Would you support requiring all Americans to be religious

Would you support requiring all Americans to be religious?
If it came down to this or banning all religion, I
think we would be better off by banning all religions.

Well you don't have faith. Anyway look at schools before prayer was banned and after.
You don't have any facts or evidence.

This is as much a red herring fallacy as a post hoc fallacy.
At a time why God was welcomed in school we turned out educated individuals. Now that God is out, the education system is a failure.

These days your God is being home-schooled, and he's a lousy speller.

How did your God feel about segregation?
Color blind.

Then why did he allow segregation in spite of all that prayer?
Try to read and comprehend, my God is color blind.

If you ignore words and wait until oppression is already here, you are too late.

Christians aren't making threats. No one is even suggesting everyone become a Christian. And no one feels threatened should they opt to convert or stop being a Christian.

They state their beliefs, as they've always done and do so peacefully.

You claim to worry about words, yet you don't express concern over Muslims vowing death to America or the BLM and other groups demanding deaths of cops and whities. Sure, their words did indeed lead to actions, which the left ignores. Instead you focus on those who peacefully protest.

If you don't want to look like a hypocrite, try expressing outrage at the countless innocents slaughterd in Muslim countries and the thugs who were killing cops and white people to make a statement. Otherwise, you cannot be taken seriously.

You act as if there is some death threat being leveled by Christians and you say you are concerned. Christians have been in this country since the beginning and they don't always get their way and never will. Abortion is legal and always will be. This despite Christian presidents and congress members. So, what are you really worried about?

Muslims have shown that they will oppress if elected, like the ones in Michigan. They immediately began imposing their religion on the town with oppressive laws regarding alcohol and forcing everyone to hear the loud calls to prayer numerous times a day. But, it's not politically correct to call them on their shit. In fact, some Dems approve of making laws to stop people from criticizing this very thing.

Nothing is more oppressive than being forced to bow to political correctness. It's at the point where people are starting to fear government, which we all know means that tyranny is here. It should be government fearing, or at least respecting the people, not trying to rule them.

Last edited:
If you ignore words and wait until oppression is already here, you are too late.

Christians aren't making threats. No one is even suggesting everyone become a Christian. And no one feels threatened should they opt to convert or stop being a Christian.

They state their beliefs, as they've always done and do so peacefully.

You claim to worry about words, yet you don't express concern over Muslims vowing death to America or the BLM and other groups demanding deaths of cops and whities. Sure, their words did indeed lead to actions, which the left ignores. Instead you focus on those who peacefully protest.

If you don't want to look like a hypocrite, try expressing outrage at the countless innocents slaughters in Muslim countries and the thugs who were killing cops and white people to make a statement. Otherwise, you cannot be taken seriously.

You act as if there is some death threat being leveled by Christians and you say you are concerned. Christians have been in this country since the beginning and they don't always get their way and never will. Abortion is legal and always will be. This despite Christian presidents and congress members. So, what are you really worried about?

Muslims have shown that they will oppress if elected, like the ones in Michigan. They immediately began imposing their religion on the town with oppressive laws regarding alcohol and forcing everyone to hear the loud calls to prayer numerous times a day. But, it's not politically correct to call them on their shit. In fact, some Dems approve of making laws to stop people from criticizing this very thing.

Nothing is more oppressive than being forced to bow to political correctness. It's at the point where people are starting to fear government, which we all know means that tyranny is here. It should be government fearing, or at least respecting the people, not trying to rule them.
And the master says, "I don't beat you like the other masters do"

You don't have any facts or evidence.

This is as much a red herring fallacy as a post hoc fallacy.
At a time why God was welcomed in school we turned out educated individuals. Now that God is out, the education system is a failure.

Color blind.

Then he should have had a word with those who were praying to him and also supporting segregation.

Silence betokens consent.

Then again, if he's so puny that he can't help Johnny read unless Johnny's forced to pray to him in school (home and church aren't enough, apparently), he probably couldn't do anything about segregation, either.

Color blind.

Then he should have had a word with those who were praying to him and also supporting segregation.

Silence betokens consent.

Then again, if he's so puny that he can't help Johnny read unless Johnny's forced to pray to him in school (home and church aren't enough, apparently), he probably couldn't do anything about segregation, either.
Quote the word of God where he states your hatred.

And the master says, "I don't beat you like the other masters do"

There will always be disagreement in how the country should be run. At least most are willing to abide by the constitution and simply exercise their right to protest or speak out. It's when wannabe dictators try to bypass our system or groups use violence to get their way that we should worry. Debate is good. Shame that some radical groups turn to violence as a first choice.

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.
Name one elected official who has said any of that.

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.
Name one elected official who has said any of that.

This entire thread consists of some disgruntled liberal making up things, attributing them to "right wing", and then bashing them even though they didn't say any of it.

The religious right is constantly harping on this being a Christian nation, and "you have to believe in something greater than yourself", and that atheism is an existential threat to the United States, and that the Constitution protects freedom of religion but not the freedom to be non religious.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.
Scalia: 'Don't cram' religious neutrality 'down throats of American people'

So would you favor passage of a law requiring all Americans to offer annual proof that they belong to an approved religious body (i.e. no spaghetti monster type stuff)? And what should be the penalty of failing to prove this? Death seems to be the only viable penalty to ensure that every American is religious, and so that no atheist scum are able to threaten America's survival by mocking God.

When did the US honor God? When it was enslaving God's children, beating them to death and raping them? Perhaps when they were murdering God's Children and taking all their land?

God has no problem raising Babylon to the heights of power to destroy Israel, but guess what. Babylon is Satanic and going to Hell, and Israel is saved.

So you just must not be a Christian (the religious right) if you believe America is anything like Israel, and nothing like Babylon.

Scalia is the latest to join this discussion, saying government should favor religion over non religion and that America has only prospered because she has honored God.

Can you quote me just one halfway mainstream religious conservative who has said that the Constitution does not protect the right to be an atheist? Just one? I don't mean some loony fringe writer who has a tiny audience. I mean some reasonably, halfway mainstream Christian conservative.

FYI, it was well known that Thomas Jefferson was a skeptic at the time he was elected president. But, of course, people also knew that Jefferson would respect the rights of religious people, even though he himself was rather agnostic at the time. (Later, toward the end of his life, Jefferson seems to have become something of a believer, but that was long after he was president.)

Anyway, just quote me one recognized, halfway mainstream religious conservative who has said atheism should be illegal. Just one.

I've never seen a Christian support laws making religion mandatory. Scalia's questionable notion of "favoring" is not the same thing as "requiring".

That would be as crazy as a Regressive Leftist wanting a law fining people for not being PC.

New York Becomes First City to Fine People for Using Wrong Gender Pronouns

Oops. Maybe not a good example.
Christians have been doing it for decades, such as compelling the reading of bible verses in public school through government mandate (see e.g. Abington School District v. Schempp (1963)).
The reading of Bible verses 50 years ago is not quite the same as actually being religious today.

Obviously.

When we a nation under God we were great. Now we have gone against God. We got Obama.
So you support my proposal, then? Ban atheism and Agnosticism from the United States?
No just quit banning everything about God in our society. Bring back payer in our schools. That would be a great start.

You mean bring back teacher led prayer, right? Children are not prevented from praying in school.

So what you want is for the teacher to lead a prayer. Which religion?

When we a nation under God we were great. Now we have gone against God. We got Obama.
So you support my proposal, then? Ban atheism and Agnosticism from the United States?
No just quit banning everything about God in our society. Bring back payer in our schools. That would be a great start.

You mean bring back teacher led prayer, right? Children are not prevented from praying in school.

Christian.

It's when [...] groups use violence to get their way that we should worry. [...]Shame that some radical groups turn to violence as a first choice.

Like those folks in Oregon taking over a Federal building you mean?

Christian.

Yes, so I gathered from reading through the thread. I didn't think someone would be so ridiculously anti American and against the Constitution, but to each his own. Your wish will never become a reality.

All children of all faiths can pray any time they want to. What there will never be again is teacher led prayers in public schools. There are religious schools if that is what you want.

Does tolerance equal favoritism in the low information predominately left wing mind? Christians would be glad to be left alone instead of cramming left wing ideology down their throats. Imagine forcing Muslems to cook pork for a Christian wedding like they forced Christians to bake a cake for sodomites.
These Christians were in the business of baking cakes. That was not endorsement of the gay marriage, merely providing public accomodation for baking cakes.
There are plenty of bakeries. There's no need to force Christians to act against their conscience. That can, I'm sure be very distressing to them. It's mean and petty.

There were plenty of lunch counters too and yet blacks wanted to eat at the one at Woolworths. These laws you think are "mean and petty" have been in effect since the mid 1960s. Have they been "mean and petty" this whole time?

I would also like to point out that the gay baker is required, by law, to bake a cake for the Christian in all 50 states because Christians are covered under FEDERAL law (that same one from back in the 60s). A Christian has so serve a gay in far fewer places because they are STATE and LOCAL laws.

You want to get rid of these "mean and petty" Public Accommodation laws, start at the Federal level where gays are required to serve Christians everywhere in America.

I think this is about tolerance, and laws forcing the intolerant to be tolerant. Do these bakers believe they will go to Hell for baking a cake for a gay wedding? Or are they trying to impose their religious beliefs on others, forcing others to adhere to what they believe is right?
It's hard for me to understand why we can't co-exist without such endless fighting. Doubt if Christ would have approved, to be honest.

Forum List

Back