Wouldn't it have been easier...

And more prudent and effective if we had taken the steps to isolate all those that are at high risk of dying from the corona virus 19, than to shut the whole country down or to shutter the whole country.

Also, I understand that it is important that As many healthy people that could get it, get it....the better.... because they build up antigens...much like a vaccination, that helps prevent them from getting it again in the fall.... it's part of the reason we've been able to subdue other deadly viruses.

Plus, most of the at risk, are older and not working...

The economy would have gone on as usual, no shut downs, no market crashes....

Why didn't we take that approach?
It does make one wonder if this whole thing wasn’t made up by nefarious forces for nefarious reasons.
No it does not. Skip to the logical reasons for this happening. Susan Rice briefed this administration about this exact pandemic.
Yes it does.
No reason wasting USMB board time with a programmed and idiotic baby boomer.

And more prudent and effective if we had taken the steps to isolate all those that are at high risk of dying from the corona virus 19, than to shut the whole country down or to shutter the whole country.

Also, I understand that it is important that As many healthy people that could get it, get it....the better.... because they build up antigens...much like a vaccination, that helps prevent them from getting it again in the fall.... it's part of the reason we've been able to subdue other deadly viruses.

It does make one wonder if this whole thing wasn’t made up by nefarious forces for nefarious reasons.
No it does not. Skip to the logical reasons for this happening. Susan Rice briefed this administration about this exact pandemic.
Yes it does.
You really need to stop with your hate and bigotry. Try to think logically, for once.

One problem.....the scientific community and press would go bat shit crazy if we gave the virus to people on PURPOSE.

WTF Dude?

LOL

If the young get it...............on PURPOSE......LOL

They get small symptoms from it .........and walk away....they would not be able to spread it anymore........and the virus isn't killing them.......or in most cases it's mild to nothing in the young.

Thank You Doctor Know Nothing.

stfu........Do you know what vaccines do......hmmm.......

This dang thing is gonna cause a danged worldwide DEPRESSION you idiot.......so.......yeah...the OP has a dang good point......stop being a moron.....thanks.

Jesus Christ, I had no idea that there are so many stupid people on this earth.. "This dang thing is gonna cause a danged worldwide DEPRESSION "

In case you have not noticed. It is here.

Yes it does.
You really need to stop with your hate and bigotry. Try to think logically, for once.
LMAO coming from you! LOL!

So what are/were you proposing as far as isolation measures go? I

Yes it does.
LMAO coming from you! LOL!
LMFAO coming from you! LMFAO!

Yes that would have been the sensible approach. As for why didnt "we" take that approach..? Nobody asked "we"/us. The reason this approach was settled on is because of who is most at risk of dying from this outbreak. They arent calling it "Boomer Remover" for nothing. When you look across the faces of the worlds wealthiest, most powerful movers, and shakers you begin to see a composite. "They" are the people this virus kills with brutal efficiency. And "They" are scared shitless. The worlds wealthy, and powerful stand to lose everything over this. And they are willing to shut everything down, to preserve their hold on power, wealth and life. Even if it means they have to burn it all to the ground. Even with such drastic measures they are banking on retaining enough of their wealth and power to still maintain ther social positioning once it's all said and done. A small irony... Now that it's the worlds elite are earmarked for filling body bags, instead of nations youth; world peace has broken out, and international cooperation is the status quo. Whoda thunk it..?

Last edited:
One problem.....the scientific community and press would go bat shit crazy if we gave the virus to people on PURPOSE.

WTF Dude?

LOL

They get small symptoms from it .........and walk away....they would not be able to spread it anymore........and the virus isn't killing them.......or in most cases it's mild to nothing in the young.

This dang thing is gonna cause a danged worldwide DEPRESSION you idiot.......so.......yeah...the OP has a dang good point......stop being a moron.....thanks.

Jesus Christ, I had no idea that there are so many stupid people on this earth.. "This dang thing is gonna cause a danged worldwide DEPRESSION "

You need to get the mods to change your name to DOOM AND GLOOM......

That is all you have to offer the world.

That's the dumbest thing I have read from you in all this time. Surprising, frankly.

Folks are dying throughout the age cohorts, even the young. These are the first you sacrifice on the altar of the economy.

Worse than that, even while not dying, folks fall seriously ill, also throughout the age cohorts, and in numbers sure to overwhelm every healthcare system on earth. Even if you can successfully isolate the elderly, that's ten percent of the population in hospitals in an extremely fast-spreading epidemic. An overwhelmed healthcare system results in many more deaths, to start with, not least deaths and sick among the clinic personnel. How do you treat all the Covid-19 patients then, not to mention all the other sick that still need treatment and care?

Also, those who fall even mildly ill - also throughout all age cohorts - live, probably for the rest of their life, with a 20 to 30% reduced lung function. Yet another sacrifice you make on the altar of the economy.

Yes, building up antigens is important. You know, that's what a vaccine is for, and without the death toll or other consequences of falling ill, don't you?

All in all, you clearly haven't thought this through, and seem to have replaced your care for all with dollar signs.
:lol::lol:

Calm down old Europe, it was presented as a question...

An epidemiologist on tv was saying the drawbacks to everyone going in to isolation was that not enough healthy people will get it, which will make the following season nearly as bad and contagious as the first, if a vaccine has not been developed yet...

The People who survived their hospitalization from the virus do suffer lung damage....

But those hospitalized are those who were at risk, elderly and younger with risks like asthma etc...

If the at risk had been isolated from the get go, the hospitals would not be overwhelmed in the first place

WTF Dude?
LOL

...and his very low intellect.

I don’t know

In that case the virus rampages through the younger population and does nothing to stop the spread.

Still not thinking. Still not recognizing that "risk of dying" is not the same as "risk of falling ill", and the latter not being confined to the elderly.

And that's before we think about the logistics of isolating everyone "at risk" - like shipping them off to Greenland and teaching them how to build igloos, or something.

Not everything of value has a dollar sign attached to it. Actually, hardly anything has, even though in this time of distress you appear to have forgotten about all that.

LOL

...and his very low intellect.
"This dang thing is gonna cause a danged worldwide DEPRESSION "

It is his quote. Man, you are pathetic.

Still not thinking. Still not recognizing that "risk of dying" is not the same as "risk of falling ill", and the latter not being confined to the elderly.

And that's before we think about the logistics of isolating everyone "at risk" - like shipping them off to Greenland and teaching them how to build igloos, or something.

Not everything of value has a dollar sign attached to it. Actually, hardly anything has, even though in this time of distress you appear to have forgotten about all that.
What?

Those that fall really ill

ARE those in the higher risk category, OE.... from what I understand...

And if they were shuttered, then they wouldn't get sick in the first place.....

The healthy, not at risk, are not suffering damage when they catch it, is my assumption.....

Because our hospitals are not ready for the huge influx of patients that’d be coming in. Hospitals run at 90% capacity when there isn’t a pandemic going around. And it’s not like strokes, heart attacks, cancer, and kidney failure are going to take a break while this is happening. 5-10% of people who get this will need some type of treatment, half of those will need hospitalization for up to 3 weeks. Remember, no-one has immunity to this, and it is diabolically contagious. 5-10% of 300 million is a lot of people going into the hospital. We’re just buying time for our hospitals. My hospital is already out of masks, and hand sanitizer, and we have already started firing people for stealing those items. Which I get, but the timing is awful. Nurses and doctors are going to catch this, probably from home, and will have to take a couple of weeks off. Short staffed hospitals and pandemics don’t mix. What we don’t want is what’s happening in Italy, where they’re already denying treatment to 100s a day. Over 700 died from this in Italy this Saturday alone.

However, I 100% agree with you. We need to take this month, lock everyone down. In that month we get our hospitals fully prepped and stocked, use the national guard and Army Corps of Engineers to make mobile hospitals, convert all outpatient surgery centers and other non-essential medical facilities to mini hospitals, maybe even convert a few navy ships and carriers to hospitals for heavily populated coastal regions. Then tell everyone to go back to work, except those who have risk factors. Give people a list of symptoms to look for that indicate they’ll need hospitalization, other than that tell them to stay at home when they do catch this and take it on the chin.

There are no good options left. China royally fucked up with this, to the point their actions will go down as the biggest crime against humanity in our lifetimes. And the EU also fucked up not cutting off air travel from China when we did. The EU then became the pathway for this to travel to the rest of the world. If you want a disease to spread, release it in Europe and it will travel to all corners of the globe. Plenty of people there have money for air travel, and have plenty of time to travel. Yea some carriers will get through the cracks, but it’s way easier to contain a the few, than the 20 or so carriers a day that we’re traveling to Europe. Quarantines suck, but pandemics suck infinitely more. Step #1 is always cut off the fucking air travel to the affected country.

Those that fall really ill

ARE those in the higher risk category, OE.... from what I understand...

And if they were shuttered, then they wouldn't get sick in the first place.....

The healthy, not at risk, are not suffering damage when they catch it, is my assumption.....

I think there are varying degrees of how severe your symptoms are. Some show no symptoms and some are mild. But many of the sick not requiring hospitalization have a very severe reaction.

Your proposal reminds me of the measles. When I was a kid, they encouraged you to get it and get it out of the way. If you got measles as an adult it was more severe.

Now, if one person gets the measles, it makes the news

We need the healthy to catch this sucker, so next season, they are less likely to catch it and spread.

If we quarantine the elderly and those with preexisting conditions that are at risk, we protect them...while the rest of the population that is healthy, gets it, and builds up immunity to it, so the following season with it coming back, will be less catastrophic?
Quarantine won’t protect them. Likely kills them.

Leaders Of Western Nations Misled Over Quarantine/Social Distancing
Spring equinox and rise in solar uv radiation will predictably bring mild epidemic to an abrupt halt (except for quarantined populations)
By Bill Sardi

March 21, 2020

Quarantines are counter-productive, as a chart below reveals. The full extent of a predicted spring “cure” that will predictably bring infectious disease to an abrupt halt will only become apparent in time, with the exception of the quarantined populations who now face indoor “urban lockdown” in the U.S., Italy and elsewhere.

A recently published analysis reveals influenza virus activity correlates with low-temperature/low UV radiation. That report states: “It is now becoming evident that meteorological factors are associated with seasonality of influenza virus epidemics.” Temperature and UV intensity are the No. 1 and No. 2 predictive factors for influenza activity. Crowding of populations in jails and other confined indoor quarters only prolongs the epidemic by virtue of the lack of sunlight indoors. Low temperature results in people wearing skin-covering clothes that completely blocks all skin exposure to the sun, the primary source for vitamin D in humans.

Destructive quarantines

The fact that onerous quarantines have now brought about economically destructive measures that will surely result in the collapse of western economies, all because of a massive misdirection. This is sure to have political consequences in nations where their population was mistakenly “locked indoors.” The public’s over reliance on government to solve its problems will be indelibly shaken. The failure of the news press to question health authorities by mindlessly repeating all the orders issued by government may cause the news press to cover for its own culpability.

The infectious disease epidemic will subside, but the economic consequences are so destructive as to demoralize the citizenry and irreversibly destroy the standard of living in western nations that unwittingly followed this doomsday prescription.

Spring Equinox and Rise in Solar UV Radiation Will Predictably Bring Mild Epidemic to an Aburpt Halt (Except for Quarantined Populations) - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com
You ever heard of Vitamin D milk? Enriched flour? Like iodine added to table salt, we've taken care of that deficiency in our food products, even if people don't take a multiple vitamin. And Vitamin D isn't a lone crusader that will effectively stop this virus. No one is actually "quarantined" anyway unless they're diagnosed with the virus. People are out in the parks and walking their dogs and etc. These stay at home orders are partial--there is a long list of places to go.

It was 16 degrees at 7 a.m. here. We're not taking off our coats to soak up the sun, but in the north, we manage to stay healthy anyway. There is a reason for that. Do you think the cold/flu season is only where the temperatures drop? Ask a Floridian or a Texan if they have no flu season.

And more prudent and effective if we had taken the steps to isolate all those that are at high risk of dying from the corona virus 19, than to shut the whole country down or to shutter the whole country?

Good question.

My take is that people in this country care more about the political party of the messenger than they do the content of the message and all responses to every bit of news are only meant to exact some sort of petty political revenge

Yes that would have been the sensible approach. As for why didnt "we" take that approach..? Nobody asked "we"/us. The reason this approach was settled on is because of who is most at risk of dying from this outbreak. They arent calling it "Boomer Remover" for nothing. When you look across the faces of the worlds wealthiest, most powerful movers, and shakers you begin to see a composite. "They" are the people this virus kills with brutal efficiency. And "They" are scared shitless. The worlds wealthy, and powerful stand to lose everything over this. And they are willing to shut everything down, to preserve their hold on power, wealth and life. Even if it means they have to burn it all to the ground. Even with such drastic measures they are banking on retaining enough of their wealth and power to still maintain ther social positioning once it's all said and done. A small irony... Now that it's the worlds elite are earmarked for filling body bags, instead of nations youth; world peace has broken out, and international cooperation is the status quo. Whoda thunk it..?
"Boomer Remover" LOL I like that one. (Even if I AM one of them)

Forum List

Back