WOW: SPACE X & A PERFECT LAUNCH!!!!!!

Does anyone see the new China rockets as odd?

$

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

it was incredible! just awesome!

I didn't watch it but I am impressed how much vision and tax payer money musk can do ...

He is another Trump Jr.
LOL Put all the vision that all the Trump's have, and they would still not have 1 % of the vision of Elon Musk. They are idiots that have committed treason to attain the Presidency. Musk is a man that has established new paradigms in business and technology.
You are in for a rude awakening.

If we are serious about our environment, then we should already be mining H3 on the moon.
Because America dumped our space program indefinitely, it will be China. Who is well on their way to having first moon habitats by 2040, and mining for H3 by 2050 or sooner. H3 is purported to be worth 100's of $Trillions and be an enormous benefit to the environment since it is the only real chance of replacing coal and other fossil fuels.
But hey....let's ooh and ahh over a single rocket.

There is still time for our nation to once again lead the race to space. It cannot happen unless We the People elect a proactive Congress, and those members of Congress are well educated in Science and not solely in law (or in keeping their own job).

We desperately need a dynamic leader in the White House, one with a wide range of knowledge, curiosity and a desire to put our planet and its people as job #1. One who is motivated to putting together the resources of our nation with the technical genius we saw today in the private sector.

You forget, it was obama that killed the Space Shuttle system years before they were due to be retired. That set the space program back decades.
Bush Cancels Shuttle

"American icon's last voyage

NASA is retiring its space shuttle fleet to make way for a new exploration program aimed at deep space missions. Thousands of NASA and shuttle contractor workers are expected to lose their jobs once the program is no more.

Previously, the agency planned to replace the shuttle program with a new one aimed at returning astronauts to the moon. But Obama canceled that plan and gave NASA a new directive for deep space exploration, including a crewed asteroid mission by 2025.

"And I have tasked the men and women of NASA with an ambitious new mission: to break new boundaries in space exploration, ultimately sending Americans to Mars. I know they are up to the challenge – and I plan to be around to see it," Obama said.

Obama's comments came just days after he said NASA needs to develop new technologies in order allow faster and longer spaceflights.

"Frankly I have been pushing NASA to revamp its vision," Obama said on July 6 in answer to question from a Twitter user during a Town Hall event. "The shuttle did some extraordinary work in low orbit: experiments, the International Space Station, moving cargo. It was an extraordinary accomplishment and we're very proud of the work that it did. But now what we need is that next technological breakthrough."

Obama Says Last Space Shuttle Launch Ends One Era, But Opens Another

If we are serious about our environment, then we should already be mining H3 on the moon.
Because America dumped our space program indefinitely, it will be China. Who is well on their way to having first moon habitats by 2040, and mining for H3 by 2050 or sooner. H3 is purported to be worth 100's of $Trillions and be an enormous benefit to the environment since it is the only real chance of replacing coal and other fossil fuels.

There is still time for our nation to once again lead the race to space. It cannot happen unless We the People elect a proactive Congress, and those members of Congress are well educated in Science and not solely in law (or in keeping their own job).

We desperately need a dynamic leader in the White House, one with a wide range of knowledge, curiosity and a desire to put our planet and its people as job #1. One who is motivated to putting together the resources of our nation with the technical genius we saw today in the private sector.

You forget, it was obama that killed the Space Shuttle system years before they were due to be retired. That set the space program back decades.

How do you figure it set us back decades? The fleet was old and the technology for the future required larger rockets with more payload if we were get to the Moon and establish a base for further exploration - to Mars and the Asteroid Belt.

Because the work force needed to keep the shuttle program going was scattered to the four winds. There were decades of institutional memory that were lost.

If you didn't watch it live, watch the replay.
While cool it is nothing unusual. Very few Space X launches fail.

Shame our government is taking a back seat. We can give trillions to garbage causes but have to rely on private industry to get a man or capsule a few miles into the sky.

How do you figure it set us back decades? The fleet was old and the technology for the future required larger rockets with more payload if we were get to the Moon and establish a base for further exploration - to Mars and the Asteroid Belt.

Because the work force needed to keep the shuttle program going was scattered to the four winds. There were decades of institutional memory that were lost.
Wry is correct. There is no arguing his point.
My phone has more technology than the shuttles had.

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"

How far the Democratic party has fallen. This looks like a quote from a Republican.

That's the wonderful thing about technology, it can be upgraded. Did you know that the B-52 bombers that are still in the inventory started life much different than they are today? Amazingly enough the airframes are the same as when they were built in the 1950's and '60's, but the avionics (the electronic bits) are vastly different than what the aircraft was built with.

The same go's for the Shuttles. The airframes were still in good order, all that needed to be done was upgrade the electronics suite.

That's the wonderful thing about technology, it can be upgraded. Did you know that the B-52 bombers that are still in the inventory started life much different than they are today? Amazingly enough the airframes are the same as when they were built in the 1950's and '60's, but the avionics (the electronic bits) are vastly different than what the aircraft was built with.

The same go's for the Shuttles. The airframes were still in good order, all that needed to be done was upgrade the electronics suite.

How much payload could they carry? How many flights to the moon to build a base camp for further space exploration?

I don't claim to be a rocket scientist, but what I saw yesterday was impressive and how I see the future. You're not stupid WW, but you seem to see the world by your ideology, thus a mind close to new things, new ideas and change.

How much payload could they carry? How many flights to the moon to build a base camp for further space exploration?

I don't claim to be a rocket scientist, but what I saw yesterday was impressive and how I see the future. You're not stupid WW, but you seem to see the world by your ideology, thus a mind close to new things, new ideas and change.

They could carry 30 tons to LEO, and 4 tons to a Geostationary Transfer Orbit. I think it was 12 tons to the ISS. Space X Heavy, is not a new idea. I am happy that they are up and running, but there is nothing revolutionary about it. The technology to return the boosters to Earth for reuse is nice, but it is not revolutionary, it is evolutionary.

Forum List

Back