Would you support requiring all Americans to be religious

So you admit you want to kill and oppress non-Christians?
So you admit that's what you've been doing to Christians??????...
You claim that libturds oppress Christians. I disagree with that assertion, but it is one that you made.

I have no desire to oppress or kill Christians.

Do you want to oppress non-Christians?

The states, when they constituted their union, never delegated to congress any power to enact any law concerning the religious practices of the people of the several states. If you disagree, please cite the relevant language.
I agree. But who cares about enumerated powers? That's been out the window for years.

Only those who care about the rule of law.

For those who subscribe to the law of the jungle, Constitutions are irrelevant.
Banning atheism could be construed as part of the "general welfare".

You're ok then, you adhere to the religion of atheism.
Atheism is not a religion.
How so?
It is not an organized set of beliefs.

Definition of RELIGION

Religious Atheism:
Albert Einstein said that though an atheist he was a deeply religious man:

To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I belong in the ranks of devoutly religious men.
An atheist can be religious (e.g. Busdhism) but atheism itself is not a religion.
I guess there are less rabid fundie atheists, I'll give you that. They are the type who don't go on crusade (yes the religious atheists are good at those) against all things Christian (but not Muslim, for obvious reasons :) ) but there are religious atheists too who make it there business to bash and curtail Christianity at every opportunity.

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.
Scalia: 'Don't cram' religious neutrality 'down throats of American people'

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.
It could cost you jobs, loans, credit cards, drivers licence, insurance, taxes.

Anyone can write off they're church dues. What if that's all they did? I wouldn't care. 1% of it goes to charity

You claim that libturds oppress Christians. I disagree with that assertion, but it is one that you made.

The states, when they constituted their union, never delegated to congress any power to enact any law concerning the religious practices of the people of the several states. If you disagree, please cite the relevant language.
I agree. But who cares about enumerated powers? That's been out the window for years.

Only in Islam. Your safe.......for now.

Yes, trolling, but I heard at the last Republican Convention a speaker say, regarding religion, that to be an American you have to believe in something.
How so?

Definition of RELIGION

Religious Atheism:

To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I belong in the ranks of devoutly religious men.
And where's the dogma in any of that?

We have gotten along without such a law for a couple of hundred years. We had a social fabric that supported decency. Now the social fabric supports evil and perversion. A law won't change a pervert into a normal person.
Most of the rapists and murderers out there are straight men.

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.

Anyone can write off they're church dues. What if that's all they did? I wouldn't care. 1% of it goes to charity
What could cost me jobs, loans, etc?

What could cost me jobs, loans, etc?
If you don't register as religious. Just thinking of ways being a known atheist could hurt you. Tell a potential employer you're an atheist and see if you get hired.

How so?

Definition of RELIGION

Religious Atheism:

An atheist can be religious (e.g. Busdhism) but atheism itself is not a religion.
I guess there are less rabid fundie atheists, I'll give you that. They are the type who don't go on crusade (yes the religious atheists are good at those) against all things Christian (but not Muslim, for obvious reasons :) ) but there are religious atheists too who make it there business to bash and curtail Christianity at every opportunity.
Bashing Christianity is not a religious practice. It is simply hatred of the other. No that does not prove that atheism is a religion. It is not.

How so?

Definition of RELIGION

Religious Atheism:

Where did I say Einstein, or indeed all religious atheists are dogmatic?

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States"

Collecting taxes has nothing to do with enacting any law concerning religious practices of the people of the several states.

Definition of RELIGION

Religious Atheism:

Bashing Christianity is not a religious practice. It is simply hatred of the other. No that does not prove that atheism is a religion. It is not.
HATRED. Hmmmm. Thanks for admitting that. Don't you HATE Islam as much as Christianity?

How so?

Definition of RELIGION

Religious Atheism:

Where did I say Einstein, or indeed all religious atheists are dogmatic?
You didn't.

That's not a function of prayer/no prayer, and I don't see how prayer would fix it.
Well you don't have faith. Anyway look at schools before prayer was banned and after.
You don't have any facts or evidence.

This is as much a red herring fallacy as a post hoc fallacy.
At a time why God was welcomed in school we turned out educated individuals. Now that God is out, the education system is a failure.

These days your God is being home-schooled, and he's a lousy speller.

How did your God feel about segregation?
Color blind.

Then why did he allow segregation in spite of all that prayer?

Definition of RELIGION

Religious Atheism:

HATRED. Hmmmm. Thanks for admitting that. Don't you HATE Islam as much as Christianity?
I don't hate Christianity. But I don't believe in it either. I don't bash it. I argue against it.

Religious Atheism:

I don't hate Christianity. But I don't believe in it either. I don't bash it. I argue against it.
And the other part of the question? Islam?

Incredibly stupid idea for a thread.

And the other part of the question? Islam?
Irrelevant since I don't hate Christianity. I don't believe in Islam either, obviously.

I would not favor forcing religion down anybody's throat. I would allow property tax payers a choice of which school system their taxes support as long as their system of choice meets the state's educational standards. Thus if a parent wants to have their child taught in a Catholic, Protestant, Islamic, Hindu, etc. based educational system, they wouldn't be forced into also supporting an atheist based system.

Forum List

Back