Would you support a presidential candidate who held that biblical law superceded the Constitution?

...The Original Constitution is on display at the National Archives, right along with the Declaration of Independence. Epic Fail yet again.
If you go back and look at the context, I was talking about the UK Constitution... twit.

Context.....no don't even try that. You failed.

If you do not know where the U.S. Constitution is kept then maybe you should try repeating Civics.

Your "Context" is bullshit.

Again another in a long line of Epic Fails.

We were talking about the UK Constitution.
Go back and read the conversation.

Re another thread here regarding a presidential candidate that held a particular religion superceded the Constitution. My own view is there is no religion that supercedes the Constitution.
The Word of God does supercede the constitution. It really isn't a question of should it. Men understand the difference between right and wrong. Whenever and where ever the Word is spoken, it always prevails.

...The Original Constitution is on display at the National Archives, right along with the Declaration of Independence. Epic Fail yet again.
If you go back and look at the context, I was talking about the UK Constitution... twit.

Context.....no don't even try that. You failed.

If you do not know where the U.S. Constitution is kept then maybe you should try repeating Civics.

Your "Context" is bullshit.

Again another in a long line of Epic Fails.
Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

Where did Madison report these sources and influences in his writings? Such as Isiah 33:22. That is a ding ling argument, for it is not for a constitutional republic but rather an unitary theocracy, which Madison would have repudiated in a heart beat.

James Madison and the Constitution and branches of Government
Branches of U.S. Gov. –
“For the LORD is our judge,
the LORD is our lawgiver,
the LORD is our king; (He will save us.)” – Is. 33:22

– James Madison, reading of the Perfect Governor in Isaiah.

Where and when?

Again, I've seen plenty of religious websites that make the claim.....but they can't actually quote Madison saying as much.

Again Library of Congress
His own notes and papers.
James Madison and the Federal Constitutional Convention of 1787 - The James Madison Papers, 1723-1859
also here
Avalon Project - Madison Debates - May 14, May 25
So you can not point exactly where he said it in his papers and writings?

Re another thread here regarding a presidential candidate that held a particular religion superceded the Constitution. My own view is there is no religion that supercedes the Constitution.
The Word of God does supercede the constitution. It really isn't a question of should it. Men understand the difference between right and wrong. Whenever and where ever the Word is spoken, it always prevails.
Not in secular affairs, no, it does not. It never prevails in our legal system as law.

Not in secular affairs, no, it does not. It never prevails in our legal system as law.
It did for me. Pascagoula Mississippi, Sept of 1983. Never saw such a bunch of angry people in my life.

There's a pretty significant Dominionist movement in the USA. Those people, many of them who are very prominent Evangelicals with a lot of political clout in GOP politics, particularly the State Republican primary process, would LOVE to see Mosaic Law established in this country.

Where did Madison report these sources and influences in his writings? Such as Isiah 33:22. That is a ding ling argument, for it is not for a constitutional republic but rather an unitary theocracy, which Madison would have repudiated in a heart beat.

Branches of U.S. Gov. –

Where and when?

Again, I've seen plenty of religious websites that make the claim.....but they can't actually quote Madison saying as much.

James Madison and the Federal Constitutional Convention of 1787 - The James Madison Papers, 1723-1859
also here

Our Documents - Virginia Plan (1787)
Drafted by James Madison, and presented by Edmund Randolph to the Constitutional Convention on May 29, 1787, the Virginia Plan proposed a strong central government composed of three branches: legislative, executive, and judicial.

It did for me. Pascagoula Mississippi, Sept of 1983. Never saw such a bunch of angry people in my life.
Give us a link.

Branches of U.S. Gov. –

Where and when?

also here

Drafted by James Madison, and presented by Edmund Randolph to the Constitutional Convention on May 29, 1787, the Virginia Plan proposed a strong central government composed of three branches: legislative, executive, and judicial.
You are saying the Virginia Plan was that of the Perfect Governor. Link where Madison said that. Or wrote that. You can't. If you pulled this in a high school or college class, you would fail. If you tried such reasoning in business (without being able to establish casuality), you would be fired.

Hey dummy since christians made the constitution I would say it is a moot question.....

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
I think it's great that if you put your God first you can't be president.

Another thing that trumps God is money. None of you give ten percent to the Lord.

Give us a link.
If I could, I would. I am witness to what happened. I knew my duty and I did it.

Hey dummy since christians made the constitution I would say it is a moot question.....

I think it's great that if you put your God first you can't be president.

Another thing that trumps God is money. None of you give ten percent to the Lord.
Put no God before him he said that includes government. Yet our Constitution was made so government doesn't over step it's bounds concerning our God given rights . Unlike Islam there is no Christian laws that are not already in every country. So the whole reason for this thread is a fraud my by a cry baby bitch progressive

Among other things. It was a very public prayer. The prayer was answered as publicly as I spoke it. The grand jury decided the matter correctly.

Branches of U.S. Gov. –

Where and when?

also here

You are saying the Virginia Plan was that of the Perfect Governor. Link where Madison said that. Or wrote that. You can't. If you pulled this in a high school or college class, you would fail. If you tried such reasoning in business (without being able to establish casuality), you would be fired.

You really should read his notes because that is where it is as well as the Avalon Project Madison Debates.

No worries Progs, the Constitution is ignored like the Bible. They are just warnings that no one in government takes seriously.

The best argument for taking prayer out of schools is the fact the Congress still prays after each session.

You really should read his notes because that is where it is as well as the Avalon Project Madison Debates.
No, it is not. You are now trying to imply that was the source for Madison's idea without any actual writing by Madison about it. That lacks integrity.

Forum List

Back