Wow! An insightful and comprehensive look at Trump v. H. of Rep. coming soon!

"Having a vagina" is not a qualification for office.
A vagina or an ethnic bloodline is qualification to be a Democrat.
It will disqualify you as a Republican
Speaking of shallow and emotional morons...
The Republican Party has elected eight blacks to Congress in the last 100 years

We can start there
Public education in Black neighborhoods sucks due to Democrats.

Trump Is Counting on the Supreme Court to Save Him

From the link:

Sometime before June 29, 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court will either plunge the United States into the severest constitutional crisis of the Trump years—or save Americans from that crisis.

"Three different committees of Congress, as well as New York State prosecutors, have issued subpoenas to President Donald Trump’s accountants and bankers for his tax and business records. Trump has sued to stop the accountants and bankers from complying. He has lost twice at the district-court level and twice at the appeals-court level. Now he is looking to the conservative majority on the Supreme Court to rescue him."

Please don't comment on this thread without, 1) Reading the Link, and 2) whining that Trump is above the law and this is a witch hunt.

Keep in mind the rules in effect in this forum.

So it the court puts a stop to the unprecedented fishing expeditions this congress has embarked on, it will create a constitutional crisis?

ROFLMFAO

What a crock of commie bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

Unprecedented behavior on the part of a President

Not really, but you commies will say anything for your propaganda. Carry on commie.

From the link:

Sometime before June 29, 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court will either plunge the United States into the severest constitutional crisis of the Trump years—or save Americans from that crisis.

"Three different committees of Congress, as well as New York State prosecutors, have issued subpoenas to President Donald Trump’s accountants and bankers for his tax and business records. Trump has sued to stop the accountants and bankers from complying. He has lost twice at the district-court level and twice at the appeals-court level. Now he is looking to the conservative majority on the Supreme Court to rescue him."

Please don't comment on this thread without, 1) Reading the Link, and 2) whining that Trump is above the law and this is a witch hunt.

The Supreme Court is well aware of precedents with their decisions

If they want to rule that a President has no obligation to respond to Congressional inquiries and throw out Constitutional checks and balances....the same ruling will apply to all future presidents.

Be careful what you wish for Republicans

No president has ever been obligated to make tax records public. The inquiry is weightless.

Then let the court declare it an invalid inquiry. Congress has the right to demand financial information as part of an investigation.
Trump has a long and complex financial history. Congress has a right to know if there are conflicts of interest.

What investigation would that be? Be specific. Also the president and vice-president are exempt form conflict of interest laws. Deal with it commie.

Trump does not have to release his taxes. It doesn't matter HOW many lawsuits have been filed.
Please pay attention This is about accounting firms and banks releasing his taxes, per subpoenas.

OK

Trump STILL doesn't have to release his tax returns.

Three different committees of Congress, as well as New York State prosecutors, have issued subpoenas to President Donald Trump’s accountants and bankers for his tax and business records. Trump has sued to stop the accountants and bankers from complying.

From the link:

If they want to rule that a President has no obligation to respond to Congressional inquiries and throw out Constitutional checks and balances....the same ruling will apply to all future presidents.

No president has ever been obligated to make tax records public. The inquiry is weightless.

The real question is, will five members of the Supreme Court put Trump before the law? .

There is no law that obligates him to release his tax returns.

Not yet. There is a law to subpoena tax returns from the Accountants and Banks when fraud is suspected. You guys who continue to defend trump never seem to read and understand what and who have documents, and that there is no DOJ policy nor any Article in COTUS which puts POTUS above the law. He might not be indicted, but when the evidence is produced (as early as June 2020), it will be sufficient for a Criminal Grand Jury to be impaneled.

Congress has no constitutional authority to investigate fraud in a private business, that's the responsibility of the DOJ. Congress can only investigate fraud involving congressional appropriations.

From the link:

tds-liberal-trump-should-be-in-jail-me-for-what-62357318.png

Then let the court declare it an invalid inquiry. Congress has the right to demand financial information as part of an investigation.
Trump has a long and complex financial history. Congress has a right to know if there are conflicts of interest.
The American people have a right to know the same about members of Congress.

Yet Congress doesn't seem to agree with that. Weird, huh?
If a member of Congress is being investigated, then he should turn over his tax returns
Can you find me a Democrat in Congress who's willing to be subjected to the same scrutiny they demand for Trump?
Republicans investigated the Clintons for 25 years
Trump has a long way to go
Considering he hasn't committed any crimes outside leftist fever dreams, good luck with that.

The only good thing these investigations have accomplished is that while Democrats have been busy screaming at the sky, they haven't had much time to fuck up the country with bad laws and regulations.

They've tried, McConnell keeps them on his desk. LOL

The Court would have ruled that the President is not answerable to Congress and can ignore subpoenas at will.

Will impact all future presidencies and the balance of power

Trump and his followers never seem to understand the unintended consequences, they only act and say what they want at the moment. Not good for a President, a boss or anyone else.

Your desire to bog down Trump and this nation in bullshit witchhunts and fishing expeditions, is not just cause for a subpoena.

Seems there is no law to prevent my opinions, if you believe there is one, please notify me and the local FBI office.

Or you could simply ignore what I post; I wouldn't want to be responsible for edifying someone like you, it could be very harmful if you had a light bulb moment, however, Cognitive Dissonance is usually not fatal.

You are projecting. I was addressing your ideas, not threatening to use force to silence you.
Leftists can't convince anyone with facts and reason, so they seek to silence opposition with violence. And they can't understand facts and reason, so they assume everyone is violent.

Define "Leftists".

The word is what is known as a Chameleon Word, that is a word that has no generally understood condition governing their use. In short and in this case, it is a pejorative used by illiterate hacks who have no clue, but seek some phantom to blame.

From the link:

Q. What is Trump hiding

A. Something very big, and very damning.

I knew from the get go the rules would not be followed, I was hoping that the usual scofflaws would follow the rules, but alas, dishonesty, hypocrisy and willful ignorance are the safe harbor for trump supporters.
View attachment 311140

I have faith that good people***, Republicans, Democrats, Independents and Libertarians will see the danger of the lack of transparency among those still supporting trump, and how it must eventually and negatively effect them.

I have faith in the Separation of Power, instrumental in keeping our Republic great for the last two hundred and thirty years, and that it will remain a fundamental principle respected by We the People and those in power.

This system, a system which has not until now seen one chamber of the Congress surrender to the Executive (based on the definition of what a High Crime or Misdemeanor means) has brought Mr. Franklin's statement into the light. Do we want a King who believes he is above the law? Or do we want a leader, who puts the people, the Constitution and our posterity First and Foremost in his or her decisions.

***You Odd Dude, are not one of the good people.

Yeah, we get it....

View attachment 311148

Are you this overbearingly boring IRL, or is this bit just a role play here on the interwebz?

IRL?

your-problem-is-obvious-shirt--head-up-ass-tshirt-3p.jpg

It's not about me, MeBelle. It will be settled by the Supreme Court, and IMO, if the Court votes 5-4 in support of the Presidency, we have answered the response of Mr. Franklin, two centuries and three decades ago:
  • you have a Republic, if you can keep it,
  • We will have lost it.
The Court would have ruled that the President is not answerable to Congress and can ignore subpoenas at will.

Will impact all future presidencies and the balance of power

Trump and his followers never seem to understand the unintended consequences, they only act and say what they want at the moment. Not good for a President, a boss or anyone else.

Your desire to bog down Trump and this nation in bullshit witchhunts and fishing expeditions, is not just cause for a subpoena.

Seems there is no law to prevent my opinions, if you believe there is one, please notify me and the local FBI office.

Or you could simply ignore what I post; I wouldn't want to be responsible for edifying someone like you, it could be very harmful if you had a light bulb moment, however, Cognitive Dissonance is usually not fatal.

You are projecting. I was addressing your ideas, not threatening to use force to silence you.

I wasn't worried about that, you made a claim that I wish to bog down trump. That's funny, trump doesn't need my help, he is his own worst enemy. Anyone who echoes trump (witch hunts / fishing expeditions) is probably not smart enough to plan a personal attack (people like that were mocked in my career as being 'felony stupid").

From the link:

So it the court puts a stop to the unprecedented fishing expeditions this congress has embarked on, it will create a constitutional crisis?

ROFLMFAO

Not really, but you commies will say anything for your propaganda. Carry on commie.

"you commies"? Once again an illiterate uses "commie" as pejorative for anyone who holds opinions which he(?) opposes, i.e. equal rights and equal opportunities for all US Citizens; empathy for the aged, infirm, working poor and children; and of course everyone who is opposed to trumpism, i.e. Authoritarianism.

From the link:

ROFLMFAO

"you commies"? Once again an illiterate uses "commie" as pejorative for anyone who holds opinions which he(?) opposes, i.e. equal rights and equal opportunities for all US Citizens; empathy for the aged, infirm, working poor and children; and of course everyone who is opposed to trumpism, i.e. Authoritarianism.

Nah. "Commie" is short for Communist, a catch-all term for those expounding all things Marxist against the American model.

In other words, Democrats.

Forum List

Back