WOW Was I Wrong!!!

I predicted some red State dems would vote for Kavanaugh with a confirmation vote of 56-44, now it looks like for the first time in history a supreme court justice will be confirmed with a positive vote of less than 50. 49-48 for confirmation, no one saw this one coming.

Your thoughts?

I thought the final vote was 50 - 48???

But for the first time in history we have one party that puts the country, the people, the law on the back burner in order to destroy their 'enemy' and attain power. So we'll probably see a lot more of this kind of crap before the people get so sick of it they stop electing those kinds of people to office.

I predicted some red State dems would vote for Kavanaugh with a confirmation vote of 56-44, now it looks like for the first time in history a supreme court justice will be confirmed with a positive vote of less than 50. 49-48 for confirmation, no one saw this one coming.

Your thoughts?

I think a lot of people saw it coming. This was always going to be razor thin, might have been this thin even without the bullshit from the last two weeks
Odd, isn't it, that a nominee who should have been turned down for what he has done was approved as a result of something he (probably) didn't do. All this hoopla over such an unsustainable accusation totally eclipsed the mediocre to poor judicial record of the judge. In fact, he was propelled to the position by the overblown, misplaced attack, with the Republican Party unable to do anything other than support an inferior candidate.

Classic response to being wrong.

See post 33, dickhead. Then FOAD.

Sorry troll, you don't tell me what to do.

You might want to quit the high speed drugs, you're acting really wonky today.

I don't take drugs, liar.

You're acting like it, we usually agree, now you're just being an asshole, for what missing a prediction by one vote. Wake up idiot.

I apologize. There are so many lib trolls on here it's hard to keep up with them all. Gotta go now, my Quaaludes are waiting. ;)

Evidently this was a prophetic OP title!

The OP evidently never saw the movie, THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS.....

Toretto: "It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile. WINNING is WINNING!!!"

:iyfyus.jpg::springbed::springbed::springbed:

And obviously this poster is too ignorant to realize that has nothing to do with the OP. Winning in the OP was a foregone conclusion. Now run along and play with your rat.

Your thoughts?

that Democrats didn't want to put a drunk rapist on the Court... but the Republicans would put Jack the fucking Ripper on SCOTUS if it helps rich people.

Mike Drop.

You need medical help.
funny-signs-designated-crying-area.jpg
funny-signs-designated-crying-area.jpg

Your thoughts?

I thought the final vote was 50 - 48???

But for the first time in history we have one party that puts the country, the people, the law on the back burner in order to destroy their 'enemy' and attain power. So we'll probably see a lot more of this kind of crap before the people get so sick of it they stop electing those kinds of people to office.

You're correct, you might want to note the OP was posted prior to the final vote. Agreed on the rest.

Your thoughts?

That's messed up they voting the same way as with Obama care that costed the democrats 1000's of seats nation wide .

They have pretty much screwed the red state Democrats, guaranteeing the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate.

I only hope you are right. The more gutless Republicans may have voted right in the end, but their capitulation to demands from the purely hateful and dishonest Democrats, at times crossing the line into pure evil, has not made their constituency eager to vote for them. We'll have to wait to see what happens.

I don't know if she is up for election but I think Susan Collins saved her bacon with this yesterday:

Your thoughts?

That's messed up they voting the same way as with Obama care that costed the democrats 1000's of seats nation wide .

They have pretty much screwed the red state Democrats, guaranteeing the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate.

I only hope you are right. The more gutless Republicans may have voted right in the end, but their capitulation to demands from the purely hateful and dishonest Democrats, at times crossing the line into pure evil, has not made their constituency eager to vote for them. We'll have to wait to see what happens.

I don't know if she is up for election but I think Susan Collins saved her bacon with this yesterday:

She's not up till 2020 and that remains to be seen, someone has already raised close to 2 million to fund her opponent. McConnell said she would be well funded when the time comes.

Last edited:

Your thoughts?

She's not up till 2020 and that remains to be seen, someone has already raised close to 2 million to fund her opponent. McConnell said she would be well funded when the time comes.

I hope so. I'm not worried about her opponent but that her base might turn on her. Both she and Lindsay Graham were pretty much on my sh*t list but both have redeemed themselves a great deal in the exemplary way they have handled themselves in the Kavanaugh debate. Kudos to both.

Your thoughts?

Minority rule is awesome. Enjoy it.

Your thoughts?

that Democrats didn't want to put a drunk rapist on the Court... but the Republicans would put Jack the fucking Ripper on SCOTUS if it helps rich people.

Mike Drop.

Seriously, Joe, was that the best you could come up with? Your fear and false rage are palpable. Oozing from you like lava from the peak of an erupting volcano. You just can't contain yourself.

You never once considered that Ford may not be telling the truth. Kavanaugh was guilty until proven guilty (NOT a typo). Your way of fairness and justice amounts to little more than what I call "reverse Sharia Law" in which case the man's word means little, and the woman's word is sacrosanct. You screech about sexism, but this... this is what sexism is.

No, Joe, there is no mic drop, just the sound of your teardrops hitting the bare floor.

Last edited:

Your thoughts?

Regardless of the number A WIN IS A WIN !!!!!! time to celebrate!!!!!!:5_1_12024: :clap2: :thewave:

Your thoughts?

Mathematical error.

For you and your liberal friends...

A strategic error.

Consider the charade you pulled with Kavanaugh. The same kind of character assassination you tried to pull on Trump. In both instances you failed. You lost. And you will pay dearly at the ballot box in a few weeks.

Your thoughts?

I hope so. I'm not worried about her opponent but that her base might turn on her. Both she and Lindsay Graham were pretty much on my sh*t list but both have redeemed themselves a great deal in the exemplary way they have handled themselves in the Kavanaugh debate. Kudos to both.

I think Collins is still wishy-washy, and it was nice to see the marriage between Graham and McCain end, now maybe Graham can be his own man.

Your thoughts?

Minority rule is awesome. Enjoy it.

ROFLMFAO, Can you say Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Kavanaugh?????????????????? LMAO

Dems - Trump won so what, we'll bock his SC nominees ha ha nah nah.

Reps - Nuclear option BAM payback!

Dems - :aargh:

Trump's Neil Gorsuch CONFIRMED!

Dems - :aargh:

Trump's Bret Kavanaugh CONFIRMED!

Dems - :aargh: :102: :aargh: (censored) (censored) :aargh:

Your thoughts?

Mike Drop.

Seriously, Joe, was that the best you could come up with? Your fear and false rage are palpable. Oozing from you like lava from the peak of an erupting volcano. You just can't contain yourself.

You never once considered that Ford may not be telling the truth. Kavanaugh was guilty until proven guilty (NOT a typo). Your way of fairness and justice amounts to little more than what I call "reverse Sharia Law" in which case the man's word means little, and the woman's word is sacrosanct. You screech about sexism, but this... this is what sexism is.

No, Joe, there is no mic drop, just the sound of your teardrops hitting the bare floor.

:thankusmile::thewave:

This is war. Democrats who stray from the party line would be dealt with.

You and your bullshit analogies. All of the hand wringing by powerful white men who fear reprisals from women they've molested "I fear more for my sons than my daughters". What a bullshit line.

Statistics tell us that 1/3 women will suffer serious sexual assault or rape in her lifetime. That means their daughters have a 33% chance of being sexually assaulted. But their sons only have a .003% change of being falsely accused of sexual assault or rape. Of course Republlicans are never shy about needless fear mongering, but maybe the problem is that these men have been less than gentlemanly in their interactions with women and they think, holy cow that could be me! Rather the more likely scenario.

As a group, no group of white male is more entitled than rich prep school boys, especially when it comes to girls. Trump is one of those boys, and it's not surprising that Trump has surrounded himself with these types of people, or that so many of the men in the Trump orbit have very dodgy histories with women.

Over and over Kavenaugh demonstrated that he is a partisan and a liar, either of which utterly disqualifies him to serve on the SC.
Of course Republlicans are never shy about needless fear mongering
democrats dont do the same shit?...open your eyes....

Your thoughts?

Regardless of the number A WIN IS A WIN !!!!!! time to celebrate!!!!!!:5_1_12024: :clap2: :thewave:

Now if RGB would be accommodating and vacate. Can you imagine the head explosions in DC? It would be like the 4th of July.

Forum List

Back