Would you support requiring all Americans to be religious

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.
Scalia: 'Don't cram' religious neutrality 'down throats of American people'

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.

How about you ignore the harping? It's easy to ignore words you don't agree with. Don't worry about it until people make something your issue by forcing things on you, such as making laws to force you to behave a certain way or even making laws, like the recent one pushed by Dems regarding Islam, to punish you for thinking a certain way or expressing your views. Too many Muslims want death for those insulting them and in Muslim countries, people are either forced to convert or killed. Why don't you save your outrage for evil actions instead of shit you don't agree with?

It was a good set of morals that helped make this country what it was. Whether that came from religion or just responsible people, it was still crucial.

Yes, you should believe in something, whether it's being a good person or just believing that a country offering freedom and opportunity is worth saving. The new attitude we see from too many is what is in it for them. That will be our downfall.
If you ignore words and wait until oppression is already here, you are too late.
Maybe the libturds could do with experiencing what they do to Christians (and not Muslims) everyday. After all, logic and common sense doesn't work at all.

Last edited:
Humanity would be better off without religion and spending a life time educating themselves in logic, math and reality.

The science of social psychology says that people do NOT operate from logic and you in ignoring that you are being illogical and denying reality and science.

Based on the way we see religious groups rise to dominance and success and then fall with a decline of cultural confidence and faith, you are also denying history.

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.

How about you ignore the harping? It's easy to ignore words you don't agree with. Don't worry about it until people make something your issue by forcing things on you, such as making laws to force you to behave a certain way or even making laws, like the recent one pushed by Dems regarding Islam, to punish you for thinking a certain way or expressing your views. Too many Muslims want death for those insulting them and in Muslim countries, people are either forced to convert or killed. Why don't you save your outrage for evil actions instead of shit you don't agree with?

It was a good set of morals that helped make this country what it was. Whether that came from religion or just responsible people, it was still crucial.

Yes, you should believe in something, whether it's being a good person or just believing that a country offering freedom and opportunity is worth saving. The new attitude we see from too many is what is in it for them. That will be our downfall.
If you ignore words and wait until oppression is already here, you are too late.
Maybe the libturds could do with experiencing what they do to Christains (and not Muslims) everyday. After all, logic and common sense doesn't work at all.
So you admit you want to kill and oppress non-Christians?

On Saturday, he said the First Amendment prohibits the government from endorsing one religion over another. But, he added, that doesn’t mean the government has to favor non-religion over religion.

He argued that’s a more modern reading originating in the courts in the 1960s.

What's wrong with that? Do you think non-religious people should be favoured?
He actually said one denomination cannot be favored over another, but the government shoild be able to favor religion over non religion.
I didn't read that he said religion should be favoured at all. Perhaps you could quote it?
It's in the AP report that's linked in my link.
News from The Associated Press
Yep, I read it and quoted it already. I saw him say that the non religious should not be favoured over the religious. I'm fine with that. Liberal lefties aren't, because the insist on carving up society and giving more right to their preferred victims ... I mean groups. So please could you pull a precise quote to illustrate your libel...I mean assertion. Thanks.
You didn't quote that artice which contains the actual Scalia quote.
"To be sure you can't favor one denomination over another, but you can't favor religion over non religion?" The rhetorical question shows that he believes you can.
Well, in that case I wholeheartedly disagree.

Maybe the libturds could do with experiencing what they do to Christains (and not Muslims) everyday. After all, logic and common sense doesn't work at all.
So you admit that's what you've been doing to Christians??????...

He actually said one denomination cannot be favored over another, but the government shoild be able to favor religion over non religion.
I didn't read that he said religion should be favoured at all. Perhaps you could quote it?
Yep, I read it and quoted it already. I saw him say that the non religious should not be favoured over the religious. I'm fine with that. Liberal lefties aren't, because the insist on carving up society and giving more right to their preferred victims ... I mean groups. So please could you pull a precise quote to illustrate your libel...I mean assertion. Thanks.
"To be sure you can't favor one denomination over another, but you can't favor religion over non religion?" The rhetorical question shows that he believes you can.
Interesting that he uses the term "denomination". That term is typically used to differentiate between branches of Christianity. I wonder if he thinks the government can favor Christianity over non-Christianity. He doesn't say. But interesting that he uses that term.

Interesting that he uses the term "denomination". That term is typically used to differentiate between branches of Christianity. I wonder if he thinks the government can favor Christianity over non-Christianity. He doesn't say. But interesting that he uses that term.
I don't have liberal ESP, but denomination is used to describe branches of Judaism and Islam too, so who knows how he is using it.

You claim that libturds oppress Christians. I disagree with that assertion, but it is one that you made.

I have no desire to oppress or kill Christians.

Do you want to oppress non-Christians?

Yes, trolling, but I heard at the last Republican Convention a speaker say, regarding religion, that to be an American you have to believe in something.
You're ok then, you adhere to the religion of atheism.
Atheism is not a religion.
How so?
It is not an organized set of beliefs.

Definition of RELIGION
It's a religion without G-d, like Buddhism, and it's incredibly dogmatic like many fundies.

You claim that libturds oppress Christians. I disagree with that assertion, but it is one that you made.

The states, when they constituted their union, never delegated to congress any power to enact any law concerning the religious practices of the people of the several states. If you disagree, please cite the relevant language.

Yes, trolling, but I heard at the last Republican Convention a speaker say, regarding religion, that to be an American you have to believe in something.
How so?

Definition of RELIGION
It's a religion without G-d, like Buddhism, and it's incredibly dogmatic like many fundies.
Not at all. All atheism means is you don't believe in any gods. Other than that there is no dogma whatsoever.

I was suggesting you libturds who do indeed infringe on the rights of Christians experience the same in reverse. I didn't suggest you were killing Christians - how absurd - but you seemed to equate getting a taste of your own medicine would involve killing. Bizarre.

The states, when they constituted their union, never delegated to congress any power to enact any law concerning the religious practices of the people of the several states. If you disagree, please cite the relevant language.
I agree. But who cares about enumerated powers? That's been out the window for years.

How so?

Definition of RELIGION

Religious Atheism:
Albert Einstein said that though an atheist he was a deeply religious man:

To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I belong in the ranks of devoutly religious men.

Last edited:

I agree. But who cares about enumerated powers? That's been out the window for years.

Only those who care about the rule of law.

For those who subscribe to the law of the jungle, Constitutions are irrelevant.

I was suggesting you libturds who do indeed infringe on the rights of Christians experience the same in reverse. I didn't suggest you were killing Christians - how absurd - but you seemed to equate getting a taste of your own medicine would involve killing. Bizarre.
I wouldn't mind receiving the same treatment I give Christians. I don't infringe on their rights at all. If I'm in the business of baking cakes, I bake cakes. I don't have a right to judge the people who are going to use that cake and refrain from baking them a cake because I disapprove of their wedding.

How so?

Definition of RELIGION

Religious Atheism:
Albert Einstein said that though an atheist he was a deeply religious man:

To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I belong in the ranks of devoutly religious men.
An atheist can be religious (e.g. Busdhism) but atheism itself is not a religion.

Of course Einstein was not an atheist, anyways.

Forum List

Back