Wow, Trump Jr said he is more worried about his sons than daughters

Most rapes are unreported even today. Most sexual assaults are unreported even today, most sexual harassment at work is unreported even today.
How do you know they're unreported if no one reports them?
I've always presumed that unreported means not reported to law enforcement. Victims however can relay their experiences to their physicians, to a therapist if they require counseling to deal with the trauma of a sexual assault, a psychologist, members of a support group, counselor, etc.

It's only because of the way our society is structured that so many people believe unless there is a police report then nothing "serious" happened.
A woman can report it to law enforcement without pursuing prosecution. This is often the case when an assault is difficult to prove, then if the attacker is later prosecuted for another assault, the woman can then press charges and a conviction is more likely. If she does not report it, she can't come back 20 years later and expect to be taken seriously.
Filing a police report places the details of the traumatizing incident in the public domain. There are a lot of reasons why a crime victim would elect to not create a record that anyone can access if doing so doesn't improve their situation.
I'm not sure about that but at some point the woman has to make a choice. Either file a report or forfeit your right to prosecute later. The world is not gonna stand still for 20 years while she makes up her mind.

I'm not sure about that but at some point the woman has to make a choice. Either file a report or forfeit your right to prosecute later. The world is not gonna stand still for 20 years while she makes up her mind.
This is exactly the kind of societal attitudes to which I was referring. A police report is not the only way to legitimately document something, but the point remains that because of these other people and entitites we know that sexual assualt is underreported or often not reported.

This is exactly the kind of societal attitudes to which I was referring. A police report is not the only way to legitimately document something, but the point remains that because of these other people and entitites we know that sexual assualt is underreported or often not reported.
Sorry pal, but we don't send people to jail based on an alleged event that supposedly happened 20 years ago, with no proof, evidence, or corroboration. That's reality in the civilized world.

Sorry pal, but we don't send people to jail based on an alleged event that supposedly happened 20 years ago, with no proof, evidence, or corroboration. That's reality in the civilized world.
Why are you acting like getting a judge/jury to determine with a certainty of at least 98% that the defendant is likely to have committed the crime (which is not easy) is the only remedy.

There is more than one way to achieve satisfaction for violations such as these, having them rot in jail is only of them.

Why are you acting like getting a judge/jury to determine with a certainty of at least 98% that the defendant is likely to have committed the crime (which is not easy) is the only remedy.

There is more than one way to achieve satisfaction for violations such as these, having them rot in jail is only of them.
Getting a judge/jury to determine guilt or innocence is the LEGAL way to deal with it. Sounds like you're suggesting something else. Why don't you drop the cryptic comments and spell it out for us?

Getting a judge/jury to determine guilt or innocence is the LEGAL way to deal with it. Sounds like you're suggesting something else. Why don't you drop the cryptic comments and spell it out for us?
Of course you would imply that I'm suggesting something illegal as if it's somehow my fault that you don't fully understand the various legal remedies available to a crime victim.

Of course you would imply that I'm suggesting something illegal as if it's somehow my fault that you don't fully understand the various legal remedies available to a crime victim.
Then why don't you tell us what those various legal ways are?

This conversation began with you asking how one can determine the number of sexual assaults if they are not reported to the police. I answered your question but I don't know that you believe me or accept that this can be done which makes me leary as to why you would want me to post that kind of information here.

This conversation began with you asking how one can determine the number of sexual assaults if they are not reported to the police. I answered your question but I don't know that you believe me or accept that this can be done which makes me leary as to why you would want me to post that kind of information here.
Bye bye.

Donald Trump Jr.: #MeToo Makes Me Fear More for My Sons Than My Daughters

---------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe this, I saw him saying this on TV. It must be ghosts that are assaulting females , 1 in 5, or it must be the holy spirit.
Most rapes are unreported even today. Most sexual assaults are unreported even today, most sexual harassment at work is unreported even today.

Just remember who is assaulting these women and even some men.

His dad is a self declared assaulter, and he himself is a cheater, his wife filed for divorce.

Did you know it's not assault when they let you?
Did you know that "NO" means NO?
Did you know that regret=/= no?

Bye bye.
Where you going?

Bye bye.
Where you going?
No sense in trying to have a conversation with you. I asked you a question for which you clearly have no answer yet you claim to have given one. If you want to talk in circles to cover up that fact, fine, but you're gonna have to talk in circles to yourself. Waste your own time, not mine.

Forum List

Back