WOW Was I Wrong!!!

This is war. Democrats who stray from the party line would be dealt with.

You and your bullshit analogies. All of the hand wringing by powerful white men who fear reprisals from women they've molested "I fear more for my sons than my daughters". What a bullshit line.

Statistics tell us that 1/3 women will suffer serious sexual assault or rape in her lifetime. That means their daughters have a 33% chance of being sexually assaulted. But their sons only have a .003% change of being falsely accused of sexual assault or rape. Of course Republlicans are never shy about needless fear mongering, but maybe the problem is that these men have been less than gentlemanly in their interactions with women and they think, holy cow that could be me! Rather the more likely scenario.

As a group, no group of white male is more entitled than rich prep school boys, especially when it comes to girls. Trump is one of those boys, and it's not surprising that Trump has surrounded himself with these types of people, or that so many of the men in the Trump orbit have very dodgy histories with women.

Over and over Kavenaugh demonstrated that he is a partisan and a liar, either of which utterly disqualifies him to serve on the SC.

What does that matter to a canadian?

Well it seems you do want to be an arbiter and would deny a mans liberty to advance in his chosen profession on a single persons word, zero corroboration, zero evidence. Justice would be your career ending in a similar situation, where you're held to your own standards.

Appointment to the Supreme Court is not a right, it's a privilege.

That aside, if you weren't such a partisan hack you would have realized by now that I have consistently said that what happened between Kavvy and Ford when they were in high school was not enough to disqualify him. Democrats lost the script by trying to manufacture this into a hashtag metoo/women's rights issue.

God help us all if all it requires to ruin somebody's good name and make his and his family's life a living hell, to forever change the life he knew and loved, or deny him election or appointment or to be hired or even to volunteer is that it be based solely on the uncorroborated accusations of somebody.

As a matter of fact, that is all that is required. Been that way since forever. But you're right, it's quite unfortunate that next to nothing can have such a drastically negative impact on a person. Humans and their mob mentality. People just go fucking crazy and shit can get out of hand real quick, like a snowball rolling down a mountain.

But, that's all a tangent. Like so many others, you are out of your fucking mind about all of this. I've never said his life should be ruined. Unlike many people, I've never suggested he should be thrown in jail, or any of that nonsense. And, indeed, I reject the idea that this incident from his teenage years should be an instant disqualifier. In my view, Kavvy only became unworthy of confirmation because his demonstrated dishonesty and a poor disposition in the way he handled this.

But small minded morons like you can't comprehend anything more complex than a simple binary. A solid 80% of the population on all sides of the political spectrum, if not more, have had their heads stuck up their asses on this whole thing.

Well it seems you do want to be an arbiter and would deny a mans liberty to advance in his chosen profession on a single persons word, zero corroboration, zero evidence. Justice would be your career ending in a similar situation, where you're held to your own standards.

That aside, if you weren't such a partisan hack you would have realized by now that I have consistently said that what happened between Kavvy and Ford when they were in high school was not enough to disqualify him. Democrats lost the script by trying to manufacture this into a hashtag metoo/women's rights issue.

The fact is, no one knows IF anything happened between them, except maybe them. Considering she used repressed memory recovery, likely with hypnosis, nothing she said would be admissible in a court because of it's proven unreliability. There's no reason it would be more reliable in a senate hearing.

Personally I doubt they ever met, they ran in completely different circles.

And yet, she didn't simply allege that Kavvy was her attacker along with an unidentified collaborator. She identified the second person involved as Kavvy's best friend from those day. And she identified PJ and Squi as part of their social circle, too.

The only way she would know that information to have had some kind of association with Kavvy and is social circle. Kavvy insisted that was impossible. That is where it all falls apart. Maybe Ford's accusations are exaggerated. Maybe her memory is distorted. But her memory didn't magically distort into a perfect coincidence of names that just happen to match the social circle you claim she never overlapped with.

As I keep saying, his dishonesty is what should have been at issue. And if the Democrats had any damn sense that's what they would have focused on. But like the morons they are, they had to turn a winnable issue into a sure loser. As I laid out in the thread I linked to above, Democrats are the ones who turned the confirmation into a question of convicting Kavvy. People vote against conviction by default; all the unsure votes, like Flake and Manchin, had to vote against conviction.

If Democrats were smart--well, I suppose that's like saying "if the world was perfect," but you get the idea--they would have focused on Kavvy's dishonesty. They would have made worked to turn the confirmation into a question of whether or not Senators trust Kavvy enough to justify being on the high court. If they had done that, then the default would have leaned in Democrats favor. If they had done that, then being unsure would have necessitated a voting in Democrats favor.

Personally, I think the nomination should have been withdrawn and Republicans should have immediately set out to install an alternative conservative nominee before year's end. The court's balance would still be the same, without the shit show we're getting now.

And yet, she didn't simply allege that Kavvy was her attacker along with an unidentified collaborator. She identified the second person involved as Kavvy's best friend from those day. And she identified PJ and Squi as part of their social circle, too.

The only way she would know that information to have had some kind of association with Kavvy and is social circle. Kavvy insisted that was impossible. That is where it all falls apart. Maybe Ford's accusations are exaggerated. Maybe her memory is distorted. But her memory didn't magically distort into a perfect coincidence of names that just happen to match the social circle you claim she never overlapped with.

As I keep saying, his dishonesty is what should have been at issue. And if the Democrats had any damn sense that's what they would have focused on. But like the morons they are, they had to turn a winnable issue into a sure loser. As I laid out in the thread I linked to above, Democrats are the ones who turned the confirmation into a question of convicting Kavvy. People vote against conviction by default; all the unsure votes, like Flake and Manchin, had to vote against conviction.

If Democrats were smart--well, I suppose that's like saying "if the world was perfect," but you get the idea--they would have focused on Kavvy's dishonesty. They would have made worked to turn the confirmation into a question of whether or not Senators trust Kavvy enough to justify being on the high court. If they had done that, then the default would have leaned in Democrats favor. If they had done that, then being unsure would have necessitated a voting in Democrats favor.

Personally, I think the nomination should have been withdrawn and Republicans should have immediately set out to install an alternative conservative nominee before year's end. The court's balance would still be the same, without the shit show we're getting now.

No corroboration, no evidence, what about that do you not understand. We don't punish people on a single persons word. End of story. End of discussion. BTW you can know of someone without knowing them, even socially.

Last edited:

God help us all if all it requires to ruin somebody's good name and make his and his family's life a living hell, to forever change the life he knew and loved, or deny him election or appointment or to be hired or even to volunteer is that it be based solely on the uncorroborated accusations of somebody.

As a matter of fact, that is all that is required. Been that way since forever. But you're right, it's quite unfortunate that next to nothing can have such a drastically negative impact on a person. Humans and their mob mentality. People just go fucking crazy and shit can get out of hand real quick, like a snowball rolling down a mountain.

But, that's all a tangent. Like so many others, you are out of your fucking mind about all of this. I've never said his life should be ruined. Unlike many people, I've never suggested he should be thrown in jail, or any of that nonsense. And, indeed, I reject the idea that this incident from his teenage years should be an instant disqualifier. In my view, Kavvy only became unworthy of confirmation because his demonstrated dishonesty and a poor disposition in the way he handled this.

But small minded morons like you can't comprehend anything more complex than a simple binary. A solid 80% of the population on all sides of the political spectrum, if not more, have had their heads stuck up their asses on this whole thing.

I'm sorry. I thought we might have a civil discussion about this with an exchange of perspectives on it. My mistake. Do have a lovely evening.

BluesLegend said:
Right now the Democratic party is a wounded animal and increasingly unhinged.
That They Think The United States Needs A Fundamental Change
Says Un-Hinged Is Their Natural State

They Were Taught Not To Like America To Start With

there4eyeM said:
with the Republican Party unable to do anything other than support an inferior candidate.
How Ya Figure ??

Anyone Picked Can Read
And They All Have Top-Flight Law Student Clerks
Chase Down All The Precedents For Them

Except For The Prog Revisionist Jurists
With Their Fundamental Change World View
SC Is A Straight-Forward Pretty Easy Job

Harry Dresden said:
Of course Republlicans are never shy about needless fear mongering
democrats dont do the same shit?...open your eyes....
That's All There's Been From The Left Since 11/9/16
What's Their Platform These Days
Fear, Anger, Retribution, Hate ??

dragonlady said:
powerful white men
Here's That Irrelevant YT Man Thing...Again

He won, and Soros' Pussy Hat assholes lost. That's proper justice. Now he gets to stick it to the Communists/Democrats every chance he gets. He'll get his revenge. Bet on that. :)

I am not betting on that. Those who have reviewed his judicial record report that without question, without varying even once, he rules according to the intent and language of the law and not via ideology or political opinion. So yeah, if Soros and company overstep the bounds and break the law and wind up being judged by him, he will rule according to the law/Constitution and not what he thinks the law should be. If they broke the law, that will be the ruling. If they did not, that will be the ruling.

And that is exactly the kind of judge we who voted for the President wanted him to appoint. Keeping the Supreme Court out of the control of the radical left was No. 1 on my list of criteria determining who I would ultimately vote for. President Trump from the very beginning seemed to be the only one running on EITHER side who seemed to understand how important that was, and that ideology or personal opinions should never be the criteria of who to appoint to a judgeship or the Supreme Court.

He'll thwart the Communists/Democrats at every turn. Their Agendas are now DOA at the Supreme Court. He'll never forget what they've done to him and his family. Kavanaugh's sweet revenge is coming.

He won, and Soros' Pussy Hat assholes lost. That's proper justice. Now he gets to stick it to the Communists/Democrats every chance he gets. He'll get his revenge. Bet on that. :)

I am not betting on that. Those who have reviewed his judicial record report that without question, without varying even once, he rules according to the intent and language of the law and not via ideology or political opinion. So yeah, if Soros and company overstep the bounds and break the law and wind up being judged by him, he will rule according to the law/Constitution and not what he thinks the law should be. If they broke the law, that will be the ruling. If they did not, that will be the ruling.

And that is exactly the kind of judge we who voted for the President wanted him to appoint. Keeping the Supreme Court out of the control of the radical left was No. 1 on my list of criteria determining who I would ultimately vote for. President Trump from the very beginning seemed to be the only one running on EITHER side who seemed to understand how important that was, and that ideology or personal opinions should never be the criteria of who to appoint to a judgeship or the Supreme Court.

He'll thwart the Communists/Democrats at every turn. Their Agendas are now DOA at the Supreme Court. He'll never forget what they've done to him and his family. Kavanaugh's sweet revenge is coming.

Well if he exacts revenge, I have great confidence that it will be by applying the original intent and letter of the Constitution and the law and not by interpreting something as he thinks the law should be or by setting aside existing law or creating a new law out of whole cloth. And that is what I want from ALL judges, most especially Supreme Court justices.

Well if he exacts revenge, I have great confidence that it will be by applying the original intent and letter of the Constitution and the law and not by interpreting something as he thinks the law should be or by setting aside existing law or creating a new law out of whole cloth. And that is what I want from ALL judges, most especially Supreme Court justices.

Let's be real, he's gonna fluck the Communists/Democrats every chance he gets. He's a Judge, be he's also a human being. He can't forget what they've done to him and his family. Democrats truly screwed the pooch on this one. They had a chance to be civil and decent, but instead they allowed their hate & greed to get the best of em.

Democrats will be paying a hefty price for that for a very long time. The Communist/Democrat Agenda could be DOA at the Supreme Court for decades to come. And if Trump gets another Justice in there, it's truly over for em. I can't blame Kavanaugh for seeking some revenge. What they did to him was unforgivable. He's only human.

This is war. Democrats who stray from the party line would be dealt with.

You and your bullshit analogies. All of the hand wringing by powerful white men who fear reprisals from women they've molested "I fear more for my sons than my daughters". What a bullshit line.

Statistics tell us that 1/3 women will suffer serious sexual assault or rape in her lifetime. That means their daughters have a 33% chance of being sexually assaulted. But their sons only have a .003% change of being falsely accused of sexual assault or rape. Of course Republlicans are never shy about needless fear mongering, but maybe the problem is that these men have been less than gentlemanly in their interactions with women and they think, holy cow that could be me! Rather the more likely scenario.

As a group, no group of white male is more entitled than rich prep school boys, especially when it comes to girls. Trump is one of those boys, and it's not surprising that Trump has surrounded himself with these types of people, or that so many of the men in the Trump orbit have very dodgy histories with women.

Over and over Kavenaugh demonstrated that he is a partisan and a liar, either of which utterly disqualifies him to serve on the SC.

Here's a thought, maybe women who remained silent should accept their responsibility as enablers. Prompt criminal prosecution is the answer, not sitting on allegations for years or decades when there's no way to prove what happened. Now women are blaming everyone else for their decisions. And before you start you're rant about me being insensitive, sensitivity has nothing to do with it, I'm just stating facts.

Now would you like to get back on topic.

getting the fucking 'good guys' with badges to believe you back then was not a top priority for them in many MANY cases.

More commie bullshit, men have been prosecuted for rape and assault forever. You folks keep telling me how women are equal to men, then you cry that you somehow can't get fair treatment for yourself. Make up your mind, are you some frail little thing that deserves protection or are you an equal?

uh-huh. more ignorant poorly educated bullshit.... it wasn't that long ago a woman could be questioned about her clothing, or where she was or who she was with(date rape) or even about her past boyfriends & if she 'slept' around when she took the stand; as if she deserved it .

1979 ---which really wasn't that long ago ---was the first time a woman was legally able to have her husband charged with marital rape.

Here's a thought, maybe women who remained silent should accept their responsibility as enablers. Prompt criminal prosecution is the answer, not sitting on allegations for years or decades when there's no way to prove what happened. Now women are blaming everyone else for their decisions. And before you start you're rant about me being insensitive, sensitivity has nothing to do with it, I'm just stating facts.

Now would you like to get back on topic.

getting the fucking 'good guys' with badges to believe you back then was not a top priority for them in many MANY cases.

More commie bullshit, men have been prosecuted for rape and assault forever. You folks keep telling me how women are equal to men, then you cry that you somehow can't get fair treatment for yourself. Make up you mind, are you some frail little thing that deserves protection or are you an equal?

No in any realistic numbers that would deter men from raping women. Statistics tell us that less than 30% of rapes are reported, and of those that are reported, fewer still are prosecuted. 994 out of 1000 rapists will walk free. Less than 1% of rapists end up in jail. And the process that women are put through when they do report a rape or sexual assault is often worse than the actual assault in the first place.

Saying things are fair and equal doesn't make them so. Just like saying that racial discrimination is illegal but we all know it happens. No where does it happen more than in the judicial system when no one wants to "ruin" the life of a bright young man with an allegation of rape. Like Brock Turner. And in Brock's case he was caught in the act of viciously raping an unconscious woman by two men who testified that what they saw made them throw up. And he was a fine young man whose life was ruin by a rape conviction and a six month sentence.

No woman reports the nice young man who raped her because she'll be treated like Dr. Ford is being treated in the media. Maybe not on a large scale but a small town can be just as cruel and drive you out. Especially if the boy comes from money and the girl doesn't. Women learn to shut up and wear a bathing suit under their clothes.

If you think requiring enough evidence to prove guilt is disrespecting anyone, well you're just a screw ball. And like I said, don't blame the rest of us for women who chose not to say any thing and enable bad men to continue in their ways. Ford is responsible for not having the facts and trusting a commiecrat to keep their word and recommend lawyers. BTW her lawyers should be disbarred and Ford should be fired for stupidity. It was on the news for days that the judiciary committee was willing to go to CA to speak to her privately, she swore under oath she wasn't aware of that offer. Give me a fricking break.

BTW there's no way you can prove the numbers you're spewing.

it wasn't a trial - it was a job interview little kitty. learn the difference. the tremendous amt of people speaking against his character & the multitude of attorneys speaking out against him & the freakin councel of churches! they even said the guy is unfit.

Kavanaugh's revenge. It's coming. It's gonna be a long agonizing one on Soros and the Democrats. Justice will be served. :)

Sadly, he's big enough of a man to recuse himself if there's conflict of interest. You know, like judges really should do. I wouldn't count on any biased voting from this guy, I bet he votes exactly like Justice Kennedy did.

I predicted some red State dems would vote for Kavanaugh with a confirmation vote of 56-44, now it looks like for the first time in history a supreme court justice will be confirmed with a positive vote of less than 50. 49-48 for confirmation, no one saw this one coming.

Your thoughts?

That's messed up they voting the same way as with Obama care that costed the democrats 1000's of seats nation wide .

They have pretty much screwed the red state Democrats, guaranteeing the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate.

I only hope you are right. The more gutless Republicans may have voted right in the end, but their capitulation to demands from the purely hateful and dishonest Democrats, at times crossing the line into pure evil, has not made their constituency eager to vote for them. We'll have to wait to see what happens.

I don't know if she is up for election but I think Susan Collins saved her bacon with this yesterday:

She's not up till 2020 and that remains to be seen, someone has already raised close to 2 million to fund her opponent. McConnell said she would be well funded when the time comes.

suzie might be a tad CONcerned that the trumpanzee governor might primary her in 2020 for her seat.

Forum List

Back