Wrestling Legend Kevin Nash: i'm a big gun guy, but an AR-15 is not a good hunting weapon

For all of the non-hunters, who stick out like a sore thumb.

1657639896209.png

They sure work well on a running coyote in a cow pasture. Having a flat shooting semi-auto .223 has served me well when I need to squeeze off multiple rounds quickly.
Will they do the job on a charging brown bear? Probably not.

Pretty irrelevant since our inalienable right to keep & bear arms doesn't have a thing to do with hunting anyway.

I don't hunt anymore but if I did I probably wouldn't take my AR 15 unless I just wanted to do some target shooting with it....
But in a pinch it will take down a deer....
However whenever I go off grid camping in known bear territory I always take my Marlin....
The last way I want to die is to be eaten.... lol

it all depends on what youre hunting and where,,

for deer in the wooded midwest my choice is a 45-70, it bust through the brush and doesnt destroy as much meat with the shock wave,,
I would never consider a .223 for deer hunting
I have heard an AR-15 with scope is great for hog hunting to thin the over-population in some parts of Texas, where meat is not the primary goal, but killing the overly abundant population, to less destruction and threat.

I have heard an AR-15 with scope is great for hog hunting to thin the over-population in some parts of Texas, where meat is not the primary goal, but killing the overly abundant population, to less destruction and threat.
they work great for low lying game and varmint hunting where a flat shooting round works best, more so at long distances,,

Like most things in life, it's more a preference than anything else. Personally, I wouldn't use an AR-15 for hunting deer, but many people do. I hate to see any animal suffer and believe you have a responsibility as a hunter, to give the animal the best shot possible.

But, they are very capable of killing deer and I don't look down on ANYONE for using them for deer hunting, and especially women and young people.

My go to for deer has always been the 30-06 or .270.

I never listen to Gun Guys whose Gun Collections are mostly constituted with Cowboy Guns ( Both Real Historic and Modern )

In Tucson Az, we used old fashion 50 lb recurves to bring down wild boar. Then we did a pig roast and it was a great time with plenty of beer.

In Tucson Az, we used old fashion 50 lb recurves to bring down wild boar. Then we did a pig roast and it was a great time with plenty of beer.
I'm shitty with a recurve. Probably OK with some kind of crossbow, but I'll keep my AR.

Forum List

Back