WTF is going on with DeSantis and Florida beaches?

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
I have friends and associates in Tampa who told me a week ago that Gov Ron "TrumpyBoy" DeSantis had shut down all the beaches. Negatory apparently, which is an IDIOT decision. You've got kids swapping spit (sorry for the visual, but that's what drunken college kids do on spring break) in every sand bar next to retired people in the oldest state in the country. According to the experts, half of those kids will be asymptomatic. It's a recipe for disaster.

Florida will be the next hot spot and it will be TrumpyBoy's fault because he bent to the pressure of tourist revenue.

We're headed for a nationwide shutdown. You can do it right now for a month and likely be done with it, or you can do it a month from now and spend 2-3 more months in shutdown mode with triple the number of cases and deaths with a completely crashed market and retirement savings wiped out. Don't be stupid Florida!

18,595.68 āˆ’578.30 (3.02%)
Mar 23, 11:17 AM EDT

I have friends and associates in Tampa who told me a week ago that Gov Ron "TrumpyBoy" DeSantis had shut down all the beaches. Negatory apparently, which is an IDIOT decision. You've got kids swapping spit (sorry for the visual, but that's what drunken college kids do on spring break) in every sand bar next to retired people in the oldest state in the country. According to the experts, half of those kids will be asymptomatic. It's a recipe for disaster.

Florida will be the next hot spot and it will be TrumpyBoy's fault because he bent to the pressure of tourist revenue.

We're headed for a nationwide shutdown. You can do it right now for a month and likely be done with it, or you can do it a month from now and spend 2-3 more months in shutdown mode with triple the number of cases and deaths with a completely crashed market and retirement savings wiped out. Don't be stupid Florida!

So it is the Governors fault that dumbass liberal kids wont listen to him? Of course he could call out the National Guard like Cuomo did and arrest any stupid punk still on the sandy beaches. Would you "feel" better if he did that?

Hilarious. You should do stand up.

So it is the Governors fault that dumbass liberal kids wont listen to him? Of course he could call out the National Guard like Cuomo did and arrest any stupid punk still on the sandy beaches. Would you "feel" better if he did that?

It doesn't matter how I "feel". It does matter how old people in Florida feel. Yes, shut the beaches down by whatever means, test all those kids and then send them the fuck home.

THE VILLAGES, Fla. ā€” Gov. Ron DeSantis delivered some encouraging news about coronavirus cases in Florida on Monday morning.

Speaking at a new drive-through COVID-19 testing site in The Villages in Sumter County, the governor said the hospitalization rate from the coronavirus is going down, as is the death rate.

"When we started this after the first few weeks, the number of people who tested positive had a hospitalization rate of almost 40 percent. So that was very problematic. Now that hospitalization rate is going down, it's now under 20 percent. The case fatality rate has gone down," DeSantis said.

THE VILLAGES, Fla. ā€” Gov. Ron DeSantis delivered some encouraging news about coronavirus cases in Florida on Monday morning.

Speaking at a new drive-through COVID-19 testing site in The Villages in Sumter County, the governor said the hospitalization rate from the coronavirus is going down, as is the death rate.

"When we started this after the first few weeks, the number of people who tested positive had a hospitalization rate of almost 40 percent. So that was very problematic. Now that hospitalization rate is going down, it's now under 20 percent. The case fatality rate has gone down," DeSantis said.

Yeah, too early to factor in the idiocy of spring break. Give it a few more weeks of the beach bar germ fest prior to believing Ronnie's happy talk. ;)

It doesn't matter how I "feel". It does matter how old people in Florida feel. Yes, shut the beaches down by whatever means, test all those kids and then send them the fuck home.

If the kids resist arrest, should they be shot? I need to understand how you think a Governor should act?

If the kids resist arrest, should they be shot? I need to understand how you think a Governor should act?

Yer just bein' goofy now. Read the Miami Herald piece. THAT is how a governor should act.

He shut the beaches in Broward and Palm Beach, but why would he close all the beaches? The beaches in some parts of the state are almost deserted.

The counties are making decisions on whether or not they want to shut their beaches. Some are and some aren't.

Yeah, too early to factor in the idiocy of spring break. Give it a few more weeks of the beach bar germ fest prior to believing Ronnie's happy talk. ;)
You canā€™t stand any good news, can ya? Must suck to be you.

Old people in Florida or any other place know better than to hang with college students at bars or public beaches during an epidemic. The real problem is young people gathering at all and the taking Corona Virus back to their home towns across America, but that is not Desantis' fault the kids are to dumb to listen to more conservative adults (like their parents) and it is also the reason, 20-30 year olds are fastest growing demographic on the corona virus infected statistics. As a group, they get the Darwin award. We will miss them, if we survive their bad judgement.

He shut the beaches in Broward and Palm Beach, but why would he close all the beaches? The beaches in some parts of the state are almost deserted.

The counties are making decisions on whether or not they want to shut their beaches. Some are and some aren't.
Trying to more evenly spread the virus to less frequented beaches and communities? Should spring breakers be stopped and state line, surely they are not dumb enough to be enclosed in flying tubes to arrive at airports.

I thought only murders belonged in jails now?

Old people in Florida or any other place know better than to hang with college students at bars or public beaches during an epidemic. The real problem is young people gathering at all and the taking Corona Virus back to their home towns across America, but that is not Desantis' fault the kids are to dumb to listen to more conservative adults (like their parents) and it is also the reason, 20-30 year olds are fastest growing demographic on the corona virus infected statistics. As a group, they get the Darwin award. We will miss them, if we survive their bad judgement.

Test them all prior to sending them home. Here's the thing though. Yes, old people know better than to be doing beer bong hits with 20 year olds in sand bars. The problem is that they frequent some of the same public places. Even old people have to make trips to the grocery and convenience stores.

Its not just FL.....people aren't staying home like their supposed to, anywhere...ā€¦..including Dem states. No surprise there

nobody believes the hoax, like me.

I dont understand why youre blaming trump for a problem caused but inaction of their governor???

Its not just FL.....people aren't staying home like their supposed to, anywhere...ā€¦..including Dem states. No surprise there

At least California has a governor who's making the ATTEMPT. Kids don't listen. They never have and probably never will.

Looks like at least the Mayor of Miami has half a brain.

Forum List

Back