the Harvard Faculty Club on Wednesday (Aug. 31), Stauffer opened the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute’s Fall Colloquium Series with a lecture on black Confederates. He acknowledged that critics of the concept now dominate the academic arena, including one scholar who called it “a fiction, a myth, utter nonsense.”

Still, Stauffer acknowledged the seeming popularity of neo-Confederate ideas in general. He cited a recent poll showing that 70 percent of white Southerners believe that the cause of the Civil War was not slavery, but a deep divide over states’ rights. Stauffer also outlined evidence that the notion of black Confederates is at least partly true — an assertion that he said got him “beaten up” in a discussion at a Washington, D.C., history event months ago.

Though no one knows for sure, the number of slaves who fought and labored for the South was modest, estimated Stauffer. Blacks who shouldered arms for the Confederacy numbered more than 3,000 but fewer than 10,000, he said, among the hundreds of thousands of whites who served. Black laborers for the cause numbered from 20,000 to 50,000.

Those are not big numbers, said Stauffer. Black Confederate soldiers likely represented less than 1 percent of Southern black men of military age during that period, and less than 1 percent of Confederate soldiers. And their motivation for serving isn’t taken into account by the numbers, since some may have been forced into service, and others may have seen fighting as a way out of privation.

In arguing that there were some black Confederates, Stauffer draws on at least one ironic source: 19th-century social reformer Frederick Douglass, whose life Stauffer studied for his 2008 book “Giants: The Parallel Lives of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln.” In August 1861, Douglass published an account of the First Battle of Bull Run, which noted that there were blacks in the Confederate ranks. A few weeks later, Douglass brought the subject up again, quoting a witness to the battle who said they saw black Confederates “with muskets on their shoulders and bullets in their pockets.”

Douglass also talked to a fugitive slave from Virginia, another witness to Bull Run, who asserted that black units were forming in Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. It is well known that in Louisiana and Tennessee, Stauffer added, Confederate units were organized by elite, light-skinned freedmen who identified with the slave-owning white plantation culture. (The Tennessee troops were never issued arms, though, and the black unit known as the Louisiana Native Guards never saw action — and quickly switched sides as soon as Union forces appeared.)

But unless readers think that black Confederates were truly enamored of the South’s cause, Stauffer related the case of John Parker, a slave forced to build Confederate barricades and later to join the crew of a cannon firing grapeshot at Union troops at the First Battle of Bull Run. All the while, recalled Parker, he worried about dying, prayed for a Union victory, and dreamed of escaping to the other side.

“His case can be seen as representative,” said Stauffer. “Masters put guns to (the heads of slaves) to make them shoot Yankees.”

hqdefault.jpg

Whenever something sounds absurd to you, why not check it out with a Google search first before you go on record saying it can't be so?

Here is the landing page from my Google search.

About 421,000 results (0.40 seconds)

Search Results
  1. Did blacks fight in combat for the Confederacy? | The Civil ...
    civilwargazette.wordpress.com/.../did-blacks-fight-in-combat-for-the-con...
    Mar 13, 2008 - Unquestionably the historical evidence is strong that some blacks – perhaps several thousand – did serve in the Confederate Army in unofficial, ...
  2. Confederacy approves black soldiers - History Channel
    www.history.com/this-day.../confederacy-approves-black-soldiersHistory

Another suggested, "If slaves will make good soldiers, our whole theory of ... Congress on March 13, 1865, did not stipulate freedom for those who served.
  3. Black in Grey — Did Some African Americans Really Fight ...
    militaryhistorynow.com/.../black-in-grey-did-african-americans-fight-for...
    Jun 20, 2012 - However, determining just how many African American Confederate ... the site, three blacks did serve as pilots in the Confederate States Navy, ...
  4. [PDF]The Role of Black Soldiers in the Confederate Army By SSG ...
    www.scv.org/documents/genworks/RoleofBlacksConfederateArmy.pdf
    the truth about them with the hopes that others will see exactly what the War of Northern ... many though, tell the story ofblacks that served in the Confederacy.
  5. Defense.gov News Article: Black Confederates
    www.defense.gov/.../newsarticle.asp...United States Department of Defense

Feb 1, 1996 - But African Americans did serve withConfederate armies. ... Early in the war, "Free Negroes" tried to enlist in the Confederate army.
  6. Black Confederate Soldiers: Fact or Fantasy? (Part 1) | Civil ...
    Black Confederate Soldiers Fact or Fantasy Part 1 Civil War ConnectionsMariners' Museum

Nov 13, 2012 - She also makes the point that arming blacks or allowing them to fight in the military ... I think black soldiers did serve in the confederate army.
  7. [PDF]Did Blacks Serve in the Confederate Army as Soldiers? by ...
    californiascv.org/Did%20Blacks%20Serve%20in%20the%20Confederate...by VR Padgett - ‎Related articles
    Blacks served by the thousands in the Confederate States Army. ... pleased that they asked Lewis to serve as their chaplain, which he did from the time of ...
  8. Sons of Confederate Veterans spokesman said many blacks ...
    www.politifact.com/.../sons-confederate-veterans-spokesm...PolitiFact.com

Jan 7, 2011 - "They served just like white Southerners did," McBerry said. ... The debate over blacks in the Confederacy is part of an ugly disagreement over ...
  9. Military history of African Americans in the American Civil ...
    en.wikipedia.org/.../Military_history_of_African_Americans_i...Wikipedia

Jump to Confederate States Army - "Nearly 40% of theConfederacy's population were unfree...the work required to ...Will the slaves fight? ... from the employees of the hospitals, and served on the lines during the recent Sheridan raid.
  10. All Opinions Are Local - The myth of the black Confederates
    voices.washingtonpost.com › Opinions
    Oct 30, 2010 - By Bruce Levine Next year, the country willbegin observing the ... FACT, FREE BLACKS AND SLAVES DID SERVE IN CONFEDERATE UNITS ...

Douglass also talked to a fugitive slave from Virginia, another witness to Bull Run, who asserted that black units were forming in Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. It is well known that in Louisiana and Tennessee, Stauffer added, Confederate units were organized by elite, light-skinned freedmen who identified with the slave-owning white plantation culture. (The Tennessee troops were never issued arms, though, and the black unit known as the Louisiana Native Guards never saw action — and quickly switched sides as soon as Union forces appeared.)

But unless readers think that black Confederates were truly enamored of the South’s cause, Stauffer related the case of John Parker, a slave forced to build Confederate barricades and later to join the crew of a cannon firing grapeshot at Union troops at the First Battle of Bull Run. All the while, recalled Parker, he worried about dying, prayed for a Union victory, and dreamed of escaping to the other side.

“His case can be seen as representative,” said Stauffer. “Masters put guns to (the heads of slaves) to make them shoot Yankees.”

And SOME slaves and slave owners had such a fondness and interdependence that the slave just wanted to continue to be of service to their beloved master and so he followed him onto the battlefield and they fought side by side.

At least, from what I recall reading from 20 years ago.

But, just in case, I did another quick Google check about the details I recalled. And guess what?

Confirmed.

Black Slaves In The Confederate Army

Blacks also served in the Confederate Army, although most were impressed as a slave labor force. Others were brought along by their masters to tend to the master’s needs in camp. In some cases, these servants were entrusted with a master’s personal affects if he was killed, and returned them to his family. There are reports of a few servants who took their master’s place on the firing line and were adopted by the regiment. Records also show men who served as color-bearers in militia units. Tens of thousands may have served, willingly or otherwise.

At the midpoint of the war in 1863, when more Confederate soldiers were needed, state militias of freed black men were offered to the Confederate war office but refused. (At the beginning of the war, a Louisiana unit offered its services but was rejected; that state had a long history of militia units comprised of free men of color.) As the war continued, the issue became even more hotly debated in the Confederate Congress. On January 2, 1864, Confederate major general Patrick Cleburne proposed arming slaves. Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederacy, ordered that the proposal be suppressed. Despite his reputation as "the Stonewall Jackson of the West," Cleburne never rose to higher command, and it is widely believed that was because of his unpopular proposal.

On March 13, 1865, legislation was finally passed that would free black slaves if they enlisted in the Confederate Army, although they had to have consent from their masters. Only a handful of black soldiers, probably less than 50, enlisted because of this legislation and were still in training when the war ended.

African-Americans In The Civil War

Last edited:

hqdefault.jpg

Whenever something sounds absurd to you, why not check it out with a Google search first before you go on record saying it can't be so?

Here is the landing page from my Google search.

About 421,000 results (0.40 seconds)

Search Results
  1. Did blacks fight in combat for the Confederacy? | The Civil ...
    civilwargazette.wordpress.com/.../did-blacks-fight-in-combat-for-the-con...
    Mar 13, 2008 - Unquestionably the historical evidence is strong that some blacks – perhaps several thousand – did serve in the Confederate Army in unofficial, ...
  2. Confederacy approves black soldiers - History Channel
    www.history.com/this-day.../confederacy-approves-black-soldiersHistory

Another suggested, "If slaves will make good soldiers, our whole theory of ... Congress on March 13, 1865, did not stipulate freedom for those who served.
  3. Black in Grey — Did Some African Americans Really Fight ...
    militaryhistorynow.com/.../black-in-grey-did-african-americans-fight-for...
    Jun 20, 2012 - However, determining just how many African American Confederate ... the site, three blacks did serve as pilots in the Confederate States Navy, ...
  4. [PDF]The Role of Black Soldiers in the Confederate Army By SSG ...
    www.scv.org/documents/genworks/RoleofBlacksConfederateArmy.pdf
    the truth about them with the hopes that others will see exactly what the War of Northern ... many though, tell the story ofblacks that served in the Confederacy.
  5. Defense.gov News Article: Black Confederates
    www.defense.gov/.../newsarticle.asp...United States Department of Defense

Feb 1, 1996 - But African Americans did serve withConfederate armies. ... Early in the war, "Free Negroes" tried to enlist in the Confederate army.
  6. Black Confederate Soldiers: Fact or Fantasy? (Part 1) | Civil ...
    Black Confederate Soldiers Fact or Fantasy Part 1 Civil War ConnectionsMariners' Museum

Nov 13, 2012 - She also makes the point that arming blacks or allowing them to fight in the military ... I think black soldiers did serve in the confederate army.
  7. [PDF]Did Blacks Serve in the Confederate Army as Soldiers? by ...
    californiascv.org/Did%20Blacks%20Serve%20in%20the%20Confederate...by VR Padgett - ‎Related articles
    Blacks served by the thousands in the Confederate States Army. ... pleased that they asked Lewis to serve as their chaplain, which he did from the time of ...
  8. Sons of Confederate Veterans spokesman said many blacks ...
    www.politifact.com/.../sons-confederate-veterans-spokesm...PolitiFact.com

Jan 7, 2011 - "They served just like white Southerners did," McBerry said. ... The debate over blacks in the Confederacy is part of an ugly disagreement over ...
  9. Military history of African Americans in the American Civil ...
    en.wikipedia.org/.../Military_history_of_African_Americans_i...Wikipedia

Jump to Confederate States Army - "Nearly 40% of theConfederacy's population were unfree...the work required to ...Will the slaves fight? ... from the employees of the hospitals, and served on the lines during the recent Sheridan raid.
  10. All Opinions Are Local - The myth of the black Confederates
    voices.washingtonpost.com › Opinions
    Oct 30, 2010 - By Bruce Levine Next year, the country willbegin observing the ... FACT, FREE BLACKS AND SLAVES DID SERVE IN CONFEDERATE UNITS ...

I have checked out google. Contrary to popular belief not everything on the internet is actually a fact.

And SOME slaves and slave owners had such a fondness and interdependence that the slave just wanted to continue to be of service to their beloved master.

At least, from what I recall reading from 20 years ago.

I bet you read that Columbus discovered America too. Do you still believe that or did you stop taking things at face value simply because someone wrote it down for you to read?

Oh I get the message.. So do those Southern Black docents that dress in slave garb and conduct the tours. But you are selling your southern kin short by not focusing on the acheivers and their importance to society even as slaves. Those black lawn jockey statues that you see on White people's lawn that piss you off in the NORTH ??? In the South, they still tell of tales of black slave jockeys who won 4 Kentucky derbies as slaves. And I've yet to see one on someone's lawn down here. ((OK.. Maybe in rural Kentucky :lol:))

The appreciation of the Southern heritage story down here is part of the reason for the HONEST and comprehensive HEALING in race relations. BECAUSE of the links in heritage and ancestry between black and white. And a lot of those yahoos with the Star/Bars that scare Miss Ravi and piss you off, may know just as much or more about the fame of your ancestry than your typical average northern Black studies professor. Those Confederate symbols are not the racial taunts you imagine them to be. They are just a convienient marker for the past culture of the South. Tragedy and all.

I've heard the side of the story that that the confederate symbols are not racial taunts or more specifically a yearning for those good ole days. I just dont buy it. When its all said and done the flag symbolizes the souths attempt to keep my ancestors enslaved. There is no skating around that fact. A Black person pretending thats not true is just about the most severe case of delusion I can think of.

Wouldn't expect you to understand. It's tainted history to you. And to me to some extent. Have you followed the Southern part of ancestry back? Making it personal and human might help you skip over their "legal state" a bit and understand their impact on the culture and development of the South. Even stood in Slave Quarters on a plantation? Looked at the kitchens and barns they worked in? The structures and businesses they helped build? There were many more poor whites in the South that never ever make a FOOTNOTE on history.. But the slave contributions actually ARE integral to the history...

Yeah -- I know -- you're STILL not impressed. Come visit. You'll be singing Sweet Home Alabama by the time you head back north..
All of my ancestry is southern. I am first generation that is not southern. Our family tree has been traced all the way back to Africa and on the white side to Ireland. I have been to Ghana where the slaves were place on the ships and in the plantation homes in MS. Yes we are/were an integral part of this country but to me that was just making lemonade out of lemons. These accomplishments were done under duress and against significant odds. I dont take solace in a few whites recognizing that. The larger issue was and remains the climate under which these accomplishments were done.

Before which they were captured and held by other Black Africans. Then sold to Europeans by Black Africans.

Thats what white people try to tell you. They dont mention that the Europeans threatened the locals with guns and coerced them to give up the slaves they had captured in local battles instead of their own families. I learned quite alot while in Ghana. Try that story on someone that doesn't know any better.

What utter horseshit, lol.

Seriously, how do you look at yourself in the mirror?

The first slave owner in the US:
johnson-340x484.jpg

"
In 1635, after working on the tobacco farm for about 14 years, Johnson was granted his freedom and acquired land and the necessaries to start his own farm. Sources are conflicting on whether he purchased the remaining years on his wife’s contract or whether she completed it, but in the end, the two, with their lives now their own, began working for themselves.

They soon prospered and took advantage of the “headright” system in place for encouraging more colonists, where if you paid to bring a new colonist over, whether purchasing them at the docks or arranging it before hand with someone, you’d be awarded 50 acres of land. Similarly, those who paid their own passage would be given land under this system.

This leads us to 1654. One of Johnson’s servants, John Casor who was brought over from Africa, claimed he was under a “seaven or eight yeares” contract and that he’d completed it. Thus, he asked Johnson for his freedom.

Johnson didn’t see things this way, and denied the request. Despite this, according to Casor, Johnson eventually agreed to allow him to leave, with pressure supposedly coming from Johnson’s family who felt that Casor should be free. Thus, Casor went to work for a man by the name of Robert Parker.

Either Johnson changed his mind or he never said Casor could go, because he soon filed a lawsuit against Parker claiming that Parker stole his servant, and that Casor was Johnson’s for life and was not an indentured servant.

Johnson ultimately won the case, and not only did he get his servant back, but Casor became Johnson’s slave for life as Johnson had said he was"

The First Legal Slave Owner in What Would Become the United States was a Black Man

Forum List

Back