*Wow* Bill O`Reilly Not In First Place

Ava

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
USA network comes in first. Never heard of that network. Have you?

According to my man ( well one of them ) Bill O`Reilly:

"We live in strange times, and cable news is in business to chronicle that. As you may know, there is big money in the cable news universe, but two of the big players, MSNBC and CNN, are having major ratings problems. Last month (2/11 ) in primetime, the Fox News Channel was the second-highest-rated cable channel in the United States behind the USA network. MSNBC came in 26th, CNN 29th. Not good for them."

Charlie Sheen -- Cable News Star? - Bill O'Reilly - Townhall Conservative

Well to be fair, Fox would be the number one news channel right? I don't know the number of viewers, it may have gone up or down.

I haven't watched CNN much since they got rid of Lou Dobbs (Their #1 show) And the talking heads at MSNBC have already admitted to being in the tank for Obama.

Well to be fair, Fox would be the number one news channel right? I don't know the number of viewers, it may have gone up or down.

I haven't watched CNN much since they got rid of Lou Dobbs (Their #1 show) And the talking heads at MSNBC have already admitted to being in the tank for Obama.

Well you might be interested in knowing that Lou Dobbs will have his own nightly show on Fox Business News, starting this coming Monday. Can't wait myself. I think it will be on at 7:pm Eastern following another favorite of mine, Neil Cavuto.

What are you talking about? Basketball games or cable news? Here are some stats for March 10 for cable news
Morning...Fox & Friends 1,039 ...nearest Morning Joe 459
5PM Beck 1,958...nearest Matthews 865
8 PM O'Reilly 3,221 nearest Maddow 1,238

What are you talking about? Basketball games or cable news? Here are some stats for March 10 for cable news

The Factor on Fox News with Bill O`Reilly. It's all in the link I provided. :)

I fail to see the point of this thread...which puts it in the same category of nearly every other thread started on USMB.

Carry on.

I fail to see the point of this thread...which puts it in the same category of nearly every other thread started on USMB.

Carry on.

Lol, thank you for the permission...:lol:

"We live in strange times, and cable news is in business to chronicle that. As you may know, there is big money in the cable news universe, but two of the big players, MSNBC and CNN, are having major ratings problems. Last month (2/11 ) in primetime, the Fox News Channel was the second-highest-rated cable channel in the United States behind the USA network. MSNBC came in 26th, CNN 29th. Not good for them."

Am I not catching the sarcasm, or have you really never heard of USA network? They are the network of crime dramas. :lol:

Am I not catching the sarcasm, or have you really never heard of USA network? They are the network of crime dramas. :lol:

Noo, I never did hear of them but then I don't watch much TV. ( Politics mostly) Since I read about it's ratings though, I went there and sure enough..you are right...that is all that has been on. Crime dramas. I Googled that network and was disappointed to read that it is now owned by NBC, ( G.E. ) not a favorite company of mine. Thx. :)

I don't care about a show's ratings. I care about the accuracy and honesty of the host and guests. Ratings are for producers and advertisers to worry about.

I think high ratings of cable news programs is indicative of accuracy and honesty of the hosts and guests, or they would not be at the top. I find that interesting. Thx. :)

I don't care about a show's ratings. I care about the accuracy and honesty of the host and guests. Ratings are for producers and advertisers to worry about.

I think high ratings of cable news programs is indicative of accuracy and honesty of the hosts and guests, or they would not be at the top
I disagree. I think it means they know how to appeal to the masses by knowing what they want to see and hear. Matters of accuracy are another matter. Of course, they also know how to from people's tastes and beliefs.

Have you ever read Bernays' Propaganda?

I think high ratings of cable news programs is indicative of accuracy and honesty of the hosts and guests, or they would not be at the top. I find that interesting. Thx. :)

That's nonsense. The high ratings of shows like O'Reilly and Hannity are because they tell conservatives what they want to hear,

and because they don't have any competition for that format.

:lol:

It's indicative of gullible and naive viewers swallowing their bullshit whole.

The top two shows on cable last week were 'Jersey Shore' and 'WWE Entertainment'.

It's a daunting task to make an argument that ratings equal merit or quality when faced with those simple facts.

And yet, Fox & Friends doesn't come close the network morning shows and Beck and O'Reilly are far behind the network newscasts.

If that's the case, why do trash novels outsell high literature and why do action films outgross documentaries?

Well to be fair, Fox would be the number one news channel right?.

Wrong.

I've seen almost every right winger on this board argue repeatedly that Fox New's highest rated programs are not 'news' programs but rather political commentary shows.

I tend to agree with them on this one.

Forum List

Back